BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-05-2019, 10:47 PM   #23
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangroay View Post
Thanks for your advice. Do they still make OEM seats as well?
It would cost a lot to do the entire car than swapping with someone who'd really want this interior.
      02-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #24
kangroay
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Quote:
Thanks for your advice. Do they still make OEM seats as well?
It would cost a lot to do the entire car than swapping with someone who'd really want this interior.
Could back seats be swapped as well? I just can't imagine the labor cost of doing that
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #25
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Could back seats be swapped as well? I just can't imagine the labor cost of doing that
Yah they can be. I'd figure if someone is willing to swap with you, they would help with installation. If its too much work then just move onto a different car

I think the one advice everyone can give out is, WAIT. Wait for the right spec. Don't settle for something you didn't want.
      02-05-2019, 10:53 PM   #26
kangroay
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Quote:
Yah they can be. I'd figure if someone is willing to swap with you, they would help with installation. If its too much work then just move onto a different car
I see. Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #27
M3anest
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
The Limerock is just an orange paint job, a few metal plaques, an MPE and some alacantra bits. There is nothing unique about it. It's a parts bin special that was thrown to BMW NA in lieu of an actual special car - the M3 GTS. The E46 CSL, E36LTW etc. are not comparable to a Limerock at all.

OP - Buy the best car you can afford, which based on your description is option 3.
I completely agree with this, as an M3 enthusiast I would turn my head for a limerock but after that, that's all there is to it. I picked up a 2013 AW E92 M3 with low kms for a similar price. Trust me you won't regret buying a car when it's almost new. No worries of abuse in the past. Also don't get the Golf R, you'll regret it when an M3 pulls up beside you.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 01:08 AM   #28
thkfast
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Sakhir Orange DCT

I feel the interior of a used car is a good indication of how well it was cared for. Sounds like you're burned out looking and just want to get it over - I understand! Hold out...

You'll know the RIGHT ONE when you see it.

2015 F82 M4 - Sakhir Orange Metallic
2013 E92 M3 / 2013 E92 335is / 2010 E90 335i / 2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #29
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I take it the Limerock sold? I don't see any on Carmax's website.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2019, 09:04 AM   #30
kangroay
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
I take it the Limerock sold? I don't see any on Carmax's website.
I have been holding it
Appreciate 2
ItsGary1456.50
      02-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #31
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzgJ74 View Post
Funky logic here lmao - imo, higher mileage, more chance of it having had previous supercharging mods. Use the brain, buy low mileage, mine has 38k looks and drives perfect ��
Higher mileage means more of a chance it at one point had a supercharger? I can honestly say I have never heard this, and would certainly argue this to be the funky logic here.

Higher mileage simply means driven more. More of a chance for things to have wear and tear perhaps, but by no means indicates it was once supercharged.
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      02-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #32
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
I feel the interior of a used car is a good indication of how well it was cared for. Sounds like you're burned out looking and just want to get it over - I understand! Hold out...

You'll know the RIGHT ONE when you see it.
+1 here

Don't rush. I looked at a dozen different e92s before I found the right one. Maybe I'm too picky but I can say the one I finally decided upon was quality-wise head and shoulders above the others I had seen.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2019, 10:49 PM   #33
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzgJ74 View Post
I'd buy the low mileage Jerez black
ditto, but factor also the tax and other fees.

IMHO what they're asking for is overpriced.
      02-07-2019, 11:21 PM   #34
kangroay
United_States
Rep

I finally decided to go with the Lime Rock Park one. Carmax repaired everything I pointed out for me. Still prefer the leather seats over the cloth but I guess I have to compromise something. If I really not like it, I might just trade it in or sell it and get a Golf R or F80/82 M3/M4. By the way, is it normal that when the shifting interval is set for the lowest, it doesn't really blip or rev match even with the M button active?
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2019, 01:13 AM   #35
thkfast
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Sakhir Orange DCT

I've never tried driving with the DCT in the slowest shift mode. What I can tell you is in manual mode, fastest shift mode and with a modified exhaust, it's got a wicked sounding downshift!

2015 F82 M4 - Sakhir Orange Metallic
2013 E92 M3 / 2013 E92 335is / 2010 E90 335i / 2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 1
scrammer420.50
      02-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #36
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
I finally decided to go with the Lime Rock Park one. Carmax repaired everything I pointed out for me. Still prefer the leather seats over the cloth but I guess I have to compromise something. If I really not like it, I might just trade it in or sell it and get a Golf R or F80/82 M3/M4. By the way, is it normal that when the shifting interval is set for the lowest, it doesn't really blip or rev match even with the M button active?
I think you made the right decision. Speed Cloth on Limerock will probably demand a premium.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #37
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
I did try driving around one day while experimenting with the various shift speeds. I noticed that when the shift speed is at its lowest setting that it doesn't seem to rev match or throttle blip when downshifting.

I was so used to those throttle blips because I usually have it in shift setting 4 or 5 that it kind of startled me that it didn't do it in the lower shift speed.

I did not try putting the shift speed to the lowest while in M mode, because, well... who would want that?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #38
kangroay
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
I did try driving around one day while experimenting with the various shift speeds. I noticed that when the shift speed is at its lowest setting that it doesn't seem to rev match or throttle blip when downshifting.

I was so used to those throttle blips because I usually have it in shift setting 4 or 5 that it kind of startled me that it didn't do it in the lower shift speed.

I did not try putting the shift speed to the lowest while in M mode, because, well... who would want that?
True. But what I found interesting was that when M button is on, I thought manual shifting is the only available, however, when I test drove few other M3's, they were still automatically shifting. That's why I asked. Instead of should just number, it actually showed something like D2, D3 after M mode was on.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #39
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

True. But what I found interesting was that when M button is on, I thought manual shifting is the only available, however, when I test drove few other M3's, they were still automatically shifting. That's why I asked. Instead of should just number, it actually showed something like D2, D3 after M mode was on.
it's an M drive setting.. you can change all of those default settings on the M mode settings. You can also change default shift speed, MDM on/off, power on/off, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 06:36 PM   #40
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

No brainer. The Limerock is the best choice. It will hold it's value better. Plus it has a few cosmetic mods from the factory.

Speed cloth seats are the most desirable IMO. Look at values of the cloth seats in e46. People go crazy over them. Plus the sides of E92 cloth seats are leather. The door inserts are cloth but it's cool because it adds another texture over leather. Lastly, people are frequently selling leather door cards and seats. You could easily source replacements in the future and probably make money selling the cloth stuff. The only thing I don't like about Speed Cloth is that the armrests are vinyl. I corrected that by buying leather door cards and pulling the leather armrests off of them. I turned around and sold the cards without armrests. Net cost was zero $ for that mod. Just my time and hassle.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50