BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

06-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #23
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Traveler View Post
Who makes valved titanium exhausts?
There's plenty, just not frequently purchased because they are usually so damn expensive... You can check my Instagram to see the one I have on my car.

You can pm me if you want more info, don't want to derail from this thread's original post.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 01:11 AM   #24
e9x_chucky
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

In! Thanks for adding me to the list GORDON!
Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      06-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #25
irokwrx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ESS G1 BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Feel free to add your name here:

1.) GORDON.M3
2.) warddrew
3.) OverDrive
4.) e9x_chucky
5.) irokwrx
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

***[04/06/2021 Update:]***

The Test-fitting sample from the machine shop has arrived!
Finish and quality are second-to-none. OE Akrapovic style Titanium with micro polish surface treatment, and SS304 Machined Rings.

Really impressed with the outcome! Akrapovic owners rejoyce!

In the photos, RKP adapters on the left and the machine shop's sample on the right.

Concealed Weapon: 11 BMW e92 M3 DCT ESS G1
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #26
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokwrx View Post
Added you to the list!

Halfway there guys! The adapters should be finished by end of next week. Got word from the machine shop they are coming along nicely.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 06:58 PM   #27
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

***[UPDATE: 28/06/2021]***

Received 5 sets from the machine shop today! Test fitted them with my Akra x-pipe, and the fitment is perfect. The Stainless steel donut ring is just right. Just enough clearance and is not loose! Meaning they can be easily removed in the future when you decide on selling the Akra x-pipe without the adapters. They also mentioned that the importantness of this design is the donut ring adapter, as that is what creates the seal and mates the two connecting pipes together. The pipe itself is to join the connecting pipes so that the donut ring can be centered to create a good seal.

I am very pleased with the quality and fitment. The fitment of them is even better than the sample that was sent earlier this month, and even better than the original RKP ones.

Attached are some photos of the adapters fitted on my Supersprint connecting pipes. Seamless and the exact dimensions to fit any OEM style rear-mounted exhaust.

For those interested please PM me, these are a limited run from the machine shop.

Last edited by GORDON.M3; 06-28-2021 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Added photos.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #28
irokwrx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ESS G1 BC

I got mine last week (Thanks OP), Installed them without a problem. I added the Borla Atak rear section and wow the car really woke up. I am convinced the mufflers on the AKRA keeps the evo system quiet. I ended up cutting the tips off the Borla and adding my akra tips
Concealed Weapon: 11 BMW e92 M3 DCT ESS G1
Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      07-11-2021, 03:17 PM   #29
Razmig
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 M3

Looks great.
Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      07-14-2021, 11:48 PM   #30
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokwrx View Post
I got mine last week (Thanks OP), Installed them without a problem. I added the Borla Atak rear section and wow the car really woke up. I am convinced the mufflers on the AKRA keeps the evo system quiet. I ended up cutting the tips off the Borla and adding my akra tips
Nice! Can't go wrong with the Borla. The Atak has a sweet tone!

Oh yeah, the Akra rear section is really restrictive in the flow and sound department.

For higher horsepower cars like a supercharger/stroker, I don't recommend the Akrapovic rear exhaust. My friend had it on his supercharged E92 and the inner baffle walls collapsed and started to make this really irritating rattling noise from the inside of the muffler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmig View Post
Looks great.
Thanks! It was a bit of a headache but the end result is perfect. The machine shop did a great job. I will be mating my set to my Supersprint exhaust shortly this month.
No need for random clamps, or hack-job slip ons from Amazon! Greatest part of the RKP style adapters is that they work even with the GT4 X-pipe!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 05:45 PM   #31
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

This is my dream setup with MPE. Full titanium/inconel. Would love to hear this setup. Hopefully some higher pitch exotic tones.
      07-18-2021, 10:05 PM   #32
Pet Rock
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

^^^ also interested in hearing akra x pipe w/MPE
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 01:48 AM   #33
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
This is my dream setup with MPE. Full titanium/inconel. Would love to hear this setup. Hopefully some higher pitch exotic tones.
I'd love to hear this setup too. I had the MPE with AA test pipes before and the rear section definitely gained some "raspiness" to it. The MPE is a very unique muffler design and doesn't seem to pair well with many x-pipes, nonetheless, I am still very curious as to how it would sound with a titanium x-pipe like the Akra.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #34
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

I got the adapters from Gordon a month ago but finally got around to getting the xpipe installed.
The fit and finish of the adapters are amazing and they feel and look very high quality.

Thanks Gordon for pulling through and making this happen! I'm thoroughly enjoying my Akra xpipe with OEM modded-muffler 😁
Attached Images

08-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #35
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
I got the adapters from Gordon a month ago but finally got around to getting the xpipe installed.
The fit and finish of the adapters are amazing and they feel and look very high quality.

Thanks Gordon for pulling through and making this happen! I'm thoroughly enjoying my Akra xpipe with OEM modded-muffler 😁
Please share a sound clip!
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #36
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Where are you Guys finding the xpipes?

I'm looking to possibly purchase one, to go with my GTC exhaust (and therefore need adapters)?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:38 PM   #37
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Where are you Guys finding the xpipes?

I'm looking to possibly purchase one, to go with my GTC exhaust (and therefore need adapters)?
They come upon the classifieds once in a while, you gotta be quick as they tend to go quick! I sold my other x-pipe within a week of listing.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:51 PM   #38
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They come upon the classifieds once in a while, you gotta be quick as they tend to go quick! I sold my other x-pipe within a week of listing.
Ugh... I need to find someone that has one, so I can hear it in person. I'm planning on getting the Eventuri plenum, so I want to hear how loud it is. I'll be pairing with a Meisterschaft GTC.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #39
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Ugh... I need to find someone that has one, so I can hear it in person. I'm planning on getting the Eventuri plenum, so I want to hear how loud it is. I'll be pairing with a Meisterschaft GTC.
Well at least you will have the flexibility of having the valves being open and closed, once closed you will hear the plenum for sure. Open not so much. I'm running a valved exhaust setup also right now and the Eventuri plenum is pretty quiet once you have your valves full opened.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 04:47 PM   #40
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well at least you will have the flexibility of having the valves being open and closed, once closed you will hear the plenum for sure. Open not so much. I'm running a valved exhaust setup also right now and the Eventuri plenum is pretty quiet once you have your valves full opened.
Ugh I wish I could hear yours in person. Alas, I'm in CT where there aren't many cf setups. :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #41
571 M3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F31 330ix

Perks of being local to Gordon I was able to pick up a set of these despite not going in on the GB. The built quality is truly remarkable for what it is, and it easily outweighs the other option that I was considering. Now I am just waiting for my xpipe to arrive so I can stop fidgeting with it. Huge thanks to Gordon, vouch all day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50
      09-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #42
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 571 M3 View Post
Perks of being local to Gordon I was able to pick up a set of these despite not going in on the GB. The built quality is truly remarkable for what it is, and it easily outweighs the other option that I was considering. Now I am just waiting for my xpipe to arrive so I can stop fidgeting with it. Huge thanks to Gordon, vouch all day.
Can't wait to hear your setup in person!!! The Akra X-Pipe will sound amazing with your exhaust that is arriving soon! I won't spoil the surprise but it's one of the OG Top 3 exhausts EVER MADE for this platform.
Appreciate 1
571 M37.50
      10-04-2021, 01:54 AM   #43
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Here's a video a friend/member here on M3post sent me. MPE + Akra Evo X-pipe. GoPro doesn't pick up that well but you can tell it's super throaty and still has that very signature "hollowing" sound. He has a mild burble tune on the car so you'll hear a little bit of the "Snap, Crackle and Pop" .

He did also mention that the power band after 3500RPM feels much better and stronger with the MPE than the Akrapovic rear cans.

Adapters mate the Akra X-pipe perfectly to the OEM MPE Exhaust.

Last edited by GORDON.M3; 10-04-2021 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
astris615.00
      10-18-2021, 12:39 AM   #44
aamirp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 m3

got the adapters from Gordon about a month and have been running the new setup now for 2 weeks now. the adapters are incredibly high quality and fit perfectly.

running the x pipe with a valvetronic v2 muffler and it sounds great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31422.50