BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

EXXEL Distributions

09-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
HotSoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i XDrive, 2006 Z4

Rear seat restraint flap is broken

On my 2011 M3 coupe I inadvertently pulled the little black flap the wrong way (the flap that covers the rear seat child restraint system near the bottom of the seats). It cracked/bent the plastic pins that hold it in place. Although tone of four flaps is now missing, it isn't really noticeable, but as the car is still pretty new I'd like to keep it looking that way. Is getting a little plastic part like this hard to do? I live quite a ways from a dealer. There are a few numbers printing on the back of the flap, but I don't know if any of them is a part number. Even if I had the part, I'm not sure how hard it would be to install given that the plastic pins wouldn't slide in very easily. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #2
Ctm309
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 AW Carbon roof DCT '11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSoss View Post
On my 2011 M3 coupe I inadvertently pulled the little black flap the wrong way (the flap that covers the rear seat child restraint system near the bottom of the seats). It cracked/bent the plastic pins that hold it in place. Although tone of four flaps is now missing, it isn't really noticeable, but as the car is still pretty new I'd like to keep it looking that way. Is getting a little plastic part like this hard to do? I live quite a ways from a dealer. There are a few numbers printing on the back of the flap, but I don't know if any of them is a part number. Even if I had the part, I'm not sure how hard it would be to install given that the plastic pins wouldn't slide in very easily. Any thoughts?
Did the same thing, got the whole flap and outer ring (all one piece)
from Tischer BMW-cheap pops right in. Part number 52206970744 $12.00 - in black. Order at: getHelp@getBMWparts.com Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
HotSoss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i XDrive, 2006 Z4

Wow. I didn't expect a reply so quickly, and such a helpful one at that. Just what I was looking for. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #4
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Why spend money? That happened to mine... was covered for free by waranty.
      09-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

My car had all missing. Didn't know there were caps until I saw another M3. Asked dealer and said to complain to selling dealer (different one). Bought them from Tischer and replaced them, along with the missing tools and missing flash light. Don't know what the hell happened to those caps; no evidence of them ever being installed. Weird.
Appreciate 0