BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

12-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #7635
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Installed a new diff with 4.10 gears and OS Giken LSD unit, did powerflex poly street bush. note the shitey amazon exhaust hangers won't have to battle the super sprint no mo'
Wow, car looks better than brand new down under! How do you keep it in that beautiful shape mate?
Yeah California cars.. not bad for a 10 years old
      12-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #7636
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Yeah California cars.. not bad for a 10 years old
Again, just wow. Even the underside can be pure sex when looked after this way. Thinking mine is fair compared to the average car but looks like a dump in comparison. Good work!
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      12-15-2018, 01:11 PM   #7637
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Supposedly bought a set of 255/35/19 PS2s for street use on my LA220s.

I said “supposedly” because the vender sent me PSS instead.

I am not telling him lol
      12-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #7638
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
Supposedly bought a set of 255/35/19 PS2s for street use on my LA220s.

I said “supposedly” because the vender sent me PSS instead.

I am not telling him lol
I’m telling!
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      12-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #7639
AC/DC
NooB
Rep
Drives: M

Just installed a new steering wheel today that I ordered a while back!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MahiC88.00
      12-15-2018, 04:59 PM   #7640
slowm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Gave it a nice clean and listed it for sale!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SAMM3Y3085.00
DrFerry6722.50
admranger2981.50
      12-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #7641
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
My stepbrother took my M3 while I did some work on his E46 330Ci. Replaced O2 Sensors, spark plugs and ignition coils. Has a leak in his radiator from where one of the hoses connects from the looks of it. Not sure if he needs a new rad in general or hose, gotta inspect it some more
Update, also did an oil change. The oil was basically like water lol
      12-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #7642
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowm3 View Post
Gave it a nice clean and listed it for sale!
Looks great, have you adjusted your rear camber bolts? I love the color, whoever picks that up will be in for a treat..
      12-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #7643
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
My stepbrother took my M3 while I did some work on his E46 330Ci. Replaced O2 Sensors, spark plugs and ignition coils. Has a leak in his radiator from where one of the hoses connects from the looks of it. Not sure if he needs a new rad in general or hose, gotta inspect it some more
the e46's Achilles heel is the cooling system
if it hasn't been overhauled, might as well replace everything
radiator, coolant tank, belts, pulleys, and all the in between parts

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #7644
slowm3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Looks great, have you adjusted your rear camber bolts? I love the color, whoever picks that up will be in for a treat..
Camber was adjusted when I had the alignment done. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
SAMM3Y3085.00
      12-15-2018, 11:39 PM   #7645
jd501
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
My E46M lost that hose while I was driving on the freeway. Sprayed coolant all over the engine bay, so all I saw was smoke coming out of the engine and my engine temp go to max. Towed it to the dealer (was under CPO at the time), who promptly misdiagnosed it somehow and then eventually ended up charging me a ton of money to replace the hose, which of course wasn't under warranty.

Last edited by jd501; 12-16-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #7646
DBLANCO
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Replaced my steering wheel and paddle shifters.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #7647
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Awron Gauge installed.. now just need the Supercharger if anyone has one for sale In nor cal or are willing to ship for a reasonable price holla at me..
Attached Images

12-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #7648
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Awron Gauge installed.. now just need the Supercharger if anyone has one for sale In nor cal or are willing to ship for a reasonable price holla at me..
I assume you have a tune that changes the redline warm up limiter? I've never understood why after a cold start, it's only 1-2 minutes and the stock yellow/red bars are already @ 8400 like it's ready to go. SMH
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:43 PM   #7649
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Sure.

I might just have RG do it though. Need to have them do my brakes and track day inspection anyways.
Sounds good, or after you install it works too

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Its at 265,000 KMs, I can see where the leak is coming from, he's getting a new vehicle soon so I don't think he really cares that much. Though I wouldn't mind taking it from him, surprisingly some parts on this car are more expensive than our M3s.
      12-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #7650
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Quote:
I assume you have a tune that changes the redline warm up limiter? I've never understood why after a cold start, it's only 1-2 minutes and the stock yellow/red bars are already @ 8400 like it's ready to go. SMH
Yes, Turner shark tune. It transforms the car, just put it back on yesterday post smog. The car literally needs 5 minutes to warm up according to that rev limiter
      12-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #7651
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, Turner shark tune. It transforms the car, just put it back on yesterday post smog. The car literally needs 5 minutes to warm up according to that rev limiter
Good to know, thanks. I honestly haven't heard reviews of that particular tune... How does it compare to Alpine, etc
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #7652
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good to know, thanks. I honestly haven't heard reviews of that particular tune... How does it compare to Alpine, etc
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah platforms been floorless, easy to use. The car runs smooth actually running a stage 2 catless tune with HFC's cuz hated the smell of the catless car, have seen 320+torque numbers according to the awron but who knows how accurate that is. Sounds great smells great
      12-16-2018, 04:59 PM   #7653
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah platforms been floorless, easy to use. The car runs smooth actually running a stage 2 catless tune with HFC's cuz hated the smell of the catless car, have seen 320+torque numbers according to the awron but who knows how accurate that is. Sounds great smells great
I'm leaning towards turner test pipes and leaving stock secondaries on... hopefully that helps on the smell... but it's not like a smell in the cabin coming from below, correct? Just the exhaust fumes I assume?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #7654
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm leaning towards turner test pipes and leaving stock secondaries on... hopefully that helps on the smell... but it's not like a smell in the cabin coming from below, correct? Just the exhaust fumes I assume?
No you get a little cabin smell I've checked for leaks too, you can't get away from it especially with windows down. I might be sensitive to it but I can smell out a catless car on the roads
      12-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #7655
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No you get a little cabin smell I've checked for leaks too, you can't get away from it especially with windows down. I might be sensitive to it but I can smell out a catless car on the roads
hmm.. even if I do welded approach? odd...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #7656
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Got inspection and transmission flush done today. Car has 47k miles I don’t believe it was ever flushed before. Man, what a night and day difference! If your gearbox feels notchy and doesn’t go into gears smoothly it might be time to change your transmission fluid.
Appreciate 1
MahiC88.00