BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

02-18-2015, 07:29 AM   #375
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Again nothing against Malek as he seems to make nice stuff but again he didn't reinvent the wheel. We're talking exhaust. Half you guys use replica parts and then want to chastise me for saying you can go to a competent welder and build on of these x pipes in a few hours versus waiting forever to maybe never get one.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #376
squartus
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 6MT

Garage List
2010 E92 BMW M3  [10.00]
You can have some joe blow go make you an xpipe sure, but it will not give you the gains this one will. Many many hrs of R&D went into this design, not to mention the better welds and materials its crafted from. Otherwise it would not be out performing every xpipe on the market for this car.

He did not remake the wheel, he simply made it better than anyone else. MRF should be getting praise and respect for making such quality products for our platform.

Malek haters will be haters, hope you take it with a grain of salt and continue making top shelf products.

4.4L LC stroker/ESS VT2-625/Volk te37 sl's/AA exhaust/DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft/ARH Headers.. etc
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #377
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post
You can have some joe blow go make you an xpipe sure, but it will not give you the gains this one will. Many many hrs of R&D went into this design, not to mention the better welds and materials its crafted from. Otherwise it would not be out performing every xpipe on the market for this car.

He did not remake the wheel, he simply made it better than anyone else. MRF should be getting praise and respect for making such quality products for our platform.

Malek haters will be haters, hope you take it with a grain of salt and continue making top shelf products.
Better materials? Who's to say the "Joe Blow" shop doesn't have access to the same materials Malek can get? Same with the welds. If the person is well versed in the trade and takes their profession seriously, who's to say their welds won't be as good? How about if they use a robotic controlled TIG welder? Will the welds not be at least of the same quality?

I'm not hating on Malek or his products at all, I'm just pointing out that other people can access the same materials and equipment that Malek most likely has. The difference lies in the R&D like you mentioned.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #378
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Better materials? Who's to say the "Joe Blow" shop doesn't have access to the same materials Malek can get? Same with the welds. If the person is well versed in the trade and takes their profession seriously, who's to say their welds won't be as good? How about if they use a robotic controlled TIG welder? Will the welds not be at least of the same quality?

I'm not hating on Malek or his products at all, I'm just pointing out that other people can access the same materials and equipment that Malek most likely has. The difference lies in the R&D like you mentioned.
Thank you! Finally some reasoning here. It's asinine to think/say Malek is the only one who can tig weld or get access to stainless pipe. You guys are funny.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #379
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Thank you! Finally some reasoning here. It's asinine to think/say Malek is the only one who can tig weld or get access to stainless pipe. You guys are funny.
Yeah, I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure Malek's item is top shelf. You don't read about too many people using 321 stainless in their exhaust components, but still... X pipes aren't some exotic component that only Jedi masters can conjure.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #380
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
By the looks of the bowlegged x-pipe you are selling you know nothing about quality and the phrase R&D is lost on you.
Attached Images

02-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #381
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
I think the key point is that it takes research to best determine where the merge "or whatever it is called" should be and apparently Malek did that. Maybe it takes research to determine the best size or worst size for the piping from end to end. Maybe the knowledge of knowing what doesn't make a difference is valuable. So you guys arguing that any shop can do it may be forgetting that 'you' likely have that extra knowledge that makes one xpipe more efficient than another.

... regret sending my MRF Xpipe back 2 years ago because I didn't know any better.

Edit: My response was posted before I saw the picture of the bowlegged xpipe!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:16 AM   #382
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoosting View Post
By the looks of the bowlegged x-pipe you are selling you know nothing about quality and the phrase R&D is lost on you.
Objectively speaking, how is quality lost on him?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #383
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
I think the key point is that it takes research to best determine where the merge "or whatever it is called" should be and apparently Malek did that. Maybe it takes research to determine the best size or worst size for the piping from end to end. Maybe the knowledge of knowing what doesn't make a difference is valuable. So you guys arguing that any shop can do it may be forgetting that 'you' likely have that extra knowledge that makes one xpipe more efficient than another.

... regret sending my MRF Xpipe back 2 years ago because I didn't know any better.

I said there are shops that WILL have access to the same TIG welders (manual or automated) and T321 stainless. I said nothing of having the same R&D.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #384
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Who are you? You got that from looking at a less than ideal night time iphone pic. Are you on Maleks payroll? If not, get a clue man. My x pipe is stainless, mandrel bent and made power. It's also identical to an oem piece just without cats. So I guess eveey other pipe but the MRF piece is junk too? You guys are funny dick riding Malek so hard. I came here to offer an opinion that's it. Only on this board do people attack others and come off as assholes as you are doing now. Even on the porsche forums people welcome other input and like those that go outside the box and make their own parts.

Sure maybe his pipe makes a few more hp than mine (as well as every other brand) but does that make mine bad? No. It makes you and others look bad for Comimg down on me for making a suggestion. Again this is an x pipe, it's not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #385
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

02-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #386
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
FYI jackass, the gintAni x pipe also is bowed out at the muffler connecting points. This is a bespoke piece that I ran for a year without issues and was made on the car by a custom shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:21 AM   #387
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Here's an OEM X pipe for comparison
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087607

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #388
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Objectively speaking, how is quality lost on him?
Because if you try to help and mention other alternatives the dick riders come out of hiding. My x pipe is great and works fine. Maybe I left a few hp on the table but the m3 is not a race car and l could care less. I have a 600 hp porsche for that.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #389
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I said there are shops that WILL have access to the same TIG welders (manual or automated) and T321 stainless. I said nothing of having the same R&D.
Yes that is true and I stand corrected because I totally misquoted you on that! I was responding in general really....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #390
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Here's an OEM X pipe for comparison
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1087607
Wow looks like my junk. Maybe BMW sucks too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #391
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes that is true and I stand corrected because I totally misquoted you on that! I was responding in general really....
Oh haha, sorry for being so defensive. I try to keep my technical posts as objective as possible when out of the General or OT sections of the forum.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #392
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Open your eyes. Nothing is bow legged. I'm using a magnaflow (quality) crossover that is less wide and this when the pipes come out they are slightly angled. Just as the Gintani x pipe is. Many x pipes look like this. I guess I'm arguing with fools.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #393
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki00 View Post
Spare me. Grow up.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #394
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep

To comment on the R&D, while I understand some people want pinnacle performance, there are people who want more value for their dollars.

This kind of interaction really falls on the buyer and what their intentions and goals are.

Again, nothing against Malek and his product.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:33 AM   #395
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
To comment on the R&D, while I understand some people want pinnacle performance, there are people who want more value for their dollars.

This kind of interaction really falls on the buyer and what their intentions and goals are.

Again, nothing against Malek and his product.
For real. I said nothing against Malek as he makes nice stuff but why wait forever for something that can be fabbed up in a day. And yet I get chastised and my parts get ridiculed. It's not right. Please tell me what makes my x pipe a hack job as I'm sure the shop who built it would be curious.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:39 AM   #396
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squartus View Post

Again, no one is denying he makes nice products. Simply stated I was offering an alternative. You guys act as if he invented the x pipe. Gintani as well as some other shops place the x up further too and have realized good gains. Many other companies (including mine) just copied the oem piece less cats. It will still make power as the cats are a huge restriction.
Appreciate 0