BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

07-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #155
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex
Man, I miss mine so much. Went to the akra after, and there's definitely a difference in power, and I miss that sweet sound when its WOT. Malek, much to your dismay, I may be after another unit if you ramp up production again Definitely keep me posted.

Memories...
FINALLY! A new pic of the pipe! Mmmmm makes me ready for my very own.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #156
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Man, I miss mine so much. Went to the akra after, and there's definitely a difference in power, and I miss that sweet sound when its WOT. Malek, much to your dismay, I may be after another unit if you ramp up production again Definitely keep me posted.

Memories...
I feel yah man. Remember I had the MRF xpipe too. Unfortunately, I mates it with the oem muffler and hated the combo. Malek also told me I had an exhaust leak which causes the excessive fumes.

Before I go that route again, I'll need to find a good muffler that is not too loud. Sounds like the ESS would be a good match. Or perhaps an Akra. Something to tone things down a bit. My AA axle back is too loud for me (might be an exhaust leak since it is droning more).
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #157
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
I feel yah man. Remember I had the MRF xpipe too. Unfortunately, I mates it with the oem muffler and hated the combo. Malek also told me I had an exhaust leak which causes the excessive fumes.

Before I go that route again, I'll need to find a good muffler that is not too loud. Sounds like the ESS would be a good match. Or perhaps an Akra. Something to tone things down a bit. My AA axle back is too loud for me (might be an exhaust leak since it is droning more).
yea, i remember you had that and I think we both had the same issues– it didn't play well with the eisenmann sport either. I think if I do it again, i'll have to put it with the akra axel-back, or have some HFCs added on. I have turner test pipes + another eisenmann sport now, and it isn't quite enough for me.
      07-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #158
CSanto
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
yea, i remember you had that and I think we both had the same issues– it didn't play well with the eisenmann sport either. I think if I do it again, i'll have to put it with the akra axel-back, or have some HFCs added on. I have turner test pipes + another eisenmann sport now, and it isn't quite enough for me.
I have the same setup. Wish it was just a tad more aggressive at WOT, I'm doing the MRF xpipe though, so It should make it a little louder.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #159
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto
Quote:
yea, i remember you had that and I think we both had the same issues it didn't play well with the eisenmann sport either. I think if I do it again, i'll have to put it with the akra axel-back, or have some HFCs added on. I have turner test pipes + another eisenmann sport now, and it isn't quite enough for me.
I have the same setup. Wish it was just a tad more aggressive at WOT, I'm doing the MRF xpipe though, so It should make it a little louder.
I have TTP's and a Megan and I'm getting the mrf pipe for the same reason. Love my cars sound but I want more volume when I'm on as well as not on WOT. ESS rear will be in my future if the Megan doesn't play nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #160
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

I just don't understand where all this extra power is coming from... That little warning light keeps going off saying "If something sounds too good to be true..."

If it had a HFC I would have thrown caution to the wind though I just can't risk getting nailed by a motor-cop around here. Some members have even seen the vans that watch people's exhaust fumes around here.
      07-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #161
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
I just don't understand where all this extra power is coming from... That little warning light keeps going off saying "If something sounds too good to be true..."

If it had a HFC I would have thrown caution to the wind though I just can't risk getting nailed by a motor-cop around here. Some members have even seen the vans that watch people's exhaust fumes around here.
That is insane! Your state must be strapped for cash or run heavily by liberals.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #162
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
That is insane! Your state must be strapped for cash or run heavily by liberals.
They are everywhere here (Denver). They park them near high traffic areas like on ramps and scan your exhaust as you drive by. It allows you to renew your emissions without going in for the full monty. Nice for me since the Evo seems to pass the sniff test but would fail a visual.
      07-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #163
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
They are everywhere here (Denver). They park them near high traffic areas like on ramps and scan your exhaust as you drive by. It allows you to renew your emissions without going in for the full monty. Nice for me since the Evo seems to pass the sniff test but would fail a visual.
My car releases a giant plume of soot when I go from normal driving to WOT. Completely legal here
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #164
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:

Memories...
Onnex, that's awesome that you had one. I didn't know. Are you pre-ordering a new one? It would be SICK on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
looks like a MAN`s exhuast
Haha. It really does look like a man's exhaust, and it is. And this is coming from someone who thinks Akra makes a superb product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post

Nautik, I would typically have the same concern. Difference here is that you have a number of different people corroborating the same gains, (me, Longboarder, Onnex, Malek, AV9) plus you graphed data (now measured on two separate occasions) confirming the gains as well. In fact the second dyno confirmed more gains then the first. I'll tell you this, when you're sitting in your car and giving it gas, that's when you'll be saying this thing is too good to be true. That's exactly how I felt, and continue to feel. I don't have enough good things to say about it.

As to the "why" - I think that topic has been explored at length earlier in this thread.

Too bad about how strict your state is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
So i don't get it, are you saying that the vans smell the exhaust fumes, or visually scan the exhaust fumes? From your post it sounds like the vans "smell" the fumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
My car releases a giant plume of soot when I go from normal driving to WOT. Completely legal here
lol @ the clap emoticon.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #165
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Thats because the no cats eisenman race exhaust you have is quite epic sir.
      07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #166
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire
So i don't get it, are you saying that the vans smell the exhaust fumes, or visually scan the exhaust fumes? From your post it sounds like the vans "smell" the fumes.
They use lasers to measure what is in the exhaust plume:

"As a vehicle passes by, the roadside testing equipment is able to analyze the vehicle’s exhaust in less than a second. Here’s how RapidScreen works:

The vehicle first passes through speed and acceleration detectors, while an image of the license plate is recorded for identification.

The vehicle then passes through the infrared and ultraviolet beams of the emissions analyzer. A laser light source directs the beams across the road, where they are bounced off mirrors and directed back to a detector module. As the light beams are broken by the vehicle’s exhaust plume, the detector module measures the levels of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen in the plume. The emissions readings are matched to the license plate and an official test record is created."
      07-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #167
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Onnex, that's awesome that you had one. I didn't know. Are you pre-ordering a new one? It would be SICK on your car.
Is that whats happening now? I'm scared to email Malek, I was such a pain in the ass getting my first one But I do want one again for suure as long as I can contain it a bit with a good axel back or some HFCs. I get sad when I think of what I sold mine for Did you put in a pre-order yet?
      07-31-2013, 01:32 AM   #168
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Is that whats happening now? I'm scared to email Malek, I was such a pain in the ass getting my first one But I do want one again for suure as long as I can contain it a bit with a good axel back or some HFCs. I get sad when I think of what I sold mine for Did you put in a pre-order yet?
not quite. I got my hands on one of the original ones. malek is doing these pre orders now because of all the interest generated by this thread. but he is definitely taking pre orders now. I'm sure he would love to get you set up on his exhaust again. shoot him a PM.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #169
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please do get in line as he is waiting for 10 preorders to start production and I've been waiting for about a month now. Last I spoke with him he said he was almost there. Patience is a virtue I was never blessed with.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #170
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

MRF should really Make a HFC X-pipe based on there Cat-less design, there's most likely a larger market share w/ the Cated X-pipes.

I like the thought of the added power of the cat-less pipe, but ive been down that road with other cars and its to much noise for me, and im sure many others.
      07-31-2013, 11:39 AM   #171
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
MRF should really Make a HFC X-pipe based on there Cat-less design, there's most likely a larger market share w/ the Cated X-pipes.

I like the thought of the added power of the cat-less pipe, but ive been down that road with other cars and its to much noise for me, and im sure many others.
I think the orders would fill up much quicker if you were given the option of either HFC or resonators. I know it might just not be possible considering how low production this thing is.

Going straight pipes eliminates a lot of muffler choices.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #172
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
Please do get in line as he is waiting for 10 preorders to start production and I've been waiting for about a month now. Last I spoke with him he said he was almost there. Patience is a virtue I was never blessed with.
You and me both brotha. Ive been on the list for awhile as well. Hopefully we get some good news soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:48 PM   #173
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto///M View Post
You and me both brotha. Ive been on the list for awhile as well. Hopefully we get some good news soon.
Word. if you hear an update please share on this thread. I'll do the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #174
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post

This is s serious misconception about CATLESS vs CATTED X Pipes.

The position, density and quality of the CAT's will depend on how much gas flow can pass through them and how much back pressure they impose.

This is a dyno graph of the exact same X Pipe with and without 200 CELL Cat's in the position of the secondary CAT's.

As you can see the difference is only that of two different dyno runs which are rarely exactly the same.

Hope that is useful and people request a HFC. If it's not as powerful then the HFC is not good enough.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #175
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Thanks Sal. I remember when you posted a big thread about how you guys took pressure measurements and and didn't find much (if any) difference with quality 200cpi cats in the secondary positions.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #176
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, G82 M4

Quote:
I think the orders would fill up much quicker if you were given the option of either HFC or resonators. I know it might just not be possible considering how low production this thing is.

Going straight pipes eliminates a lot of muffler choices.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have tested this system with some of the best catalysts out there, HJS. The system exhibited no power loss/gain with minimal changes to sound. For this reason, we will never manufacture the system with catalysts as the system is for off-road use only and will only add weight and heat.

The orders are coming in 1 by 1, hopefully they fill up quick so we can start production sooner than later.

Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr
Phone: 949-233-0448 | E-Mail: info@mrfengineering.com
Appreciate 0