BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

05-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Such a beautiful day

Low 60's. Sun shining bright. See the kids off to school. Kiss the wife goodbye. Drop the toddler off at daycare then back home to switch cars into the M3 for the drive to work.

Half way there I need gas. After filling up I head across the street to Starbucks. I grab a coffee and a cinnamon chip scone and consume them on the patio. Mmmm. I ponder why coffee and scones are so delicious together while looking over the parking lot and my M3. MY M3!

Before too long it's windows down and off to work with a full tank. I charge up the onramp listening to engine wind up. Schweeeeeet sound. I have to slow down to merge with traffic. After threading the M3 past all of it there are cops up ahead but the Valentine 1 warns me in plenty of time. I go around some sweeping turns on the highway with the wind messing up my hair then coast into the parking lot only to find a choice spot open right in front.

I keep looking back at the M3 as I'm walking into work thinking it doesn't get much better than this. It's been said before: Life Is Good.

Cheers.
      05-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Good story. I would have skipped the car switching because the kids love the M3 and I would never have the patience for such a routine. I would also have skipped the coffee and scones too, because I don't do caffeine and I'm not sure what a scone is (lol, ok, so the last one is an exaggeration). With the saved time I would have slept in, worked out (or worked out longer) or maybe just taken the longer route to work. Just me though.

I definitely concur that life is good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I would have skipped the car switching because the kids love the M3 and I would never have the patience for such a routine.
The kids love my M3 too but there's no way I'm letting the toddler (4 years old) in the M3. He'll destroy it. For the other kids I just wait around to see them onto the bus. Yes, it takes more patience but you need patience with 5 kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I would also have skipped the coffee and scones too, because I don't do caffeine and I'm not sure what a scone is (lol, ok, so the last one is an exaggeration). With the saved time I would have slept in, worked out (or worked out longer) or maybe just taken the longer route to work. Just me though.

I definitely concur that life is good.
You don't do caffeine but I can't do without. It was such a nice morning I had to take it in. I already stopped for gas so ...

Cheers.
      05-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Glad life is good for you! I hope my E90 M3 brings me as much happiness when it arrives in July.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Glad life is good for you! I hope my E90 M3 brings me as much happiness when it arrives in July.
Life is what you make of it. But having an M3 is good place to start.

Cheers.
      05-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Great story.

"It's good to the the king."
      05-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Low 60's. Sun shining bright. See the kids off to school. Kiss the wife goodbye. Drop the toddler off at daycare then back home to switch cars into the M3 for the drive to work.

Half way there I need gas. After filling up I head across the street to Starbucks. I grab a coffee and a cinnamon chip scone and consume them on the patio. Mmmm. I ponder why coffee and scones are so delicious together while looking over the parking lot and my M3. MY M3!

Before too long it's windows down and off to work with a full tank. I charge up the onramp listening to engine wind up. Schweeeeeet sound. I have to slow down to merge with traffic. After threading the M3 past all of it there are cops up ahead but the Valentine 1 warns me in plenty of time. I go around some sweeping turns on the highway with the wind messing up my hair then coast into the parking lot only to find a choice spot open right in front.

I keep looking back at the M3 as I'm walking into work thinking it doesn't get much better than this. It's been said before: Life Is Good.

Cheers.
you sound high, what was in the coffee??

j/k
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
The kids love my M3 too but there's no way I'm letting the toddler (4 years old) in the M3. He'll destroy it. For the other kids I just wait around to see them onto the bus. Yes, it takes more patience but you need patience with 5 kids.

You don't do caffeine but I can't do without. It was such a nice morning I had to take it in. I already stopped for gas so ...

Cheers.
I think you're underestimating the durability of the leather. Seriously, I've always had my kids in my cars and leather makes cleanup easier.

Plus they really like it.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Montoya
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GT3

Quote:
Low 60's. Sun shining bright.
Before too long it's windows down and off to work with a full tank. I charge ...listening to engine wind up. Schweeeeeet sound. I have to slow down ...with traffic. After threading the M3 past all of it ... I go around some sweeping turns on the highway with the wind messing up my hair then coast into the parking lot only to find a choice spot open right in front.

Cheers.
Wow- we had the same day almost exactly, separated by 2300 miles! I edited your post to make it how my drive to work went!!! The only thing to add was when I went out for my midday jog, in the bright sun she was turning a very beautiful purplish blue...

Ah yes, life is indeed very good.

'08 E92 IB, Gone
'10 GT3 now in my garage!
'10 X5 3.5D
'12 E91 Xi Wagon MT sports package
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
m3convertdriver
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

same day after work except i took my top down and cruised around. revving the engine to 6-7k in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear is such a beautiful sound - especially when youre going through a tunnel
2005 330 CIC, Jet Black (retired)
1997 Saab 900S, Turtle Green (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0