BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

02-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #23
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

it was 2100 for kw v3 and 2500 for kw cs. 200~300 for edc extra. that was the price i know back to 09/2011
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #24
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post
The new pricing structure for KW went into effect as of 02/01/12.
yea but a 600 price hike? i know it went up but damn its a pretty steep hike dont you think...

sorry bro not doubting you but just curious.. you know...

BTW... can you pm me a price on the Avant Garde ZCP wheels. 19x10 all around low offset not sure if there is any other offset but you know whats up...
      02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

MRF engineering? the dude that can't even install stoptech trophys??? LOL
      02-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #26
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota Tundra

First off I would like to apologize to Sasan for mis quoting him.

Sasan, failed to mention he got pricing from another vendor for $2400. I did my calculation and told him I was able to do it for $2500 installed. The install fees were added to the total price.

Fast forward to the day Sasan called to place the order. We took the order in. I called my distributor to place the order for them. It turned out to be a higher price as he mention. As soon as I found out about the pricing, I called and told him the bad news. He didn't take it very well as I understood. That was when I offer him the kit at my cost plus install pricing at a discount of $200. He freaked out about the $200 install fee and threaten to flame me on the forum if I did not to agree to do the install for free. Not only that, he wanted free multiple adjustment after the install. When he threaten to flame me on the forum, I was done dealing with him.

I felt I made a bad situation right. I guess I cannot please this guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
I have done some work on my car through LTBMW and my experiences have been good. I also have went to EAS a couple of times. Sounds like a rare situation coming from Long. I would just talk to him about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post

Sasan, failed to mention he got pricing from another vendor for $2400. I did my calculation and told him I was able to do it for $2500 installed. The install fees were added to the total price.

Fast forward to the day Sasan called to place the order. We took the order in. I called my distributor to place the order for them. It turned out to be a higher price as he mention. As soon as I found out about the pricing, I called and told him the bad news. He didn't take it very well as I understood. That was when I offer him the kit at my cost plus install pricing at a discount of $200. He freaked out about the $200 install fee and threaten to flame me on the forum if I did not to agree to do the install for free. Not only that, he wanted free multiple adjustment after the install. When he threaten to flame me on the forum, I was done dealing with him.

Doesn't matter what price he got from another vendor. You agreed to the deal. Anything else is just extra BS.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #29
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
MRF engineering? the dude that can't even install stoptech trophys??? LOL
Leave your trash talking at the door, especially to items that you just read on a forum and do not know anything about. MRF is solid and I would trust them to do any install.

OP, interesting read. It's a bummer that you had that experience with Long. I have had nothing but positive experiences with LTBMW, with a few installs that Long has done. I do agree with THE TECH, the install should have been performed at the price quoted or a reasonable compromise on both sides made, especially if the quote was given last Friday. It sounds like to me that Long was not aware of the price increase when he had given the orginal quote over the phone, and found out only after he attempted to purchase the coilovers from the distributor.

As a business owner myself, you always want to do what is right for your customers, but it seems that Long was stuck in a hard place between honoring his original quote and taking a loss, and while no business wants to take a loss, I am surprised that a compromise was not met between these two. If the OP is describing the conversation as it really took place (and none of us truly know if that is a fact or not), and Long actually said that he was going to charge him on the install, after telling him that he was not going to charge him originally, that sounds fishy to me. In any case, this is just a situation where both parties end at a loss.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #30
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw

long,

I think what I've said already speaks for itself, especially in light of the fact that you admitted that everything I said was true. But I'm not going to engage you in a verbal battle here online as I think you know all too well, that only ends up being bad news for the vendor. needless to say, I don't appreciate your misrepresentations in your post about my "threats of flaming." I don't think attacking this problem by throwing more lies at it is going to solve the problem.

if you insist on engaging me in a disagreement here online, please feel free to continue.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]

Last edited by esquire; 02-23-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
xiliy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ride BMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
long,

I think what I've said already speaks for itself. I'm not going to engage you in a verbal battle here online as I think you know all too well, that only ends up being bad news for the vendor. needless to say, I don't appreciate your misrepresentations in your post about my "threats of flaming." I don't think attacking this problem by throwing more lies at it is going to solve the problem.

if you insist on engaging me in a disagreement here online, please feel free to continue.
What else is there to solve? You stated your point of view on a public forum, vendor stated his side of the story, done deal. I am sure there is plenty of other vendors that will be able to help you in SoCal. Plus you suffered no damages. I dont want to read threads about $ amount. Small businesses make mistakes and also have a right to change their mind about pricing and services they offer, this is not a Walmart or Costco where they can afford to take a hit on pricing. When I get a mod for my car i assume that follow up visits may be needed and if I squeeze every dime out of the vendor, they will not be so inclined to help, its just a human nature. Many dont realize that MODDING and being CHEAP does not go well together(I am not trying to say that you are cheap). At the end of the day LTBMW will go on as before thanks to many happy customers and you will have this negative post here forever.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #32
CominAtYaBich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiliy View Post
What else is there to solve? You stated your point of view on a public forum, vendor stated his side of the story, done deal. I am sure there is plenty of other vendors that will be able to help you in SoCal. Plus you suffered no damages. I dont want to read threads about $ amount. Small businesses make mistakes and also have a right to change their mind about pricing and services they offer, this is not a Walmart or Costco where they can afford to take a hit on pricing. When I get a mod for my car i assume that follow up visits may be needed and if I squeeze every dime out of the vendor, they will not be so inclined to help, its just a human nature. Many dont realize that MODDING and being CHEAP does not go well together(I am not trying to say that you are cheap). At the end of the day LTBMW will go on as before thanks to many happy customers and you will have this negative post here forever.
Not me. After reading this post, I can say with certainty that I will definitely not be doing business with LTBMW. Sadly, I was considering going to them myself. But I see some very disconcerting things in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
long,

I think what I've said already speaks for itself, especially in light of the fact that you admitted that everything I said was true. But I'm not going to engage you in a verbal battle here online as I think you know all too well, that only ends up being bad news for the vendor. needless to say, I don't appreciate your misrepresentations in your post about my "threats of flaming." I don't think attacking this problem by throwing more lies at it is going to solve the problem.

There's no arguing here. Honestly I told myself not to come in and reply anymore. But I feel horrible the fact that you are dissatisfied with my attempt to correct it. I seriously have offer you a killer deal. You can call it BS but my guys need to get paid. That's all I am asking. If you or anyone of think $200 for install and free multiple adjustment is unreasonable, than I must be a jerk.

Honestly Sasan, the offer is there. I made HUGE mistake, but I am fixing it where I don't lose too much and make you a happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CominAtYaBich View Post
Not me. After reading this post, I can say with certainty that I will definitely not be doing business with LTBMW. Sadly, I was considering going to them myself. But I see some very disconcerting things in this thread.
Why do you feel disconcert with us? Did we install something wrong and ruin a car? Did we mess up a car and not take fault? Did a wheel fall off on the freeway? No, I misquoted a price. You'll be surprise at the work we do and the pricing we offer.

For everyone to think LTBMW is not a shop to go to get work done, that is a shame. We have great prices, great workers and the environment here is more than just a customer to business. It is one enthusiast to another.

I thank the guys for the support. Without you guys, there is no LTBMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #34
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran@ltbmw View Post
There's no arguing here. Honestly I told myself not to come in and reply anymore. But I feel horrible the fact that you are dissatisfied with my attempt to correct it. I seriously have offer you a killer deal. You can call it BS but my guys need to get paid. That's all I am asking. If you or anyone of think $200 for install and free multiple adjustment is unreasonable, than I must be a jerk.

Honestly Sasan, the offer is there. I made HUGE mistake, but I am fixing it where I don't lose too much and make you a happy camper.

Long, you admit you quoted me 2500 with free installation. Setting aside the fact that there is NO WAY KW increased the price of their clubsport kit $650 the question is : where did the free installation go?

I reached out to a few shops that deal in KW and they told me that KW's price change was effective in January. At the time I asked you for a quote on February17th, you had all that info at your disposal.

You weren't doing me any favors by offering me installation at 200 (instead of 250) when my installation was supposed to be free, and when all that was on top of a very unbelievable (literally) $650 price hike supported by a bogus explanation?

How can you not see why I, or anyone in my position would be upset?

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #35
longtran@ltbmw
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Long, you admit you quoted me 2500 with free installation. Setting aside the fact that there is NO WAY KW increased the price of their clubsport kit $650 the question is : where did the free installation go?

I reached out to a few shops that deal in KW and they told me that KW's price change was effective in January. At the time I asked you for a quote on February17th, you had all that info at your disposal.

You weren't doing me any favors by offering me installation at 200 (instead of 250) when my installation was supposed to be free, and when all that was on top of a very unbelievable (literally) $650 price hike supported by a bogus explanation?

- esquire
Sasan, I never said the installed was free. I said it was $2500 installed. The $250 was added in the price of the coilover. Would have felt better if I told you the price went up to 3368 instead? I broke the price out to you and you were already furious with the price increase. How was I suppose to go about it?

We can go back and forth on this and it will not go anywhere. It's basically your way or the highway. My price to you is $3368 installed with EDC with multiple adjustment. If you can find a better deal anywhere posted online that include install and multiple adjustment, please let me know.

I will hold this pricing for you for a week. Think about it and let me know. No hard feelings here. I just want to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Vendor is trying to make it right here I see. Something to consider.
      02-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #37
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
+1 This thread should be closed so everyone can get back on their way.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #38
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

I have had Long work on my old E90 and his work was top notch and the prices were great.

When he said $2500 installed the had the labor imbedded in that price I am sure as there is no way he would do it for free otherwise. As Long noted he has to pay his guys and his overhead.

So if the price really did go up 650 from the original installed price then that would not have included installation thus the reason he had to add it. $200 to install your suspension is not a bad deal.

I hope you all work something out as he is a great person to know!

Long will still be seeing my car for future work when I am ready to pull the trigger.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #39
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:

- esquire

Have you not made a mistake before where you had to correct yourself? It seems as though in this case that is what happened. Long quoted you an old price before the price hike. Even another vendor acknowledged the price hike and date. Why don't you contact KW directly and ask them why they increased their prices on their products and when it went into effect?

It would have been one thing if he charged your credit card with the new price after he quoted you the old price and said "oh sorry the prices went up". That would be shady. You would have the right to be pissed and to flame away. Also, if Long had quoted you the old price and you ended up driving all the way to the shop for the install only to receive the bad news that the prices have gone up, yes that would be a reason to be upset. I would be furious since I took the time out of the day to drive there.

But what did he do? He called you as soon as he realized the mistake he had made and let you know. He tried to make it right by selling them to you at his cost. The only thing he charged you for was installation. Do you expect him to make 0 dollars off of you b/c of a simple mistake that did not affect you in any way? Did you miss out on a deal on the Clubsports during that 5 day period when you thought you were going to get them for $2500? I'm going to guess no.

I understand that it sucks that you thought you were getting clubsports for $2500 installed. I don't think any vendor will be able to sell them to you at that price or even close to that price. But if you think about it, it was a simple mistake and by no means does it show you what kind of business LTBMW runs. With all the facts out there, I don't understand how anyone can agree with you other than the fact that LTBMW quoted you the wrong price. Maybe he hasn't sold a set of clubsports since the price hike which could explain why he quoted you $2500.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #40
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
+1.
      02-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #41
Darth335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
+1

Long is coming to the table and trying to make it right. Yes, the prices went up on the KWs, but Long amitted his fault and apologized. It takes a big man to admit that he made a mistake, and even a bigger man to apologize for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #42
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@DetailAddict View Post
Have you not made a mistake before where you had to correct yourself? It seems as though in this case that is what happened. Long quoted you an old price before the price hike. Even another vendor acknowledged the price hike and date. Why don't you contact KW directly and ask them why they increased their prices on their products and when it went into effect?

It would have been one thing if he charged your credit card with the new price after he quoted you the old price and said "oh sorry the prices went up". That would be shady. You would have the right to be pissed and to flame away. Also, if Long had quoted you the old price and you ended up driving all the way to the shop for the install only to receive the bad news that the prices have gone up, yes that would be a reason to be upset. I would be furious since I took the time out of the day to drive there.

But what did he do? He called you as soon as he realized the mistake he had made and let you know. He tried to make it right by selling them to you at his cost. The only thing he charged you for was installation. Do you expect him to make 0 dollars off of you b/c of a simple mistake that did not affect you in any way? Did you miss out on a deal on the Clubsports during that 5 day period when you thought you were going to get them for $2500? I'm going to guess no.

I understand that it sucks that you thought you were getting clubsports for $2500 installed. I don't think any vendor will be able to sell them to you at that price or even close to that price. But if you think about it, it was a simple mistake and by no means does it show you what kind of business LTBMW runs. With all the facts out there, I don't understand how anyone can agree with you other than the fact that LTBMW quoted you the wrong price. Maybe he hasn't sold a set of clubsports since the price hike which could explain why he quoted you $2500.
agreed.
Long is trying to make things right and did apologize for his mistakes as other vendors do not even attempt on doing.
      02-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #43
blackoutm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I have been dealing with LTBMW for a while and this all seems absurd. I'm not going to say they have the best deals because there's always someone else to undercut pricing on something. Long and the guys there do quality jobs and exceptional pricing. I took my car there for several things and there have never been any weird increases in original pricing.
cls500
c350
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 01:14 AM   #44
blackoutm3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Dang the more I read the more I realize how stupid this is, quit trying to tarnish a reputable business and go get them elsewhere, ill pray for that shop too.
cls500
c350
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread