BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #67
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Cool. So no rubbing at all even in street operation? That would be fantastic.
So far so good - I'll attach pics this weekend.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #68
nholmes
Track Whore
United_States
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
are you planning to run brake ducts for the street?
This totally sounds like baiting.

Maybe he is? Are you paying for his mods? Who cares what he does with his car?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 11:54 AM   #69
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyrd
Quote:
Yep - I may have to replace the hosing occasionally which is not expensive. It's too much of a PIA to remove/install the hosing before and after every event. I'm already changing pads, wheels, camber and toe.
Not you lol
      10-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #70
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

brake ducts for track/street car is understandable.
but for 100% street??? maybe is to avoid fading in traffic when there is constant braking.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 12:04 PM   #71
nholmes
Track Whore
United_States
Rep
Drives: women wild

Not trying to shit all over this dude's thread, so I'll quietly bow out.

OP good luck with your build, man.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 02:02 PM   #72
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
but for 100% street??? maybe is to avoid fading in traffic when there is constant braking.
I don't have trailers like you dudes and haven't figured out how to levitate the car yet. So I'm forced to travel on public roads to and from the track like a peasant.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #73
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
I don't have trailers like you dudes and haven't figured out how to levitate the car yet. So I'm forced to travel on public roads to and from the track like a peasant.
I'm also a peasant and drive on the street every now and then. I avoid brake ducts precisely because of that
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #74
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen View Post
I'm a peasant as well and drive to and from and even daily this thing on weekdays lol

My observation is that you've gone through iterations of some serious parts already but don't even track regularly.

Nothing wrong with modding just for modding but at a certain point it's a waste of money. You must be monarchy.
      10-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #75
redpriest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3/Porsche 992 GT3RS

Garage List
With a good BBK do you even need ducting? I only ask because I know Yost Autosport had a bunch of ducting on their e92 race car that they actually removed because the brakes weren't allowed to get up to the temp for optimum bite.
instagram.com/titomanlio
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 05:35 PM   #76
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
With a good BBK do you even need ducting? I only ask because I know Yost Autosport had a bunch of ducting on their e92 race car that they actually removed because the brakes weren't allowed to get up to the temp for optimum bite.
i talked to jordan about brakes before i bought my bbk. i think the main problem (if you want to call it that) with ducting was it got the brakes too cold during caution laps, and the car couldn't be pushed right after the caution lifted (until the brakes got back up to temperature).

this conversation was a while ago, so i'm not 100% sure if that was the correct context.

that being said, i just picked up a gt4 splitter and i'm going to expiriment with ducting. my brakes are great, but if it helps with pad life, ducting might be a good addition.
      10-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #77
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm a peasant as well and drive to and from and even daily this thing on weekdays lol

My observation is that you've gone through iterations of some serious parts already but don't even track regularly.

Nothing wrong with modding just for modding but at a certain point it's a waste of money. You must be monarchy.
The hell? You stalking me, bro? Who the F are you to judge me? You have no idea how often I do or don't track. Nor are you in any position to judge my finances. Get the hell off my nuts.

Haven't you already been banned a few times using other screen-names? I can't imagine why.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #78
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The hell? You stalking me, bro? Who the F are you to judge me? You have no idea how often I do or don't track. Nor are you in any position to judge my finances. Get the hell off my nuts.

Haven't you already been banned a few times using other screen-names? I can't imagine why.
I never said anything about finances, didn't you call yourself a peasant first? Its not called stalking - it's called remembering posts. Parts for sale for track parts, parts for resale bc not track friendly, parts wanted for track.

How would I know how often you track? Because all of us on here damn near know each other but nobody knows you.

Or maybe one day we'll run into each other at the track and I'll also remember this post. No need to get mad. I was just asking a question and you got all defensive and like I said, nothing wrong with being a hard parker.
      10-22-2016, 03:02 PM   #79
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I never said anything about finances, didn't you call yourself a peasant first? Its not called stalking - it's called remembering posts. Parts for sale for track parts, parts for resale bc not track friendly, parts wanted for track.

How would I know how often you track? Because all of us on here damn near know each other but nobody knows you.

Or maybe one day we'll run into each other at the track and I'll also remember this post. No need to get mad. I was just asking a question and you got all defensive and like I said, nothing wrong with being a hard parker.
So you're not stalking me but you somehow remember all my posts and what I've bought and sold? The F is to you what I buy and sell or why? Who the hell are you? The track police? Get over yourself. You sound like a very immature, petty fool.

I'll be at Chuckwalla with StarSpec/CVT the weekend of 11/12 (my second track day in as many months since you're keeping tabs). There's still some spots left. You can't miss me; I'll be in the group with a red GT-R and a pair of ACRs. If you show, come up and introduce yourself. But do us both a favor and leave your keyboard at home.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #80
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So you're not stalking me but you somehow remember all my posts and what I've bought and sold? The F is to you what I buy and sell or why? Who the hell are you? The track police? Get over yourself. You sound like a very immature, petty fool.

I'll be at Chuckwalla with StarSpec/CVT the weekend of 11/12 (my second track day in as many months since you're keeping tabs). There's still some spots left. You can't miss me; I'll be in the group with a red GT-R and a pair of ACRs. If you show, come up and introduce yourself. But do us both a favor and leave your keyboard at home.
It's hard to not remember when the parts you have sold are very memorable and if you have a good memory. I'm sure you remember things on here too so I'm still confused by your logic. Like I said, serious parts. As an example, Brembo GTR that was originally bought for track usage but was then worth too much to track so downgraded. You are, in fact, famous in my group of friends.

Keyboard warrior? You're the one cursing me out and getting angry while I'm laughing my ass off. Lol.
      10-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #81
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

I'll try to be there - look for the group with big balls and 10 hookers.

Can you tell I'm just bored yet?
      10-22-2016, 03:54 PM   #82
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:

Sweet let's see this settled at the track, how did you get into group with acr on second day? Must be a pain to have your arm out the window all session. Careful with ebrake in Starbucks parking lot.
Appreciate 1
nholmes542.00
      10-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #83
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

what did I miss?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #84
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Can you idiots shut up and get this back on point for dbyrd's brake duct reviews.

Can the mods please delete the recent posts that just fill up a good thread with garbage.

For those that think their brakes cannot heat up fast enough, can I please get a show of hands of drivers here with a competition license from a major sanctioning body AND actually race an E9x M3. I can come in with smoke pouring off both front rotors and want all the cooling I can get. A full course yellow in a DE almost always switches to black and an ended session.

For those that need to keep the hose on for some street driving, the Turner Motorsports steering rack stops help. I have them, but the downside is that you will make a lot of 3 point turns (or worse) into tight turns. They are cheap and easy to install.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #85
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I saw Dan this weekend.
Brake ducts were intact. He was smart and routed them at a 90 degree angle to the wheel. No rub at full lock. He did kinda cheat an use 2.5" hoses but I forgive him.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 07:26 PM   #86
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I saw Dan this weekend.
Brake ducts were intact. He was smart and routed them at a 90 degree angle to the wheel. No rub at full lock. He did kinda cheat an use 2.5" hoses but I forgive him.
Any pics?
      10-23-2016, 09:51 PM   #87
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I saw Dan this weekend.
Any pics?
Here are a few pics. I still haven't pulled off the track pads but I only ran Saturday and one session today as I corded my NT-01s. I'll report back, but I think this is going to really help.
Attached Images

MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 2
roastbeef11583.00
ayao635.50
      10-24-2016, 08:03 AM   #88
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
i talked to jordan about brakes before i bought my bbk. i think the main problem (if you want to call it that) with ducting was it got the brakes too cold during caution laps, and the car couldn't be pushed right after the caution lifted (until the brakes got back up to temperature).

this conversation was a while ago, so i'm not 100% sure if that was the correct context.

that being said, i just picked up a gt4 splitter and i'm going to expiriment with ducting. my brakes are great, but if it helps with pad life, ducting might be a good addition.
Easily solved during caution/pace laps by dragging the brakes with the throttle on intermittently during the caution/pace lap and for the 10-15 seconds before the green flag drops; this conveniently gets your right foot to the floor faster on starts/restarts as well

Too much brake cooling is a thing, but not with any iron-rotor equipped vehicle I've been around unless in presence of user error