BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Closed Thread

01-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #89
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

RIP. don't know the guy but feel the pain for his family and friends. GOD BLESS.
      01-05-2012, 12:54 AM   #90
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. Someone exhibits the maturity of a 15 year old, breaks the law doing something HIGHLY dangerous that puts others not involved in the behavior at risk, and we are supposed to feel bad for him or her? While we are at it, let's shed a tear for an armed robber who is killed during a home invasion......

Thoughts to the family this person has SELFISHLY left broken, by leaving them too early. I feel awful for the family, but to feel for the victim is to condone one's actions, and street racing CANNOT be condoned.

Cheers,
e46e92
not everyone can be as perfect as you, jesus.
      01-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #91
Get 2 the Bimmah!
euro. techniks
Rep
Drives: '03 M3 / '72 2002

Just because there is free speech doesn't mean its tasteful in every situation. I'm glad none of you guys have ever driven fast on public roads, bravo. Sal, if you need anything man you have my number, and that goes for all the ET guys! Whatever you need: You, Tommy, or Bart just say the word.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #92
SLICKTITTLES
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92

01-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #93
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get 2 the Bimmah! View Post
Just because there is free speech doesn't mean its tasteful in every situation. I'm glad none of you guys have ever driven fast on public roads, bravo. Sal, if you need anything man you have my number, and that goes for all the ET guys! Whatever you need: You, Tommy, or Bart just say the word.
Agree...
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #94
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
The media has a funny way of twisting reality.

At the end of the day, I lost one of my best friends and partners and it's deeply saddening. I appreciate all the love from everyone.

It's been a rough couple days, but we're getting thru it.
When you're ready, it'd be great if you can give us a first-hand account of what happened.
I'm really interested to read how he (or anyone else) is going to justify street racing, speeding, drag racing, or whatever anyone wants to call it. In the end, whether doing over 100mph or 99.9mph, or even 90mph, I have yet to see a national road that allows those speeds legally.

I have a feeling though, that we will never know, because it's very unlikely that what took place is justifiable, whether the media added 1mph or 10mph to the story or not.

At the end of the day, we all like explanations and it would be good to know what truly happened.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #95
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

yes and I want 100 super models in my bed tonight, too bad that will never happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #96
nchan50
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 JzB/FR e92 M3

He doesn't need to justify anything to a forum full of strangers. What purpose would it serve to bring back those thoughts/memories for our own satisfaction? From a legal perspective, he probably also should not post details. Stop asking for an explaination of what happend.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchan50 View Post
He doesn't need to justify anything to a forum full of strangers. What purpose would it serve to bring back those thoughts/memories for our own satisfaction? From a legal perspective, he probably also should not post details. Stop asking for an explaination of what happend.
damnit people +1
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #98
gemini330zhp
Major
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E90

Sorry to read this especially for the New Year.... My Condolences and prayers to the family and friends and to a fellow M owner RIP.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #99
Jersey335xi617
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Had my car at ACM last week. I had some problems with the parts I supplied them, but both CJ and Sal were extremely understanding with the situation and cut me a huge break. Its a shame how something so tragic could happen so fast. CJ just toured me around the shop for 30 minutes 3 days before he passed and seemed like an awesome guy. RIP . And to Sal and the rest of the ACM crew hang in there.

-Frank
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #100
red998
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG '10 6MT

DUDE??!! shocked! WTFreak?
RIP CJ, my condolences to his family and loved ones.
real nice guy, met him a couple times when he was patrolling and once he started at ACM. I just saw him before xmas.
So sad. Even worse, people on the forum saying such horrible things. come on, we can all be better than this- he is someone's friend, son, he was an officer. have respect. just because you don't see a person physically doesn't mean you can say whatever you damn well please. I'm sure you would think twice about some of the stuff written previously.

Sal, i hope you are well. Hang in there. the crew at ACM is the best- i will keep you all in my prayers.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #101
termigni
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2000, MacanS, M4CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. Someone exhibits the maturity of a 15 year old, breaks the law doing something HIGHLY dangerous that puts others not involved in the behavior at risk, and we are supposed to feel bad for him or her? While we are at it, let's shed a tear for an armed robber who is killed during a home invasion......

Thoughts to the family this person has SELFISHLY left broken, by leaving them too early. I feel awful for the family, but to feel for the victim is to condone one's actions, and street racing CANNOT be condoned.

Cheers,
e46e92
seriously? and you have an M3? sell it and go buy a GEO.

RIP. what a nice looking E90M...

2018 ///M2 LCI, Metallic Orange, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Apple.. Sold

Instagram: Tommys911
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #102
spinny
Private
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 / 335i

I find it amazing that people have the balls to make a negative comment.

WE ALL SPEED. I'm sorry - but if you have an M ANYTHING cruising at 80mph feels like a joke. When the road permits, I cruise at 100mph and don't even think twice about it. And if you can sit here and say you never speed, please sell your car and trade your penis in for a vagina.

I also don't want to hear about it being "reckless" to others on the road. If you speed when other cars on the road and pass them at tripple digits, you're an asshole. If you take calculated risks and speed when the road is clear, you're a risk taker.

If you were not there, YOU DO NOT KNOW THE CONDITIONS, you can't say whos life he put in danger aside from his own and the others in the 1M. For all we know the road was empty, lets not assume.

That being said, you can easily die going only 40mph, speed is not always a factor. It's what you hit and how you hit it. I wacked a telephone pole doing 40mph, if anyone was in my passenger seat I seriously doubt they'd be here right now. I walked away without a scratch - pure luck.

It's all luck when it comes down to a crash and sadly CJ was not lucky that night and passed away doing something he was passionate about.

Godspeed CJ.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #103
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinny View Post
I find it amazing that people have the balls to make a negative comment....WE ALL SPEED.... And if you can sit here and say you never speed, please sell your car and trade your penis in for a vagina....I also don't want to hear about it being "reckless" to others on the road...If you were not there, YOU DO NOT KNOW THE CONDITIONS, you can't say whos life he put in danger aside from his own and the others in the 1M. For all we know the road was empty, lets not assume.
And I find it amazing that people are missing the point. It wasnt a one-car scenario.

Has nothing to do with anyone speeding at any point in their life because they were enjoying their car. Its one thing if youre out cruising above the speed limit by yourself, but when theres another car doing the same rate of speed(racing or not) that multiplies the accident risk ten fold. THIS was the scenario and condition of the situation regardless whether the road was open or had cars on it.

People, seriously, speeding by yourself is NOT racing. Two cars doing nearly double the speed limit IS. Im not here to bash Sal or CJ, they are both great guys. But its the SITUATION that needs to be recognized.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #104
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

Wow. Haven't been on this forum forever and log on tonight to see this. My condolences Sal and the rest of the ACM team. Thoughts are with you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #105
Juiced1M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
I ask everyone to PLEASE RESPECT THIS THREAD ... If you dont have kind thoughtful words and or prayers please please keep them to yourself

this is a tough time for all of us who knew Ceej.

Thank You for your respect.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #106
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Sal, Bart

You have my deepest condolences on your loss. I don't think I met CJ but judging from your character and helpfulness I can only assume he was a fantastic guy.

Be strong fellas.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #107
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1M View Post
I ask everyone to PLEASE RESPECT THIS THREAD ... If you dont have kind thoughtful words and or prayers please please keep them to yourself

this is a tough time for all of us who knew Ceej.

Thank You for your respect.
+1 ,Thank You !
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #108
Bob86GN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 F93 M8

Tragic. RIP.
1986 Buick Grand National (10.8 @ 122mph)
1987 Buick Grand National (stockish)
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #109
Get 2 the Bimmah!
euro. techniks
Rep
Drives: '03 M3 / '72 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
And I find it amazing that people are missing the point. It wasnt a one-car scenario.

Has nothing to do with anyone speeding at any point in their life because they were enjoying their car. Its one thing if youre out cruising above the speed limit by yourself, but when theres another car doing the same rate of speed(racing or not) that multiplies the accident risk ten fold. THIS was the scenario and condition of the situation regardless whether the road was open or had cars on it.

People, seriously, speeding by yourself is NOT racing. Two cars doing nearly double the speed limit IS. Im not here to bash Sal or CJ, they are both great guys. But its the SITUATION that needs to be recognized.

It has everything to do with speeding at points in your life, that's what I do and everyone on this forum does. Any person who likes fast performing cars speeds, even Mrs. Jones who is late in her minivan. The point is that we all do it. Whether its with other cars cruising/"racing" however you look at it or by yourself. Yes, if you break it down statistically the more cars at a higher rate of speed increases everything, but who looks at things that way until something like this happens? CJ was doing something WE ALL DO just not as lucky as we are to turn the car off and come back home. It doesn't matter how you feel you're justified in this argument. This isn't a thread for judge and jury, this is a thread to remember a friend who we lost doing something we can all relate to, what's so hard to grasp about keeping the negativity out of here? You may say you're not here to bash either one of them, but from a 3rd person perspective, it sure as hell not consoling them in anyway.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #110
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

This is a total shame and a reality check for every one of us. I wish his family and friends best of luck in coping with their loss.

Silver-lining in all of this (if you choose to see any) is that no one else was injured or killed.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread