BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

11-24-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
theBeardd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 ZCP E92 M3

Passenger oem front camber adjustment with pins removed

Car is a 2011 E92 M3 ZCP (with EDC). Sorry if this has been covered, but I searched a bit before hand and couldn't find an answer to specifically what I am dealing with.

Just followed richbot's guide on removing the oem alignment pins and pushing the sturts inward as far as I could, and I just noticed that the 3 strut tower bolts aren't quite in the same spot. No matter how much more I pry on the top hat washer, it will not go in any more.

For comparison sake, the driver side has all 3 bolts touching the inward most side of their respective holes.

On the passenger side, the front-most bolt isn't quite as far as it could go, while the rear bolts are maxed out in their respective holes. See pictures.

I'm just going to assume that it's maxed and there's nothing more I can do, but just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. Is it just tolerances being off, or is this common with this car? I can't really drill the hole out wider as it would not be allowed for SCCA F Street rules. Just trying to make sure I have everything ironed out on my end before I take it in for an alignment next week.

Here you can see the front-most bolt isn't quite making contact with the end of the hole

While the rear bolts are maxed and are making contact

Last edited by theBeardd; 11-24-2020 at 10:35 PM..
Appreciate 0