BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-19-2011, 12:15 AM   #23
JOM3JO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

you should consider GTR or M3 not even 335i.....if you want turbo=GTR..if you want NA=M3,whatever 335i do...it wont be a M car forever...any tuned turbo car can easy fast than NA car...by the way...Who care about "Gay" straight Race...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 12:43 AM   #24
GhostyM
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: plenty

Yeah, honestly it sounds like a 17 year old.

Don't buy the M3. Get a LS/Vtec Civic and turbo it.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:12 PM   #25
AngelinIsRich08
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

You should just buy a Scion.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #26
Bubajay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver Nissan 370z

WOW...everyone needs to get off of his back. I understand everyone's point of view in saying that he is judging a car solely based off of the horsepower and 0-60 figures and how that is not what an M is about, but the responses are making people not want to post on these forums...and that is the point of a FORUM! To post and ask questions.

Now to the question at hand. Everyone who has posted here is right in their own regard. The 335i that is tuned will smash an M3, but when it is already traveling and revving on a track or on your local street corner, the 335 just doesn't have the components to match.

The turbo cars torquey feel is like nothing else, but yes in terms of longevity, it really doesn't stand a chance. There are only so many energy drinks you can have to keep going till your heart gives up. On the same note, as much as I have heard of the M's reliability, i have also heard horror stories.

It is a coin toss, but seeing as you are or were a race car driver, the M3's 414 HORSES should be enough for your daily drive.

I personally am looking a couple years ahead and will probably pick up a 2011/2012 E92 M in the summer of 2013. Like one said, I will NEVER buy a used turbo car. Happy and safe driving!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #27
MDSKIER
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheistand37 View Post
LOOK FELLAS< I HAVE EDITED THIS BECAUSE SOME OF THE RESPONSES I AM GETTING ARE RIDICULOUS. Telling me I don't deserve an M3, going on some long ti-raid about 335 reliability, and other nonsense. Please allow me to clarify a couple of things.
1. I could give two $%^#@ about a 335i including the one I drive. I have it cause I got it cheap at the auction. I have the chip cause a buddy told be I could make it a little more fun cheap.
2. I am not attempting to bash the M3. Its a beautiful car. It sounds amazing, especially with exhaust. after all I am looking to upgrade.
3. everyone seems to be fixated on nonsense so I'll put the question no one has answered in a later post up here. Does the M3 with xpipe, tune, and exhaust have similar pace to a otherwise stock jb3 335i. No downpipe, meth, or any other crap. I only ask because THAT is what I have driven and THAT is what I could compare it to. I would think it would if xpipe and chip claims are true, 440-450 horse power should be enough.
4. I am not very experienced at posting on forums but if I asked you these questions in person, would you respond in such a way? Be cool guys, Im not trying to insult anyone. For those who were thanks. I do appreciate any input!

Thoughts?
+1

Trying to get an intelligent answer here can be challenging. Good luck!!

I mainly read the threads and make my up my own answers.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I think your post is well founded. I had both 335's as well and looked at the E92M3 before I just purchased my '11 Grand Sport Vette in March. To me the DCT felt like it had more low end pull compared to the 6MT. I have no idea if the numbers indicate that or not, this was purely seat of the pants feel. I also owned a C6Z06 in the past as well and I will tell you that I actually prefer the GS with 436/HP & TQ (performance exhaust) better than the Z06. It is much more controllable power for my driving style. I use the car primarily as weekend car and love it. I do wish it had M3 quality bits/interior, etc so I can see your point in the "lacking interior class" comment. I think the M has plenty of power for something that you will use 95% on public streets and some occasional track use. It looks better, sounds better, feels better, handles better, etc. than ANY 335. M3's are not stoplight racers. That wouldn't concern me in the least though, as I absolutely have no desire whatsoever to race stop light to stop light. If you feel that it just isn't enough power, you can always get the ESS VT2 625 for the M and walk nearly anything out there within reason.

When the time comes for me to change cars (and I do it pretty often) I will go with either the M or the GT-R. They are both major league winners in my opinion and would be great choices for you.

Last thing and it's very unfortunate....it appears that you are quite concerned about the badge on the hood with your "just a Nissan" and "just a Chevrolet" comments. I will tell you right now that a C6 Vette and a Nissan GTR is a considerably better car and ones that will shit all day long on ANY 335. Trust me, I know first hand. I am not saying the 335 is not a great car..it is..it just isn't in the same league as the ones you are looking at...regardless of what modification you put on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
Straight Dave
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3

Bro honestly before i got my '11 m3 I had an 09 335i and when i posted your exact question got about the same response your getting lol. I had the JB3, exhaust, x pipe, and all cosmetic mods you could think of on the 335i but it is no m3. Just the way the car handles in istelf is amazing and all this talk about it does not have enough torque, it will still go as fast as the JB3 off the line and then all of a sudden you'll remember your in an m3. I wouldnt think twice about it, the m3 is the superior vehicle and to me the 335i can only be second place no matter how many mods you do to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #30
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
M3 is a piece of shit, don't get it

I agree.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0