BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #23
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Okay. I shut off DSC. I am in S5. I push the selector up one more...and I do NOT get a sixth bar to show. What is the problem? Do I have to be sitting still when I make this selection or can I be driving and change to S6 on the fly?
Strange - not sure what the issue is. I can engage S6 any time - driving or stopped - by shutting off DSC and clicking the Drivelogic switch up one.

Do you have ZTP? If so are you able to S6 via the MDrive settings, and using the M button?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #24
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Do you have ZTP?
What is this?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #25
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8000 View Post
What is this?
?? Technology Package. I suppose if you don't have the tech package you get to s6 by the way he described (deactivating dsc and using the drive mode selection button). I haven't tried that on mine as I thought s6 could only be activated through Idrive if you have the tech package.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #26
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
?? Technology Package.
Yep.

Quote:
I suppose if you don't have the tech package you get to s6 by the way he described (deactivating dsc and using the drive mode selection button). I haven't tried that on mine as I thought s6 could only be activated through Idrive if you have the tech package.
Whether you have ZTP or not, you ought to be able to get to S6 the way I described, at least according to other posts I've read by people who do have ZTP.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #27
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
?? Technology Package. I suppose if you don't have the tech package you get to s6 by the way he described (deactivating dsc and using the drive mode selection button). I haven't tried that on mine as I thought s6 could only be activated through Idrive if you have the tech package.
Thanks. I dont know if I have the (mysterious "Z") Technology Package or not (probably I do as I have M Drive) but I can enable S6 by deactivating the DSC from the relevant button in the console - no need to go in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #28
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I dont know if I have the (mysterious "Z") Technology Package or not (probably I do as I have M Drive)...
Well, in the US you can only get MDrive by getting the ZTP package. In some regions (like yours - Greece) you can order MDrive standalone, as long as you have also ordered IDrive. Such regions don't have the ZTP package, which is probably why you are not familiar with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #29
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Well, in the US you can only get MDrive by getting the ZTP package. In some regions (like yours - Greece) you can order MDrive standalone, as long as you have also ordered IDrive. Such regions don't have the ZTP package, which is probably why you are not familiar with it.
Interesting...
Do you know what's the ordering code of this ZTP? Then I can find out for sure if it is available here and if I have it or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #30
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Interesting...
Do you know what's the ordering code of this ZTP? Then I can find out for sure if it is available here and if I have it or not.
The ordering code is ZTP. That's why we call it ZTP.

Its just a package that lumps IDrive, MDrive, Comfort Access and HD Radio (or is it Satelite Radio? can't remember) together. Here in the US, it is a no-brainer if you want IDrive anyway (I personally don't), since its only about 1k more than IDrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #31
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Hmm...yes, I do have Technology Package. I haven't tried activating S6 from the iDrive menu yet. But I for sure, can't activate it by pressing the up arrow button located directly below the gear lever no matter if DSC is off or on. =(

Let me ask you guys this: Right now, the display between the tach and speedo shows up to five bars. So if I'm in S3, then there are two empty bars to the right. (i.e. total of five). People who can activate S6, do you have five bars showing or six bars showing when you are for example, S3 mode?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #32
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmm...yes, I do have Technology Package. I haven't tried activating S6 from the iDrive menu yet. But I for sure, can't activate it by pressing the up arrow button located directly below the gear lever no matter if DSC is off or on. =(

Let me ask you guys this: Right now, the display between the tach and speedo shows up to five bars. So if I'm in S3, then there are two empty bars to the right. (i.e. total of five). People who can activate S6, do you have five bars showing or six bars showing when you are for example, S3 mode?
I think you need to go into idrive to active s6. You get SIX bars. As you mentioned, you must first deactivate DSC.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #33
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As long as DSC is off, there are six bars showing regardless of the current S mode. Because I wasn't actually sure whether the sixth bar shows up only if you are currently in S5 (I always drive in S5 or S6), I actually went out to my car just now to verify this 100%. I turned on the car, it defaulted to S3, I turned off DSC and - presto - up popped the 6th bar in the display.

One thing, are you sure you are not trying all of this while in D mode? D mode does not have a 6th Drivelogic program. So if you are in D, you won't see the 6th bar regardless if DSC is on or off.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #34
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:

This might be a stupid question, but are you sure that you're turning DSC off? You need to press and hold the button for a second or two, and you'll be prompted with a warning on the dash and the nav that traction control has been disabled. Simply pushing the button won't deactivate it.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 12:56 PM   #35
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep

Quote:
The ordering code is ZTP. That's why we call it ZTP.

Its just a package that lumps IDrive, MDrive, Comfort Access and HD Radio (or is it Satelite Radio? can't remember) together. Here in the US, it is a no-brainer if you want IDrive anyway (I personally don't), since its only about 1k more than IDrive.
Oh I see, I thought ZTP meant Z..... Technology Package

Its not available at all as a package here.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #36
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Yes. I'm sure I've got DSC turned off, because of the yellow icon that appears in the display.

BUT, I'm such an idiot. I was in D mode and trying to activate S6! Durr...okay, after work, I'll make sure to switch to S mode, since there is no such thing as D6. I'm sure that will solve my problem. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
BUT, I'm such an idiot. I was in D mode and trying to activate S6! Durr...okay, after work, I'll make sure to switch to S mode, since there is no such thing as D6. I'm sure that will solve my problem. Thanks!
Ah, so I guessed it. Yeah, it'll definitely work if you put it into S.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #38
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes. I'm sure I've got DSC turned off, because of the yellow icon that appears in the display.

True...that makes sense...duh. I'll have to try this out myself. I turn off dsc so infrequently that I forgot about that option.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #39
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Not to be a dumb ass, but I went to a dead stop. I then placed the car in S6 and turned off DSC. I then clicked forward with stick to minus and saw the flag. I then applied the gas and the car revved high even though it said "1". So, I applied the brake and then repeated the steps. This time the car again revved high and no launch, but instead it shut down and threw a temperature symbol.

What am I doing wrong? Do you need to click the shifter again while revving?

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 07:15 PM   #40
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
Not to be a dumb ass, but I went to a dead stop. I then placed the car in S6 and turned off DSC. I then clicked forward with stick to minus and saw the flag. I then applied the gas and the car revved high even though it said "1". So, I applied the brake and then repeated the steps. This time the car again revved high and no launch, but instead it shut down and threw a temperature symbol.

What am I doing wrong? Do you need to click the shifter again while revving?

you have to let it rev for like 2 seconds and the car will launch

it says 1st gear but its actually in neutral for that 2 seconds

dont apply the brakes, just wait, or u will damage you car
      07-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #41
STIto335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Launch control no longer activates when the car is warm and driven after x amount of miles. I put it into S6, push forward on shifter and no flag...im 100% sure i did all the correct steps for LC too. I think im going to take it to the dealer and have them fix this...

I believe a few other members on the board had their LC's removed due to the update too..
This happened to my friends car! I took it to the 1200 mile service, launched a few times on the way there picked it up and tried it no LC came on once every 5-6 times I tried it.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 07:54 AM   #42
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STIto335 View Post
This happened to my friends car! I took it to the 1200 mile service, launched a few times on the way there picked it up and tried it no LC came on once every 5-6 times I tried it.

That is strange. I have the newest software on my car an LC still works??

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #43
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

I've heard that you can do LC for a few times and then will be disabled for 50kms or so before it is available again...
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #44
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIto335 View Post
Cool friend!
Not sure he would say the same about you though if he found out you were LCing his M3 prior to the 1200 service
Appreciate 0