BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-05-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E93 M3 DCT

E93 Squeaks and Rattles

I've searched the "rattles" forums and majority of the interior rattle I read about come somewhere from the dash. While I'm certain I probably have those rattles too, especially on unsmooth surfaces, the main squeak/rattle I've recently had pop up, comes from somewhere in the back (inside). I notice this faint little squeak coming somewhere from rear passenger side... it occasionally occurs under early acceleration (assumption is possibly from the vibration of exhaust, resulting in something inside squeaking from said vibration)

I don't know if it's just something with the convertible equipment or not. The Convertible top works fine, but maybe there's something that needs to be lubricated??

Another little rattle or I'd call it a "creak" from inside near the rear sears, typicallly occurs when there's a passenger sitting in the back and I'm going over unsmooth surfaces. It's an occasional creak and rattle. Just a little bothersome but not bad.

Are there any E93 owners out there who can elaborate on the common squeaks and rattles you've come across and how you dealt with them?

Thanks. Zilllion!

DZ
      10-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #2
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger-Zone View Post
I've searched the "rattles" forums and majority of the interior rattle I read about come somewhere from the dash. While I'm certain I probably have those rattles too, especially on unsmooth surfaces, the main squeak/rattle I've recently had pop up, comes from somewhere in the back (inside). I notice this faint little squeak coming somewhere from rear passenger side... it occasionally occurs under early acceleration (assumption is possibly from the vibration of exhaust, resulting in something inside squeaking from said vibration)

I don't know if it's just something with the convertible equipment or not. The Convertible top works fine, but maybe there's something that needs to be lubricated??

Another little rattle or I'd call it a "creak" from inside near the rear sears, typicallly occurs when there's a passenger sitting in the back and I'm going over unsmooth surfaces. It's an occasional creak and rattle. Just a little bothersome but not bad.

Are there any E93 owners out there who can elaborate on the common squeaks and rattles you've come across and how you dealt with them?

Thanks. Zilllion!

DZ
https://www.amazon.com/nextzett-9148.../dp/B004B8GTQG

Thank me later.

Treat it like franks red hot and put that sh*t on everything that's rubber.

Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 3
      10-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Thanks. Zilllion!

DZ
wow, crazy I was about to post the same thing .. my E90 had similar creaking noises from the year end, inside, when going over uneven surfaces. I couldn't tell if it was the windows or doors...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedE93 View Post
Quote:

Thanks. Zilllion!

DZ

Thank me later.

Sweeeet! Thanks a million
      10-07-2018, 09:22 PM   #5
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks. Zilllion!

DZ

Thank me later.

Is this sound, and your recommended remedy, specific to the e93? trying to figure out if my E90 is the same thing... where exactly do you apply this on yours?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
WickedE93
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Is this sound, and your recommended remedy, specific to the e93? trying to figure out if my E90 is the same thing... where exactly do you apply this on yours?
It should work on any rubber that has gotten stiff from age or weathering. The E93 has a lot more and it works wonders and if you're having a similar issue to what we experience on our cars it should remedy your issue as well.
Gintani Supercharger/ Gintani x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #7
Danger-Zone
Mmmm3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
It should work on any rubber that has gotten stiff from age or weathering. The E93 has a lot more and it works wonders and if you're having a similar issue to what we experience on our cars it should remedy your issue as well.
I ordered mine. Looks fairly simple, just squeeze bottle and let foam applicator fill with the liquid/chemical and then wipe on the rubber parts.

The top as a good amount of the rubber. Should I coat the seals in between the 3 layered hard top? I imagine the answer is Yes! Lol.

What about the plastic components that also may be culprits? It's hard to identify the tiny little creaks and ticks. It's not bad, but I notice things when it's silent in the car and I happen to traverse pavement that isn't very "paved"
      11-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #8
gearhead888
Private
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

I just treated mine this evening with the Sonax GummiPfleger, I needed to restock on Sonax wheel cleaner so I figured might as well try theirs...they make some amazing products!

Ill report back on the seals in a few days!

Anyone else hear a loud pop when initially opening their E93 top?
Appreciate 0