BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

10-30-2008, 08:49 AM   #199
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTe92M3 View Post
and if you like the M3 better than check out this link
" my favorite youtube video "
Look at the comments for that. Pretty funny how everyone is crying sour grapes for the GT-R.
      10-31-2008, 07:11 PM   #200
AParsh335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC / M5

I have not gotten to drive the GTR and have driven 5 different M3s at work. There are some really small things that can make you lean one way or the other. The GTR will put a smile on your face every time you get in the car. You will fly through those on-ramps that make a complete circle. But as cool looking as the GTR is, I don't think it will earn you as many thumbs up from dudes driving along side you on the freeway or as many girls staring at you.

I would go with the GTR with absolutely no hesitation.
2016 Pure Metal M5
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2008, 09:31 PM   #201
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Once you've driven both a GTR and an M3 you'll laugh at the fact you were considering them against each other - they are such radically different cars. Drive them both and you'll know quickly enough which one is for you.

The GTR is "ON" all the time. All the time. Imagine if you took an M3, put Pilot Sport Cups, coilovers on full firm, took out some of your sound deadening, put the car in M Dynamic mode and Sport Plus throttle, set the DCT to S6, set the EDC at full firm, and then drove it around like that all the time. That's what it's like driving a GTR on its _softest_ settings. The "comfort" mode on the GTR is a lie. A wonderful lie, in that the GTR is super fucking fast. But there is no toning it down. It's in your face at all times, reminding you of what it is. The soft tires pick up every pebble they run over and fling them into the wheelwells where they loudly rattle - or they're shot out at the hapless cars that are behind you. Don't follow a GTR too closely unless you want rock chips.

If you're OK with driving a somewhat comfortable race car at all times, get the GTR. It's stupid fast, it will leave the M3 in the dust. But if you want civilized comfort or to be able to turn down the volume from "11" to say "5" - then get the M3.
Appreciate 0