BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

06-19-2023, 09:18 AM   #1
slowe90m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3

2008 E90 6MT 122k miles - $20k

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2008 BMW E90 M3 – 6-speed
122k miles
Jerez Black (I know. Another boring Jerez for sale).
Clean title in hand
IG: wahnsinnig_m3
$20k

THE BAD:

Not aware of rod bearings or throttle actuators being done.

Accidents (as owner):

(1) On the day I picked it up from the shop after having valve covers replaced, brake flush, and new SS brake lines, a young kid in a Dodge Challenger did an illegal U-turn in front of me and I had the choice of colliding with the charger or swerving to hit the pedestrians in the crosswalk. I chose to hit the charger at about 30mph (not a direct hit, just clipped the right rear of the Charger, driver’s side damage to M3. No airbags deployed - see pictures and repair receipt – over $12k in repairs…bonkers).
(2) Hit and run: I was driving down I95 in VA when a Honda was teasing me and letting off the throttle and making loud burple sounds. When I would not bite and continued to mind my own business while listening to the ALL IN Podcast, he made an aggressive move into my lane and bumped my left rear fender at about 70 mph. The Honda immediately braked and took the exit just as I passed it. To this day I am still looking for a four-door white Honda with a white sun strip, riced-out stickers, and an exhaust that sounds like someone farting in a coffee can.

According to Carfax, it was involved in a minor rear collision in California in 2009. The a-pillars seem to have lost the clear coat a bit. No idea. See pictures. There is a carbon-like wrap on the roof. The paint is decent. Cleans up well. Few scratches here and there.

No amplifier: Shortly after taking ownership, extreme, loud static blew a few speakers. Disconnected amplifier and ensured there were no ground issues. Reinstalled the amp and the same thing happened a few months later. Removed the amp and haven’t replaced it or the blown speaker(s).

Part of the center console has come apart – see pictures. Likely due to the previous owner leaving the sunroof open in the rain.

The iDrive works except for maps, and time/date. All the important functions still operate including M settings, oil level, warning indicators, etc.

The driver-side rear window for a reason when you put it up it comes back down halfway. The only solution I have discovered is holding the button up when the window is fully up and releasing it.

The rear window sunshade is broken and does not operate.

The cup holders all function properly 

NEW(ER) PARTS:

Installed 7/29/22
BMW ignition coils, spark plugs, new hood struts
Rear brake wear sensors; rear TPM sensor with stem kit
Installed 3/24/22
New manual trans driveshaft
BMW exhaust gaskets
H&R sport lowering springs; front suspension bump stops; rear suspension ride height leveling rod
Installed 5/6/22
New water pump/alternator tensioner pulley and tensioner
New AC tensioner pulley
New idler pulley with updated mounting bolt
New Main drive belt, AC belt
Coolant flush and fill

MODIFICATIONS:
Macht-Schnell test pipes (welded) – exhaust otherwise is stock.
BPM tune: Raised rev limit, mild burple tune. Forgive me.
SS brake lines
Comes with performance tire and wheel setup:
19” Apex EC-7 Aranthacite wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 295/30/19 rear 265/30/19 front (it does rub a bit in the rear when going over bigger bumps at speed).
New continental rear tires on OEM wheels/Michelin AS3 radials in front

***Car will come with OEM wheels and all-season tires, new brake pads, brake senors, and new steering wheel cover (see pictures).

THE GOOD:
The car runs very strong. The replaced wear items should get this car to 200k miles no problem with proper maintenance. I have always put LiquidMoly in it since owning the car at 90k miles. Unfortunately, the car has not seen the track under my watch 

No lights on the instrument panel. Runs and drives like a scalded dog. If local, more than welcome to come for a ride-a-long or drive…after it warms up to temperature of course.

I WOULD DRIVE THE CAR ANYWHERE WITHOUT ANY CONCERN. I recently drove it to PA and it performed wonderfully in the Allegany mountains.

Car is for sale locally and will be driven to cars and coffee events in the Northern, VA area. Open to rides if you are local.

Attached Images

06-19-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
slowe90m3
Private
Rep

Receipts

Uploaded receipts. Looks like some pics didn't upload, will resolve and upload more.
Attached Images

06-27-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
slowe90m3
Private
Rep

SOLD!