BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

INDustry distribution

05-14-2022, 05:35 PM   #793
viperboy
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G30 540d, E93 M3

Hi all, just ordered the latest mr12volt box for an e93 I'm picking up. I want to add a backup camera, as the car doesn't have one. What backup camera is recommended? Anything I'd have to take into consideration because it's a convertible? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 07:28 PM   #794
finbarr.cnaipe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
Hi all, just ordered the latest mr12volt box for an e93 I'm picking up. I want to add a backup camera, as the car doesn't have one. What backup camera is recommended? Anything I'd have to take into consideration because it's a convertible? Thanks!
I also have a CCC (2008) E93, and added the Green-Yi ("Option D") trunk mount backup camera recommended in this thread. If you go back to pages 2-5 (can't remember exactly, but it is at the beginning of this thread), I believe you will find the Ali-Express Link someone posted.

This camera is working great, and was easy to install (as far as running the cabling is "easy" for any backup camera). I like it because it just needs the RCA camera connection and the Power from the Mr12Volt...no need to hook into a backup-light/tail-light for power. You just set Mr12Volt to use the gear position, and it will power the camera when you put the car in reverse. There is no need for a ground wire connection.

You will want to snip the lead for the guide lines generated by the camera, since Mr12volt provides the dynamic lines.

Also, recommend a straightened coat-hanger and some vasoline petroleum jelly to get the cable thru the cable conduit on the right side of the trunk. I'd check out the BimmerTech video on You-tube for a good E93 backup camera installation tutorial...

My only issue is that I need to adjust the camera (somehow) in it's mount, as currently it is showing my bumper taking up about 1/5th the screen at the bottom. I think the camera itself needs a little seating adjustment in its trunk-mount plastic housing. I'll get to it as time permits, but removing all the plastic pins on the E93 trunk lid is a pain, and you need to do that to get to the camera.

Hope this helps.

Finny

Last edited by finbarr.cnaipe; 05-14-2022 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 09:34 PM   #795
fdrxseven
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperboy View Post
Purchase a camera that is of AHD720, to my understanding, it does not support above that. And adjust "aftermarket cam" in the camera setting.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #796
Chaach009
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I just installed Mr12volt dsp in my 09 e92 335i. It works great and thought it was all good but ran into a little hiccup after the install. My A/C is acting weird. It feels like it is only controlling the blower. When I try to change the direction of the air to the floor the button lights up but nothing happens and air still comes out the top. Condenser isnít turning on either, even with the snowflake button lit. I checked the connections and they look fine so not sure what the issue could be. I know the unit doesnít involve the ac control so I must have screwed something up putting it back together. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #797
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaach009 View Post
I just installed Mr12volt dsp in my 09 e92 335i. It works great and thought it was all good but ran into a little hiccup after the install. My A/C is acting weird. It feels like it is only controlling the blower. When I try to change the direction of the air to the floor the button lights up but nothing happens and air still comes out the top. Condenser isnít turning on either, even with the snowflake button lit. I checked the connections and they look fine so not sure what the issue could be. I know the unit doesnít involve the ac control so I must have screwed something up putting it back together. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Check that all 3 harnesses are plugged in behind your climate control panel.

M3s have 3, not sure if yours will be different.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:39 PM   #798
Chaach009
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Check that all 3 harnesses are plugged in behind your climate control panel.

M3s have 3, not sure if yours will be different.
Thanks! It was just one of those connections I thought it was right but it wasnít.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:40 PM   #799
Chaach009
Registered
Rep

Does the telephone button on the steering wheel pick up/end calls? Mines doesnít seem to work. Siri and track scroll buttons do work.
Appreciate 0