BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

12-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #23
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanfox View Post
Canadian dealer? you mean cars delivered by March or start producing in March?
Yes March production.The real important question is what is going to be in the Competion package?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #24
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Yes March production.The real important question is what is going to be in the Competion package?
I am going to order my 2010 E92 with my dealer tomorrow,Anyone supports me?
....how brave I am!!!....

If they start producing LCI in March, then I dont think Canadian dealers will get any in stock until May or somrthing....that's half a year to go, I cant wait that long to see my new beast. the only thing that I am praying now is the new LED taillights are swappable with 2010,
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #25
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I'm curious how much you are paying for this privilege? If you don't mind sharing.

So, if I am getting you correctly here, you had already convinced BMW to let you add options from the Edition. But now this competition package is coming and will include some of those same parts anyway. So you will just be adding that pacakge once you have details and will thereby lower your cost since some parts that would have been custom ordered are now part of the package. Yeah?
Price.....not yet confirmed, BMW will be firming up the CDN price for everything within the next 2 weeks before M Division shuts down for the holidays. I'm not a rich guy (and certainly won't be after this thing comes to fruition) but it's been my dream for a long, long time and I'm not too concerned. There are limits though and BMW has been very straightforward about bang for the buck versus excessive costs. I'll let you know when the price is finalized.

As for the "Individual" stuff....I've been reading this forum, every day now, for the past couple of years. You are one of the people who have impressed me very much with your input and insight. Thusly, you are absolutely correct about the upcoming "Comp" package lowering the cost of my special-order items. I guess that's why the M division has pre-supposed or pre-determined that they'll be equiping my car with it. They've been really great and obviously have their customers' interests (and finances) in mind.

And btw, my car will be a 6MT. I drove both versions for very extended periods and by far had much more fun shifting for myself. A fraction or so of a second ain't going to matter in the long run, will it??

Best regards, Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #26
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

If they start producing LCI in March, then I dont think Canadian dealers will get any in stock until May or somrthing....that's half a year to go, I cant wait that long to see my new beast. the only thing that I am praying now is the new LED taillights are swappable with 2010,
Look here Jordanfox, you're a Canadian. We have patience for everything, don't we???? I'll admit you have better March-May weather than I do but you'll be pissed if you miss this boat....by a month, no more than two. So I don't support you....but you'll probably thank me for it later. How's that!

Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #27
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Price... I'll let you know when the price is finalized.
Thanks.

Quote:
As for the "Individual" stuff....I've been reading this forum, every day now, for the past couple of years. You are one of the people who have impressed me very much with your input and insight.
Hey, thanks for the props. I owe a good deal of my knowledge to the various forums, news outlets, and informational sites on the internet. I just happen to be a BMW fan and car enthusiast in general, so I tend to keep a lot of car related facts in my head.

Quote:
Thusly, you are absolutely correct about the upcoming "Comp" package lowering the cost of my special-order items. I guess that's why the M division has pre-supposed or pre-determined that they'll be equiping my car with it. They've been really great and obviously have their customers' interests (and finances) in mind.
Yeah, it sounds like the fact that they were planning this new package went a long way toward their decision to allow you to spec the car as you had desired. I really do hope this all comes to fruition as you have outlined here (not that I am doubting you, mind you, but I do tend to be a bit skeptical about things like this until the facts are out in the wild officially. ), because the M3 Edition, IMHO, does look amazing. And the GTS wheels are nice too. Hopefully most of it makes it to production for this LCI option package. And hopefully MCB makes it too (any idea if that is the case)?

Quote:
And btw, my car will be a 6MT. I drove both versions for very extended periods and by far had much more fun shifting for myself. A fraction or so of a second ain't going to matter in the long run, will it??
Yep, definitely go with the one that's the most fun for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #28
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks.

Yeah, it sounds like the fact that they were planning this new package went a long way toward their decision to allow you to spec the car as you had desired. I really do hope this all comes to fruition as you have outlined here (not that I am doubting you, mind you, but I do tend to be a bit skeptical about things like this until the facts are out in the wild officially. ), because the M3 Edition, IMHO, does look amazing. And the GTS wheels are nice too. Hopefully most of it makes it to production for this LCI option package. And hopefully MCB makes it too (any idea if that is the case)?
Once again, you're right on the money about the special order items. Some (like the l0mm springs) didn't even cause a flutter. I'd asked for these to be added just after the Edition models were announced. Others I'm still fighting for (yes, the wheels and brakes) and I won't know if I was successful until I hear from M Division - next week I hope. My goal with this car has been to take the best of what I've seen from the aftermarket and make it BMW OEM and on the car when I pick it up. The GTS wheels (a new interpretation of the CSL style IMO) have been on my list of requests for a year. A year ago they didn't exist (to us anyways) and back in April I was given a polite but firm "no, we can't do that". Within seconds of the new GTS photos being posted, I e-mailed Munich and said "Seeee, I knew you could do it. Can I have them????" Thus far I haven't been told "no" as per the April correspondence so my fingers are crossed. So far, so good but the anticipation is killing me!!!

As for MCB, yes it was offered (as an "Individual" paint option to me months ago) but I've since declined in favour of another color scheme that I'm waiting approval on. MCB is very pretty and very "M" but not what I want to do. Funny though....in mid-Nov I was asked to reconsider that color and received a whole raft of photos of it in differing lights. In other words, was BMW being frugal on my behalf and trying to save me some "individual" money by going with a "it'll be a standard color pretty soon" paint scheme???? I honestly don't know. But I wouldn't doubt it because M Division and Individual have been absolutely exceptional to deal with and have gone out of their way to accomodate my requests....and make them cost effective!

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #29
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

I read somewhere awhile back that some special parts were gonna be made available as factory upgrades, sorta like TRD/F line parts for toyota/lexus cars.

I am really hoping springs, special rims, brakes, aero bits will be available as options.
      12-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #30
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
I read somewhere awhile back that some special parts were gonna be made available as factory upgrades, sorta like TRD/F line parts for toyota/lexus cars.

I am really hoping springs, special rims, brakes, aero bits will be available as options.
The M3 Edition wheels are already available as a factory option in Germany...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #31
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The M3 Edition wheels are already available as a factory option in Germany...
And that's the trick isn't it? What the world gets, including Canada, isn't necessarily what we get in the U.S. Which really sucks sometimes.

I have a coupe arriving here around the January 1st. Needless to say I will be drilling my dealer and anyone else I can for REAL information starting in about two weeks. Right now everything other than perhaps the LED tail lamps appears to be pure speculation for the U.S. market and that includes whether there's a price increase.

Absent REAL information I will need to guess, hate that. The silver lining is that I will go with a two-year lease and grab a 2012 M3, probably the last model year of production.

So, whoever has REAL information I would appreciate hearing from. Not meaning to slam others or their opinions. I certainly have mine. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #32
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:

I'm with you, some improved headlights/tailights just aren't worth the wait. Now if you didn't need a new car till May-ish then I would say wait.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 04:06 PM   #33
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

I'm due for new M3 in April 2010... would Special Edition be avail in U.S.?
      12-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #34
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
I'm due for new M3 in April 2010... would Special Edition be avail in U.S.?
March production probably means May deliverey.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #35
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFlight View Post
I guess there is no specific info on the competition package?
So MFlight, what did you do??? More specific information on the Competition Package is as follows:

BMW Canada will be receiving official confirmation soon (I suspect shortly after ordering banks for the 2010 M3 close next week). I guess this doesn't help you guys from the U.S. I'm not sure whether you're getting it or not but unlike the "Edition" models this time around which were "Canada" only as far as N. America goes, the Competition option for the E46 M3 was available in both of our countries.

Content should include a lowered/re-tuned suspension (probably the same 10 mm drop the Edition's got, maybe a touch more to split the difference with the GTS) with the new lightweight GTS wheels and more aggressive tires. I seriously doubt that BMW will fit the GTS tires (P Zero Corsa System's) to the car as these are more suited to the track. But Michelin makes PS2's in the GTS sizings, I'm not aware that Conti does (yet!).

The whole package will be described as making the E92 more "agile". Therefore, a power increase isn't in the mix. Suits me fine, just gotta keep the rev's up, right?? And BTW, the Comp Pkg has already been added to my Individual specs. Someone other than me must be confident!!

That's it for now, some of you may have more info so feel free to call me a liar and add....a special color or two

Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Thanks for keeping us updated Mark's M. It will be interesting to see if this makes it to the US.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #37
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
So MFlight, what did you do??? More specific information on the Competition Package is as follows:

BMW Canada will be receiving official confirmation soon (I suspect shortly after ordering banks for the 2010 M3 close next week). I guess this doesn't help you guys from the U.S. I'm not sure whether you're getting it or not but unlike the "Edition" models this time around which were "Canada" only as far as N. America goes, the Competition option for the E46 M3 was available in both of our countries.

Content should include a lowered/re-tuned suspension (probably the same 10 mm drop the Edition's got, maybe a touch more to split the difference with the GTS) with the new lightweight GTS wheels and more aggressive tires. I seriously doubt that BMW will fit the GTS tires (P Zero Corsa System's) to the car as these are more suited to the track. But Michelin makes PS2's in the GTS sizings, I'm not aware that Conti does (yet!).

The whole package will be described as making the E92 more "agile". Therefore, a power increase isn't in the mix. Suits me fine, just gotta keep the rev's up, right?? And BTW, the Comp Pkg has already been added to my Individual specs. Someone other than me must be confident!!

That's it for now, some of you may have more info so feel free to call me a liar and add....a special color or two

Mark
Slightly disappointed there wasn't a brake upgrade mentioned in your list. Guess I can still hope they might sneak it in for the official announcement.
      12-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #38
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
So MFlight, what did you do???

Mark
The dealer here in Germany tried to get some information regarding the competition package but was not successful. The only thing they told me was that were will be a 5% increase in price after March. I'm actually supposed to pick the M3 up in the beginning of January. I'm hoping that the suspension upgrade can be done after the fact through BMW.

Thanks...

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #39
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Thanks Mark for your constant updates, much appreciated

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #40
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The dealer here in Germany tried to get some information regarding the competition package but was not successful. The only thing they told me was that were will be a 5% increase in price after March. I'm actually supposed to pick the M3 up in the beginning of January. I'm hoping that the suspension upgrade can be done after the fact through BMW.

Thanks...
Oh super. BMW didn't tell me about that. Oh well, whatch 'ya gonna do???

And you're welcome (and don't worry about the Comp. Pkg if you were interested in upgraded brakes, there won't be any. The 10 mm springs from the Edition models will no doubt be available as OEM parts....but lots of $$$$).

Regards, Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #41
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Interesting info.

This reinforces the decision to only go with the 2-year lease before the e92 M3 launch back in March of '08. If memory serves me right, there were a few others on the board that went with the short-term option during the heated anticipation of the unveiling in late fall of '07.

Perhaps I will order another at the well-timed and fast approaching lease-end, of course the competion pkg would'nt be complete without the hand-me-down brake upgrade off my '08.

Cheers, Enjoy your Euro delivery!

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #42
BMW3R
Bimmer User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 Mazda3  [0.00]
Very nice. I will be building in May 2010 in the US. I do hope that it is available as an option here.

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #43
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:

Thanks...
There will be a general .4% increase confirmed for January in the USA, another 5% increase in March means to me that either this is incorrect (no increase at all in the USA or increase of much less than 5%) or that it is correct for the USA as well but then it will have to be combined with another sharp decrease in production as prices will simply go insane in this economy.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #44
MFlight
Let's Race
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
There will be a general .4% increase confirmed for January in the USA, another 5% increase in March means to me that either this is incorrect (no increase at all in the USA or increase of much less than 5%) or that it is correct for the USA as well but then it will have to be combined with another sharp decrease in production as prices will simply go insane in this economy.
The 5% scare could also be a way for the dealership to trick me into buying the M3 as soon as possible instead of waiting until March. It all comes down to selling as many cars as possible I guess. Only time will tell.

2010 BMW M3 Coupe
Alpine White - DCT
Appreciate 0