BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #23
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppmax View Post
Well the car checked out at the shop I went to; no faults/error codes. They gave it a thumbs up.

We'll see what the dealer says in a week...
Any news to report?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #24
ppmax
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Thanks for asking.

So far everything has been great...except my experience at the DMV trying to get it registered, lol. I got one of those folks that wants to correct all the world's problems...so the title is back at the dealer right now to fill in an odometer reading and correct a misspelled last name.

Mechanically the car has been great; I've been driving it as if it was new and needed to be broken in...and just last week brought it up to about 7,500RPM. Compared to that 2010 M3 I upgraded from (which didn't have the competition package), this one feels more poised around turns and going over bumps.

I've spent the past few weekends detailing the car inside and out after driving it to work during a couple snow storms we've had (beware the hordes of yahoos on the road who apparently believe their AWD SUV's and F150's have enough stopping power on ice covered roads!) I've learned that this black car shows way more dirt vs. the previous metallic gray...so I've been out there with power washer and foam cannon in 33 degree weather making it shine like it should!

I may have mentioned previously there were some scuffs in the paint and a deep scratch below the handle on the driver's side door. I've always wanted to try my hand at paint restoration (using an orbital polisher)...so I picked up a Porter Cable at the local Home Depot and all the lotions and pads you need...but I totally chickened out right before starting last weekend and ended up taking it to a local detailer for a restoration and Ceramic Pro coating. Holy cow they did a great job and the black paint looks like...molten tar. They couldn't completely address the deep scratch (without a paint job) but they touched it up with a BMW paint stick and polished it up so it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Since this is my daily driver and it sits outside in direct sun part of the day...do most folks use window sunshades to protect the interior?

Here's a couple pics:

Trying hard to not get seduced by an aftermarket exhaust just to liven it up a bit!

PP
Appreciate 4
330ciprem228.50
Montaver2056.00
Transfer5237.50
      03-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #25
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Quote:
Thanks for asking.

So far everything has been great...except my experience at the DMV trying to get it registered, lol. I got one of those folks that wants to correct all the world's problems...so the title is back at the dealer right now to fill in an odometer reading and correct a misspelled last name.

Mechanically the car has been great; I've been driving it as if it was new and needed to be broken in...and just last week brought it up to about 7,500RPM. Compared to that 2010 M3 I upgraded from (which didn't have the competition package), this one feels more poised around turns and going over bumps.

I've spent the past few weekends detailing the car inside and out after driving it to work during a couple snow storms we've had (beware the hordes of yahoos on the road who apparently believe their AWD SUV's and F150's have enough stopping power on ice covered roads!) I've learned that this black car shows way more dirt vs. the previous metallic gray...so I've been out there with power washer and foam cannon in 33 degree weather making it shine like it should!

I may have mentioned previously there were some scuffs in the paint and a deep scratch below the handle on the driver's side door. I've always wanted to try my hand at paint restoration (using an orbital polisher)...so I picked up a Porter Cable at the local Home Depot and all the lotions and pads you need...but I totally chickened out right before starting last weekend and ended up taking it to a local detailer for a restoration and Ceramic Pro coating. Holy cow they did a great job and the black paint looks like...molten tar. They couldn't completely address the deep scratch (without a paint job) but they touched it up with a BMW paint stick and polished it up so it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Since this is my daily driver and it sits outside in direct sun part of the day...do most folks use window sunshades to protect the interior?

Here's a couple pics:

Trying hard to not get seduced by an aftermarket exhaust just to liven it up a bit!

PP
Beautiful car, congrats! If your going the exhaust route I'd recommend an MPE. Adds a nice layer of aggression that compliments the induction noise and a hollow metallic howl that sounds properly special.
Appreciate 2
UPSROD941.00
ItsGary1456.50
      03-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #26
G80indy
Save the Manuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3, E46, G80

MPE is too expensive
Corsa is the one to go with
;-)
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #27
ppmax
Rep

Thanks for the compliments and recommendations about exhaust, Montaver and 330indy. Right now I'm negotiating for little WAF...modified exhaust is a touchy subject around my house (and with the neighbors). I had a stage 2 2014 STI with a catted downpipe that woke up all the dogs when I left for work in the morning. They basically came at me with pitchforks on day

Here's a couple shots after the Ceramic Pro:

The guys at the detail shop recommended I use a product called "303" on the interior (for leather too). I've never heard of "303" and I've been working on cars since the early 80's...anyone heard of it or used it?

Last edited by ppmax; 03-13-2018 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: added a pic
Appreciate 1
Not Sure211.00
      03-13-2018, 11:44 PM   #28
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix, JLU Rub, 10 S2 RX8

I’ve had it recommended to me too and have seen it do a good job on neglected interiors, leather, and a convertible top. But, I can’t find out enough to justify trying it myself. Sorry, don’t have more than that though.

I’m in the Longmont area btw.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Nice one! I've tried a bunch of exhausts, the MPE is my fave.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 03:39 PM   #30
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
The guys at the detail shop recommended I use a product called "303" on the interior (for leather too). I've never heard of "303" and I've been working on cars since the early 80's...anyone heard of it or used it?
The car looks perfect. I really would liked to have checked it out myself because it met my needs. I'm glad someone here got it.

I'd like to throw my own opinion in on the exhaust suggestions, if you want one more. Go to the Borla website and check out their three choices for the E92 M3: Touring, S-Type, and ATAK. After some words from the Turner staff, the actual sound choices start at the 2:50 mark. Its one of the best recorded exhaust videos I've ever heard. Probably the best since the original UUC System U video for the E36 M3.

Touring is really good. ATAK is a bit too loud and aggressive for me, almost a glass pack noise, and its slightly... unhinged. The S-Type is what I'll be getting. Its like Touring but a bit louder and deeper, and it has a note to it that I can best describe as "silvery". I can't think of a better word.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the car brother!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:28 PM   #31
ppmax
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Is it true the Dealer said they found some pairs of women's underwear in the spare tire cavity and glove box?
Not that I know of, lol. Finding one pair would have been a riot
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6721.00
      03-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #32
ppmax
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
The car looks perfect. I really would liked to have checked it out myself because it met my needs. I'm glad someone here got it.

I'd like to throw my own opinion in on the exhaust suggestions, if you want one more. Go to the Borla website and check out their three choices for the E92 M3: Touring, S-Type, and ATAK. After some words from the Turner staff, the actual sound choices start at the 2:50 mark. Its one of the best recorded exhaust videos I've ever heard. Probably the best since the original UUC System U video for the E36 M3.

Touring is really good. ATAK is a bit too loud and aggressive for me, almost a glass pack noise, and its slightly... unhinged. The S-Type is what I'll be getting. Its like Touring but a bit louder and deeper, and it has a note to it that I can best describe as "silvery". I can't think of a better word.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the car brother!

Thanks for the referral...I'll definitely check them out
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #33
ppmax
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarPoor View Post
I’ve had it recommended to me too and have seen it do a good job on neglected interiors, leather, and a convertible top. But, I can’t find out enough to justify trying it myself. Sorry, don’t have more than that though.

I’m in the Longmont area btw.
Grabbed a bottle today...will try it out and post back. The guys at Boulder Auto Detail seem to prefer it above all others.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 09:10 PM   #34
GerrS65
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
I got it this past weekend. It's basically mint condition and I'm the 2nd owner. Clean CarFax. Even better: I got mid-twenties for my 2010 M3 in trade

My only gripes:
No manuals
One key
Tiny paint scratch on drivers side door

Drove it back to CO from SLC (500 miles) and it needs a serious clean!
So after reading into ppmax posts, I realized the M3 I recently purchased is the same one ppmax drove to SLC to trade in! Small world. Thanks for taking such good care of it buddy!
Appreciate 0