BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

09-28-2019, 02:43 AM   #1
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i (SOLD) E92M3 (SOLD)

2010 E92, Alpine White, 6MT, Carbon Roof, Extended Leather, only 29K miles!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
2010 BMW M3 Coupe
29K miles
Alpine White
6MT
Carbon Roof
Carbon interior trim
Extended Palladium leather
Nav
Comfort Access
Power seats
EDC
Power Folding mirrors
Rear seat fold-down w/pass-through
Bluetooth Phone
220 wheels (Staggered)
(Car came fully optioned for a 2010 MY except for: Individual Audio, Sunroof, DCT)
All records/receipts
Manual
Oil changed every 5k
BMW rubber floor mats (not in pics)
Always garaged
VIN:WBSWD9C50AP362549
Last 7 digits of VIN for a complete option list:
https://www.mdecoder.com/decode/p362549

Additions/Extras:
OEM 359 ZCP staggered wheels. These have some curb rash and one of the wheels has a small bend on the inner barrel so they will need to be refinished IMHO. Looks like maybe previous owner ran over a nail/screw?
OEM Alcantara Performance steering wheel with Blue stripe (purchased from a forum member in like new condition. This was off of his 6MT Lime Rock)
OEM Modded muffler by EAS (Bypass method. I have a stock muffler)
K&N filter element (By previous owner)
stock motor
Window Tint (By previous owner, not sure of % maybe medium 30-40%?)
OEM Gloss Black Kidney grills (Have the stock set)
OEM Carbon Fiber high kick rear spoiler (not cheap eBay but BMW OEM. I have the stock white spoiler)
European front plate, number custom pressed to match the license plate numbers to satisfy California Vehicle code: CVC5201 (underneath there are NO holes drilled for plate mounting, used 3M double-sided trim tape for mounting)
Bavarian Technic Scan tool
Tunai Firefly (Bluetooth adapter so you can stream music from your phone)
Replaced amber running/halo lights with higher 5K kelvin LED

No accidents / Clean Title. I own the car so I have the title in hand ready to sign over to new owner. I purchased the car from a forum member last June with 20,200 miles. I flew up to Seattle to buy it and drove it down to SoCal. Mileage is 29,823 as of today 9/27/19. It’s my daily driver so miles will go up at a ~500 miles per month rate. I am the third owner. If you pull a VIN check it may incorrectly mention more owners but this is because the previous owner to me was in the Navy and moved often so every time he registered the car in a different area it somehow is reporting him as a new owner. I have all of the maintenance records from this owner and they go back to 10/9/2013 so this will prove the multiple owners since that date as incorrect. I had a PPI performed today 9/27/2019 by EAS reporting a clean bill of health with no issues. Inspection mechanic Sam mentioned to me that the car is in excellent shape inside and out and went out of his way to let me know this when the car was turned over to me. I also had EAS do an oil change today (Castrol TWS 10W-60) since I was close to the 30K mark. I previously changed the oil myself at 25,500 miles (have the parts receipt from FCP Euro)

Only issue I have had with this car since I’ve owned it was the car would not accept to be fueled up more than a dollar at a time without shutting the fuel station’s hand pump off. The previous owner said he just dealt with it. But I could not and knew something was definitely wrong so I had had the dealer look at the issue and they found it to be a bad charcoal canister and replaced it. The dealer also performed the blower motor recall during that visit. No other problems since then. I just a few weeks ago received a recall notice for the battery cable so I have an appointment this Monday 9/30/19 to get that taken care of.

This is my dream car and researched for two years before being in a position to buy it. When I was finally in a position to buy last year I was like many prospective E9X buyers just “looking for a 11-13 ZCP car” with a 6MT and Carbon roof with as low miles as possible (preferably under 50k miles) for my max budget of 37-38k. When this car came up for sale for $36k with 20k miles I told myself I’ll just buy some ZCP wheels and put them on myself and save the 5k or more it would have cost me to buy a low mileage ZCP car with similar options as this car. Even now, low mileage ZCP cars with 6MT and carbon roof spec’d cars are still mostly selling for high 30’s and in some instances well into the 40’s. And the main difference from those cars to mine: ZCP wheels and LCI tail lights. Both of which can be retrofitted.

So why am I selling? This is an amazing car but as a daily driver it has really wore me down. Driving the freeway every day to work in stop and go traffic, I’m not able to drive the car like it’s meant to be driven. So in addition to the freeway daily grind, my wife is not able to drive a stick shift, so it’s not a practical family car for me while I still have kids at home. I tried the idea of keeping the car in the garage for weekends while I purchased a beater car to drive to work in but we just can’t afford an additional car with expenses and college tuition coming up for the kids who are getting older.

I am posting it for sale at $34,500 without the ZCP wheels and performance steering wheel, or $35,500 with the ZCP wheels & performance steering wheel. I feel that this is what the car is worth with the miles and condition it is in along with the spec it has. I am not in a rush to sell the car so if it takes a few months to sell that’s ok.

For the people who are just interested in the wheels and steering wheel: please do not ask me to sell these while I have the car still for sale. I will be allowing the person interested in buying the car the choice if they want to pay the extra 1k amount for these or not. If not, then I’ll be perfectly happy to sell the car for $34,500 and then I’ll sell the wheels and the steering wheel separately on the classifieds after the car sells.

As much as I could write in this post, I’m sure there may still be questions or other inquiries. Feel free to send me a PM and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. I am busy at work and not able to check pm’s during the day and am busy with kid stuff usually after work but I should be able to get to you within 24 hours.

Attached Images

Last edited by jv92red; 10-22-2019 at 11:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 01:11 AM   #2
F80Juan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3

Beautiful car in great shape. GLWS!
Appreciate 1
jv92red143.00
      10-02-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Battery cable recall completed. Car is all caught up on recalls.

PM's replied.

Thanks for your interest in the ZCP wheels and steering wheel. I will be offering them with the car if the buyer is interested but I may change my mind down the road if the car is still for sale and sell them separately and adjust the car price accordingly. Just giving potential buyers more options for the time being.

Also, regarding the 35k/36k price, I feel the price is competitive and I believe the lowest priced example for an E92 6MT Carbon roof car with less than 40K miles. If someone can provide me a link to a similar spec'd E92 with similar miles priced lower with a clean title no accident history then I will reconsider my pricing.

Thanks again for your interest!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
RoyRoberson
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT - time to replace

Interested

Is the car still available?
Unusual interior color, where can I see it in person?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
RoyRoberson
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 6MT - time to replace

Interested

Is the car still available?
Unusual interior color, where can I see it in person?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, car is still available.

I don't see extended Palladium leather cars for sale very much. Palladium Silver is one of those love it or hate it colors for the interior of these cars as far as popular opinion on this forum goes. When I saw the interior in person I loved it.

I live in Brea (North OC) Feel free to send me a PM or text if you have any questions. PM Sent.

Last edited by jv92red; 10-11-2019 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

TTT for a low mile E92
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 11:40 PM   #8
jv92red
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Price drop to $34,500
($35,500 with ZCP wheels and BMW Performance steering wheel)
Appreciate 0