BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

EXXEL Distributions

02-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
drivetolive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT M3

1998 BMW 328i - Manual, Good Condition

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 4,000.00

Item Interest
Posting this hear to see if anyone is looking for a fun daily driver while they park their M3s. I would consider trading the car for an E90 M3 exhaust + cash (specifically the M Performance Exhaust, Supersprint, Eisenmann or Akra Evo ).

For sale is my 5-speed 1998 BMW 328i (sedan). The car is bone stock (hard to find these days) and has never been modified. It is in unbelievably phenomenal shape and unlike most E36s out there, this one has almost no rust. The car is mechanically sound and will almost certainly pass safety (note however the car is being sold as is). The car passed an emissions test in January 2019. I am continuing to use it as my daily driver so the mileage will slowly increase.

The car is sold with two sets of wheels and tires, summers (pictures 1-3) and winters (picture 4). The car is fully loaded from the factory and includes heated and electric seats, dual climate control. and the rear folding armrest and ski bag pass-through.

I only recently bought the car as a daily driver in November 2018, however am having a hard time finding space to keep it (hence the reason for the sale). Based off of what other manual E36s are listed for and the major repairs made to this, I believe I’ve priced this accordingly.

Once the weather clears up, I’ll wash the car and get more detailed pictures up. I’ll try and get interior pictures up ASAP. I’ve tried being as forthcoming as possible in my details below, so please read carefully before asking questions.

Price: $4,000
Mileage: ~290,000km
Exterior Colour: Boston Green Metallic (BMW Code 275)
Interior Colour: Beige/tan
Previous owners: 4 (including myself)
Previous accidents: None that I am aware of, however I encourage you to purchase a Carproof if you wish. A PPI I had conducted when I purchased the car raised no red flags.
VIN: WBACD3329WAV22383

Recent maintenance/repairs:

- New battery (January 2019)
- Driveshaft and new center support bearing (December 2018)
- Front passenger side wheel bearing (November 2018)
- Rear springs (November 2018)
- Front sway bar mount (2016)
- Front brake rotors and pads (2017)
- Front driver side caliper (2017)
- Oil change (November 2018)
- Various light bulbs and windshield wiper blades (January 2019)

The good:

- No leaks or engine lights. Very healthy motor. The car is my daily driver and nets me ~600km/fuel tank with a mix of city and highway driving.
- Rust proofed annually for at least the last 6 years. Car was winter stored for 5 years before this year.
- Interior in good shape (aside from driver seat tear). There is no sagging headliner issues as there is with other BMW E36s.
- Exterior in excellent shape.
- Mechanically sound, with a healthy clutch and plenty of life left in the brakes.
- Two sets of wheels/tires includes (both sets in excellent shape with no curb rash, and all tires have plenty of tread):
Summer: OEM 16” BMW Style 30 wheels with all-season tires.
Winter: OEM 15” BMW Style 13 wheels with Pirelli winter tires
- Car still has the original, full size spare tire
- OEM alarm installed

The bad (refer to pictures for more details):

- Small rust spot on the driver side rear panel (right above the bumper - see picture 3 with issue highlighted)
- Rear passenger side jack point has caved
- Broken sunroof
- Sagging glovebox
- Driver seat is worn
- Clock does not illuminate (requires new bulb)
- Radio has a weak reception sometimes, other times it’s fine. I never bothered to fix it because it is a sporadic issue. The radio lights are also dim.
- Sloppy shifter (common BMW issue, doesn’t affect drivability)

Attached Images

Last edited by drivetolive; 02-14-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Appreciate 0