BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #1
silman
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

What specs ordered and first confirmed delivery dates!!!

Inquisitive to know what options and colours have been ordered on orders placed on the new M3?

I ordered mine over 2 years ago and options a few weeks back.

What have people ordered and has anydody had a confirmed delivery date yet?

I presume different countries have different launch dates?

Look forward to hearing from you all.

Will be great to hear from whoever gets their hands on theirs first.

Enjoy them when they finally arrive.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
doc1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport

Hi Silman
I too ordered mine a long time ago. Jan 2005 to be exact. I thought I had gone about it the right way and rang about 10 dealers who all had about 6-9 cars on order at that stage!. I found I would be number 3 at Kings Lynn and was informed this would mean 1-2 months after launch at worst. I've just been called to say their allocation for this calender year is 2 so its now looking Jan-Feb. I might as well wait for an 08 reg now. I forgot about different allocations and I'm annoyed that somebody at number 10 in a large dealers list will get their car sooner, but thats life!

I haven't specced up yet - I change my mind daily. I've narrowed down to :
Black with fox red leather - the mean choice (esp with the daytime running lights )but don't like the idea of losing some of the details such as CF roof and definition of front mesh/air intakes.
Silver with black leather - the sensible choice and will highlight the above features well. Just the pale blue tinge might make it a bit girly
Blue with black.

Either way, guessing Stability (?EDC) a must, bluetooth phone prep, 19 alloys.
Anything else probably wont add to resale.
Its probably for the best as I can now sit back and see what all of the demos and photos look in the flesh and decide more easily
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
silman
United Kingdom
Rep

Good to hear from you Doc1

Quite annoying about being pushed back a couple of months.

I was aparantly second in the queue 2 years ago at quite a big dealership so I am hoping that delivery is close to the start of production.

I went for Jerez Black with Fox Red but do like the IG Blue.

I also added 19" alloys, EDC, Bluetooth and a few other bits. Dont know if I should have ordered the upgrade sound system now as lots of the E46 had them. Dont want to lose at resale.

Anyway, enjoy it when it arrives.

All the best
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
TheRealDC
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ordered in 2004 -its been a long wait!!

Gentlemen

I believe that I've been in the queue longer than either of you. I placed my order in June 2004 with Calterdon in Inverness (my local dealer at the time). I confirmed my spec a couple of weeks back (Interlagos blue, beige leather, 19's, EDC, FPDC, GPS Tracker). Reason I ordered so early was that I got caught out with the E46 2 year waiting list and wanted to be 1st in the queue for the E92. It worked!!

I'm currently due to take delivery 1st week in October, but my dealer has advised that I will, in all probability, receive the car mid-September.

Only grumble I have is that I was offered only £12.5k for my 87k miles 03 plate E46 as a partex. Pretty miserable offer in my view considering I'm spending the best part of £55k on the new car.

Cheers .. DC
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDC View Post
Gentlemen

I believe that I've been in the queue longer than either of you. I placed my order in June 2004 with Calterdon in Inverness (my local dealer at the time). I confirmed my spec a couple of weeks back (Interlagos blue, beige leather, 19's, EDC, FPDC, GPS Tracker). Reason I ordered so early was that I got caught out with the E46 2 year waiting list and wanted to be 1st in the queue for the E92. It worked!!

Cheers .. DC
Please take pictures of that color combo. That is my front runner.
      07-31-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
silman
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDC View Post
Gentlemen

I'm currently due to take delivery 1st week in October, but my dealer has advised that I will, in all probability, receive the car mid-September.

Only grumble I have is that I was offered only £12.5k for my 87k miles 03 plate E46 as a partex. Pretty miserable offer in my view considering I'm spending the best part of £55k on the new car.

Cheers .. DC
June 2004 was forward planning DC. When do you think BMW will actually give some confirmed delivery dates?

Also, what is the spec of your E46? I might be prepared to offer you a little more? (although Inverness is quite a trek from the midlands)

Regards

Silman
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

I did not order mine until April this year, but I have a confirmed production date of week 37. Last week it was week 44 so go figgure - not that I'm complaining... Just hoping that it does not change again...

This gives me one problem, I'm going to test drive the car in week 38 so I had planned to decide on colour after the test drive; hoping that I might se some of them IRL. Now I have to decide asap and BMW have not even managed to ship out colour and interior samples yet. I think that is just retarded.

Originally I was planning to go with Azurite Black or Onyx Blue, but BMW have not confirmed availability on Individual colours in the September production - I am still waiting on feedback there.
- I will go for Black or Jerez Black if the Individual colours are not available. Again: Waiting on colour samples...

Interior:
Black extended leather + Anthracite Sycamore Grain. (need to see sample before I decide). Grey interior is also an option, especially if I go with the black exterior.

Options:
Nav, MDrive, Sunroof, PDC, EDC, 19" (+18" with winter tires), BMW Individual High-End audio system, Comfort Access.
- I went with all options excluding the tinted rear windows. I think it looks strange when the small rear side window is dark but not the front side window.

The wait is killing me!
I think my friends are getting tired of this subject now... Which colour to get?
      07-31-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
silman
United Kingdom
Rep

I still have not been shown any samples, had to order blind. I even spoke to BMW toaday and they still dont have a sample. I think that is quite poor.
I am still being told that mine will be here approx 15 September. That must be one of the first. After over 2 years I am quite excited now it is so close.

Any other orders or confirmed dates out there?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Because you Brits got the "CSL" and we Yanks didn't BMW AG has decided to launch the new M3.........

here in the U.S. first!!!!!!!

Anyways, I can dream can't I?..........
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #10
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB Nevada View Post
dude beige leather sounds really boring IMO especially for a sports coupe, do you wear furry slippers too and smoke a pipe? he he
What's wrong with furry slippers? They got the BMW logo on them!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:13 PM   #11
AKF
Rep
Drives: White M3 E92

I have a delivery between 1st & 2nd wek of Oct, I ordered the car since about 2 yrs ago. Situation I have now is - I've also got a delivery for an
R8!!!!! 2-3 wks after. I can't keep both so I will have to sacrifice one!!! For those who are about 2 ask why I ordered them both in the 1st place, the answer is because I intended to have both expecting my gf to pass her driving test. She drives one I drive BOTH!!! But she's ben so busy @ work she still ain't even had any driving lessons!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
silman
United Kingdom
Rep

nice car for a gf who has just passed her test!!!

Insurance must be cheap !!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
savage.ulm
Rep
n/a
Drives:

This gives me one problem, I'm going to test drive the car in week 38 so I had planned to decide on colour after the test drive; hoping that I might se some of them IRL. Now I have to decide asap and BMW have not even managed to ship out colour and interior samples yet. I think that is just retarded.

Originally I was planning to go with Azurite Black or Onyx Blue, but BMW have not confirmed availability on Individual colours in the September production - I am still waiting on feedback there.
- I will go for Black or Jerez Black if the Individual colours are not available. Again: Waiting on colour samples...

Hi, I confirm we have the same problem in Italy. Mine delivery is confirmed for October if I decide (without big samples of the colour, but only with a simple flyier) in the next week the colour. In any case it will be black ..For sure...
8 ssEptember will be launched on the showrooms.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
silman
United Kingdom
Rep

8th September will be a big day.

I might take the day off!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silman View Post
nice car for a gf who has just passed her test!!!

Insurance must be cheap !!!
I have the same problem (except the R8 part!!!)... please give a wide berth to any M3 in London that you see wearing 'L' plates (and I'm trying not even to think about the insurance)
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 06:10 PM   #16
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
dude beige leather sounds really boring IMO especially for a sports coupe, do you wear furry slippers too and smoke a pipe? he he
Oh sorry, forgot to run my selections by you to see if that is what I should get. Won't happen again.
      07-31-2007, 06:12 PM   #17
Boostedg35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTG35

im waiting to place my order next spring.. i want to see and hear reviews of all options and colors. plust option pricing.

i really would like to see a alpine white with fox red and carbon fiber trim with carbon fiber roof.

the EDC is a option im on the fence about. i would like to hear more reviews of this before choosing.

anyone else think the navigation should come standard on a 60k car!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Oh sorry, forgot to run my selections by you to see if that is what I should get. Won't happen again.
Blimey! After 80 years Ferrari still have not realised they are making their cars in the wrong colours...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
yeah but beige and blue!!!! he must be an accountant, i must insist u change the colour scheme epacy
Accoutant? Negative.

Did you not catch my post dripping with sarcasm? Why should I get something you like? Hush up on this now.
      07-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
If you want Interlagos on the outside and want M-exclusive leather you're stuck with Bamboo in the US, no? IB/Fox red = blech and probably not allowed by BMW.

It's a shame that fox red is the only standout leather, since black, grey and beige are in every BMW (and other models, frankly). I still love when the drive-thru checkout girls ask me if the Cinnamon leather is stock...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #21
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Maybe we should start a "Change your interior colour, epacy"-petition.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2007, 02:48 AM   #22
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKF View Post
I have a delivery between 1st & 2nd wek of Oct, I ordered the car since about 2 yrs ago. Situation I have now is - I've also got a delivery for an
R8!!!!! 2-3 wks after. I can't keep both so I will have to sacrifice one!!! For those who are about 2 ask why I ordered them both in the 1st place, the answer is because I intended to have both expecting my gf to pass her driving test. She drives one I drive BOTH!!! But she's ben so busy @ work she still ain't even had any driving lessons!!
Driving lessons..? U mean performance school..?
Appreciate 0