BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Followed a Gray or Dark Silver ///M3 today on the 403

Brought home this evening my new M3 (AW/BLACK with M-DCT ~ yes I switched) anyway it was a great drive along the 403 and 401 Westbound.

Spotted a nice ///M3 in front of me just west of Hamilton followed him for quite a bit until the traffic jam clear up. Then he decided he had enough of me and took off like an arrow Naturally I could not follow him with less then 62 Miles (100 KM) on the odometer so I let him go. I think it was a dark gray exterior colour (photo below I snapped it with my iPhone when traffic came to a stop yes we too have rush hour here out east ) .... Ontario Plates ... was it one of you fellows ? Hmmmm Time was approximately 18;25 anyone going west on the 403?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 06-12-2012 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

seriously man you change m3's like its underwear or something
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #3
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
seriously man you change m3's like its underwear or something
Well there is a reason for this madness ---> I don't know if you saw this

Sometimes people make mistakes, I guess you never made one or?

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Well there is a reason for this madness ---> I don't know if you saw this

Sometimes people make mistakes, I guess you never made one or?
Was in no way meaning for my comment to be a negative one. Your cars are nice! Enjoy in good health!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #5
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Was in no way meaning for my comment to be a negative one. Your cars are nice! Enjoy in good health!
Oh I only meant to say that I made a mistake with my first 2011 M3 I purchased that with nearly 8,000 KM on the odometer, while it was a nice car it had no options at all a Basic car. So I then changed my mind and got a 2012, only if my wife at that time would have insisted that we make it a automatic that would have been that. So as of late we talked about it again and again then we agreed to get the automatic so I got a good deal and now all is well.

Take care, Rolf and have a Happy Holiday Weekend

PS. with all this I may have broken a record by purchasing or getting into three M3's in one year. I don't think too many people do this anymore

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Oh I only meant to say that I made a mistake with my first 2011 M3 I purchased that with nearly 8,000 KM on the odometer, while it was a nice car it had no options at all a Basic car. So I then changed my mind and got a 2012, only if my wife at that time would have insisted that we make it a automatic that would have been that. So as of late we talked about it again and again then we agreed to get the automatic so I got a good deal and now all is well.

Take care, Rolf and have a Happy Holiday Weekend

PS. with all this I may have broken a record by purchasing or getting into three M3's in one year. I don't think too many people do this anymore
Rolf.You did not buy an automaticYou bought a manual transmission that is electronically automated and can be operated in a fully automated mode
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Rolf.You did not buy an automaticYou bought a manual transmission that is electronically automated and can be operated in a fully automated mode
I know just too make sure my wife will be happy I do call it a Automatic

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
TTSam
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
I know just too make sure my wife will be happy I do call it a Automatic
Rolf

Great looking car.

Same as mine in all respects except for the transmission (mine is MT) and the Novillo in mine is extended (not that anyone could ever tell with a black interior).

I sometimes wish I went with DCT - but I still love rowing my own (and in my case thankfully my wife doesn't drive).

Did like your previous blue M3 as well, as there are not that many of them around.

I had no choice as some dickwad smashed my side mirror - but the OEM CF mirror covers do look great on an AW M3.

I just added Macht Schnell 12mm rear and 15mm front spacers with the stock 220's and it improves the stance, and feels good from a handling perspective.

Being an old guy like you - I don't believe in mods as the folks in Germany do a pretty good job from the factory, but I am happy with these two minor modifications.

I am thinking of getting back into track days in which case I will probably get some GTS wheels, and assign the 220's for the track.

I used to do track days quite a bit 20 years ago in my RX7 and 10 years ago in my 911, and look forward to getting out there again.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
You got one of those flappy paddle tranny's too don't you Duncan??? Is that a sign of getting old

By the way Rolf, Love the new car, How is the DCT???
      04-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Rolf.You did buy an automaticYou bought a automatic transmission that is electronically automated and can be operated in a manual mode
Fixed that for you

PS - the colour is Sparkling Graphite and I think I saw the same car yesterday at about the same spot on the hiway, but heading east bound
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Fixed that for you

PS - the colour is Sparkling Graphite and I think I saw the same car yesterday at about the same spot on the hiway, but heading east bound
I was waiting for you make a "automatic" comment. LOL
      04-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Fixed that for you
I suppose you still have a Rotary phone!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I suppose you still have a Rotary phone!
Whats a phone? Not sure what that has to do with you be confused about automation
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I was waiting for you make a "automatic" comment. LOL
No need for the quotes - it is what it is.....
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No need for the quotes - it is what it is.....
Regardless of what you call it its faster than a 3 pedal car
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Regardless of what you call it its faster than a 3 pedal car
I would hope with two clutches a DCT could shift faster than a person!

Its amazing how someone's opinion changes AFTER they get one.......

No doubt DCT, PDK et al are faster and the way of the future, at this point given the option I like the involvement of the third pedal and that driving experience. I can see how someone your age would opt for the auto though!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Its amazing how someone's opinion changes AFTER they get one.......

No doubt DCT, PDK et al are faster and the way of the future, at this point given the option I like the involvement of the third pedal and that driving experience. I can see how someone your age would opt for the auto though!
It all started after having transmission issues on my 08 and my wife getting her 335is with the DCT that changed my views and 95% of the time I am glad that I did make the change.On the track there is no question that the M-DCT is the better way to go as the ratio spread is much better than the 6 speed box and with an engine that produces its real power in the last 10% of the available rev range this is a real performance gain.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSam View Post
Rolf

Great looking car.

I sometimes wish I went with DCT - but I still love rowing my own (and in my case thankfully my wife doesn't drive).
Thanks Sam, I too wished when I had the two M3's with MT that I should have gotten the M-DCT since after all I knew what it would be like from my original e46 (similar anyway) also from my Z4 35i that I had before the first e92 in AW. I guess I just was to selfish and should have gotten the M-DCT in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
By the way Rolf, Love the new car, How is the DCT???
Thank you ... did you make it back safe and sound to Fort Mac? after having your clear bra installed?

Quote:

Its amazing how someone's opinion changes AFTER they get one.......:lol
I don't think there is a person alive (perhaps some of the top class F1 drivers then they carry that longer stick) that can be faster and more precise then the M-DCT. As for changing mind ... yes I am one of them too slap me you can I do deserve it

Quote:
On the track there is no question that the M-DCT is the better way to go as the ratio spread is much better than the 6 speed box and with an engine that produces its real power in the last 10% of the available rev range this is a real performance gain.
I can attest to that having seen you on the track last year ... I recall that Porsche overtaking you and the fellow standing besides me said to me "did you just see the Porsche overtaking that M3 wow he made him mad bet in less then one lap the M3 will overtake the Porsche, that fellow in the M3 is a great driver"

I think you overtook him 2 laps later always on his tail I bet you recall that very day.

Cheers, Rolf

PS. Now Fellows let's not fight over the transmission besides they are both great

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I can attest to that having seen you on the track last year ... I recall that Porsche overtaking you and the fellow standing besides me said to me "did you just see the Porsche overtaking that M3 wow he made him mad bet in less then one lap the M3 will overtake the Porsche, that fellow in the M3 is a great driver"

I think you overtook him 2 laps later always on his tail I bet you recall that very day.

Cheers, Rolf

PS. Now Fellows let's not fight over the transmission besides they are both great
Rolf, dont you know what the first rule of Duncan Club is?....No one passes Duncan in Duncan Club................And if you think you saw this...it didnt happen......His seatbelt must have got stuck or he was on a cool down lap........

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #20
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Rolf, dont you know what the first rule of Duncan Club is?....No one passes Duncan in Duncan Club................And if you think you saw this...it didnt happen......His seatbelt must have got stuck or he was on a cool down lap........

Oh I did see it it was quite a sight to see we all talked about it how the Porsche tried to over take again he never could ... now go away I am doing my income taxes

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Watching cars out the front window can be more fun than looking in the mirrors I think that was the guy in a black 996 GT3 on Nt01's that you are talking about.
Appreciate 0