BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

10-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Hand Car Wash in Westchester county?

Does anyone have any suggestions of a reputable place? Just picked up my baby and I'm nervous about that very first car wash (and yes, the dust is piling onto it fast!) I would prefer something in Westchester, but if not I am willing to travel farther (Engelwood/Tenafly/areas close to GW bridge/Tappan Zee in NJ). Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

i'd be interested too....turning off the water in the garage pretty soon......so need some place to wash! Anyone...??
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Ah, a fellow Westchester/Bx'er! Is it just me or does every single M3 in our neighborhood seem to be an E92 or E93 in IB? I feel like I've seen 3 in the past week!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Ah, a fellow Westchester/Bx'er! Is it just me or does every single M3 in our neighborhood seem to be an E92 or E93 in IB? I feel like I've seen 3 in the past week!
hahah...well to me ..seeing one is a rarity still. Since I have gotten mine in July...I have only seen mabye about 10 or so in our parts.

Where are you from?
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I live a few miles from White Plains, but work in the Bx. I absolutely love taking the BRP with my new toy . What about you? I see an //M3 maybe once a week around here, but an //M is a rarity indeed around the Bx. I'm amazed how rare the E90s are, I've only seen one other so far (space grey, looked like an '09)

Oh, and where did you get your car from? BMW Manhattan or one of the Westchester dealers?
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e90 m3 07 e90 328xi

THe best place tri state to get a car washed is Classic shine in greenwich, ct 5 minutes over the westchester ny boarder

the owners name is anthony tell him jared levine sent you. he is a friend of my families.

you will see some serious rides there on weekends... i'd call in advance if you can just to not chance weather he'd be ther.

another great place for a quick wash is Puffs Auto Salon in mount kisco. he used to be in armonk but is now on lexington ave. Very good hand car wash no rollers...high end cars i think its under 30 bucks too.

if your going for quality go to classic shine
if you want more speed but still quality go to puff.

tell both of them Jared Levine sent you and they will take care of you.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlnike View Post
THe best place tri state to get a car washed is Classic shine in greenwich, ct 5 minutes over the westchester ny boarder

the owners name is anthony tell him jared levine sent you. he is a friend of my families.

you will see some serious rides there on weekends... i'd call in advance if you can just to not chance weather he'd be ther.

another great place for a quick wash is Puffs Auto Salon in mount kisco. he used to be in armonk but is now on lexington ave. Very good hand car wash no rollers...high end cars i think its under 30 bucks too.

great stuff!!! thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Appreciate it. I'll be sure to give both a try when the time comes

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #9
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

yeah they are both legit.... puffs is a bit lower end but he does quicker hand washes with no apointment needed pulls in to a 5 car garage takes about 20-25 min on the spot

classic shine is higher end prob the same size....kinda need an apointment i think... i always call ahead of time. the best wash/wax/detail ive ever had. very good job. They take time on cars though...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #10
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Puffs Auto Salon

Went there yesterday...it was a bit of a hike but they did a great job! Owner is really friendly, but it only took about 20 minutes. And I got to stand and gawk at the beautiful porsche turbo parked outside .

Highly recommend it if anyone is still looking - it was worth the drive
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 06:21 AM   #11
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

did u mention my name at puffs? How great is it to get your car washed by hand with no rollers or anything and only wait 20 minutes?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #12
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

when you want a really higher end job don't forget about classic shine in greenwich. i went this weekend and it was great to hang out and admire the 2 ferrari 360's, corvette, cl63, e46 m3, and many others.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
when you want a really higher end job don't forget about classic shine in greenwich. i went this weekend and it was great to hang out and admire the 2 ferrari 360's, corvette, cl63, e46 m3, and many others.
I didn't mention your name, I forgot to! But the guy did a great job, so no complaints here.

Classic Shine would be closer for me, but I called them and they said "we don't normally do hand washes". Is it the kind of thing where you just show up? I don't really like having to FORCE people to provide me with a paid service, or perhaps I'm just too impatient lately.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

the guy, anthony, tries to make it a lot higher end so he's looking to do details rather than washes lately...but you can always ask him for an exterior only or something or talk him down. in todays economy he should do hand washes and not just details its hard to talk to people though. he does impecable work there though. I'm gonna get my car detailed there sometime in the next week or two to make sure i have a thick coat of wax before the snow comes.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
JeremyV
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Thumbs up I found a great place for a REAL HAND WASH

I recently brought my car over to the Chappaqua Hand Car Wash in Chappaqua NY and had a great wash and wax. This is old school all the way. No power washing, wool mits (seperate ones for my rims too). Not even a blower to dry my car. Nothing but, a few skilled guys. These were no amateurs. I saw two other BMW's and a Ferrari 450 when I went. Best part is they are open all year round.

www.chappaquahandwash.com
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
JeremyV
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Exclamation Great car wash follow up...

that website is www.thehandwash.com
Check them out...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #17
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

will try this out soon and let you know thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bump for Classic Shine..

My JZB e90 is getting detailed there as we speak... Hopefully anthony has the guys shine up my new AA exhaust tips. IF anyone wants to drive by you know where my car is now....spotted. lol

maybe i'll take pics of his work if anyones interested
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #19
RDW
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW 325CIc

Hand Wash

Benny's Auto Spa 914-574-1803 in Eastchester/Scarsdale on Garth Road by the Bronx River and sort of near the train station

I take my `02 325CIc there, he is great with it, complete hand wash, detail, wax, interior, wheels, attention to detail

and great prices, always comes out brand new clean
bonus he is a genuinely nice guy (even came to my garage and helped me put my hard top on) with a couple of his own BMWs, so care is extra important to him
been taking my car to him since the summer, always get compliments after he cleans it

Last edited by RDW; 01-07-2010 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
Jlnike
First Lieutenant
Rep

so i went to pick it up today at classic shine with my best friend who dropped me off we were admiring it for about 30 seconds because it was 7pm and i was late for dinner. the car was better then showroom floor imaculate. Anthony's guys do an unreal job.... I pulled out of the street and this happened....and my friend following me did it...

I would say the detail job lasted all of 45 seconds!

Light at church street and Putnam ave in greenwich, ct about 500 feet from classic shine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0