BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #23
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

european delivery. that should be a must for any german sports car. you won't regret it. you only live once right
congratulations. In a previous life I was a mustang fan. I like the new 5.0 though.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #24
datalink7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperlativE90 View Post
You have to remember that melbourne red is also a cop magnet color. As awesome as it looks in person, you will be very easy to spot.
Jerez Black on Fox Red is a very nice color combo and I think it is your best bet because JB is an awesome navy in the sunlight / black at night, and fox red is just gorgeous.
Are you going DCT or 6MT?

EDIT: Have you thought about Space Grey? I saw an E90 M3 in SG on FR and my mouth watered a little bit
Going to go with a 6MT. Regardless of how cool the technology is on the DCT, I just like shifting with a manual. Of course I haven't actually tried a DCT but I think I'd like the 6MT more anyway, and its cheaper on top of it.

I kind of thought about Grey but ultimately didn't like it as much. Of course, I haven't seen it in person. Only color I've seen in person is Silverstone.

Another question. What are opinions on regular vs. extended leather? I'm thinking regular looks better from the photos but again I don't have the benefit of being able to compare in person.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 01:40 AM   #25
FredVMI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

Both color combos are excellent. Between the two, I would go with the MR exterior because it will show the CF roof much better. Again, you can't go wrong with either combo!

Past: E30 M3 /// E28 M5 /// E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #26
SleepyE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bavarian

In my opinion, extended leather is a waste and really does not make much of a difference. In fact, when coupled with Fox Red interior, I think it makes the interior awkward and ugly.
Just my two cents
      04-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #27
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

If you are trying to stay close to a "335" budget, may I suggest:
- Getting the sedan, not coupe
- Going Euro Delivery for an additional 7% saving
- Foregoing Premium and Technology packages and get just Leather and EDC

Just a thought - I don't think it's worth adjusting your spending in order to drive a nicer car. It may seem ok initially, but after 2-3 years of higher than prudent payments you'll probably hate it and get rid of it. Also take into account the extra cost of fuel and insurance.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #28
datalink7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
If you are trying to stay close to a "335" budget, may I suggest:
- Getting the sedan, not coupe
- Going Euro Delivery for an additional 7% saving
- Foregoing Premium and Technology packages and get just Leather and EDC

Just a thought - I don't think it's worth adjusting your spending in order to drive a nicer car. It may seem ok initially, but after 2-3 years of higher than prudent payments you'll probably hate it and get rid of it. Also take into account the extra cost of fuel and insurance.
I do appreciate the advice.

The reason I was looking in the 335 range was that was the area I'd be good with taking a loan out at that price. However, factoring in the money I have saved up and my trade in, I could get an M3 down to the same comfortable loan price. I'd just have to cancel some other things I'd planned on getting for a few months (some new furniture mainly).

Then again I have gone back and forth a few times over the past week thinking I should just get the 335i and save my money, maybe take a vacation to Europe and get new furniture instead.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 02:21 AM   #29
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Why the vacation? With a vacation it's one and done. At least with the M you'd be driving it, every day hopefully, and IMO getting much more for your money. But that's me.
Appreciate 0