BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

10-19-2021, 04:50 AM   #243
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Hi Rob - a gentle reminder, I am still expecting mine.
Thanks in advance!
Has anyone heard from Rob?

It is more than a month since his last post, and he has not responded to any of my emails since the end of August.

I hope everything is OK with him.
      10-19-2021, 05:08 AM   #244
Snappa2000
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Has anyone heard from Rob?

It is more than a month since his last post, and he has not responded to any of my emails since the end of August.

I hope everything is OK with him.
Yes I have.
Email him on rlitt636@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:06 PM   #245
Gotboost79
Private
Rep
Drives: E30, E36 m3/4/6 S54, E92 M3 AW

Anyone having issues not being able to connect Bluetooth? I keep getting “Accessory not supported” flashing nonstop on my iPhone. I’m using iPhone 11pro and even tried on my iPhone 8 just to see if it would work but getting the same message on both.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:09 PM   #246
nibty
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotboost79 View Post
Anyone having issues not being able to connect Bluetooth? I keep getting “Accessory not supported” flashing nonstop on my iPhone.
I have not any issues connecting.

Which iPhone model and iOS version are you running? Have to done the usual things such are reboot the phone, forget the Bluetooth connection, reset the network settings?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:10 PM   #247
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibty View Post
I have not any issues connecting.

Which iPhone model and iOS version are you running? Have to done the usual things such are reboot the phone, forget the Bluetooth connection, reset the network settings?
I’ve tried it all, still getting that message.

I’m using iOS 15, latest. iPhone 11pro and 8, tried both phones and it’s doing the same.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 12:24 PM   #248
drwankel
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP, 2021 M340i

How are you setting it up? Directly from the carplay app? or trying to connect to bluetooth to mr12volt first?

I did it straight from carplay. Launch the carplay app- then add it in the carplay section of general settings. It adds the bluetooth profile while setting up the carplay profile.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #249
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
How are you setting it up? Directly from the carplay app? or trying to connect to bluetooth to mr12volt first?

I did it straight from carplay. Launch the carplay app- then add it in the carplay section of general settings. It adds the bluetooth profile while setting up the carplay profile.
It says connected but soon as I go to Apple CarPlay, my phone shows Accessory not supported”. I tried this on 3 separate phones and emailed mr12volt numerous times since Saturday but this guy doesn’t reply. At this point i want to rip this thing out and return it all.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #250
drwankel
Major
Rep

Delete your bluetooth profile, and then launch carplay. Connect with the carplay section of general settings. Don't setup a bluetooth connection manually- let carplay setup the bluetooth profile.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 01:34 PM   #251
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:
Delete your bluetooth profile, and then launch carplay. Connect with the carplay section of general settings. Don't setup a bluetooth connection manually- let carplay setup the bluetooth profile.
Yeah I tried that and same message, Accessory not supported, every time. I’ve exhausted like every different way, downloaded the mlink to see if I can mirror, nothing. USB nothing…. I coded w BimmerCode per instruction op laid out. Do I just have a faulty unit?

I’m waiting for a reply from custom support but nothing yet. Frustrating as hell since the inside of my car is apart.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 01:50 PM   #252
netcsk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90 325, e30 325, e46 m3, 2002

Quote:
Yeah I tried that and same message, Accessory not supported, every time. I’ve exhausted like every different way, downloaded the mlink to see if I can mirror, nothing. USB nothing…. I coded w BimmerCode per instruction op laid out. Do I just have a faulty unit?

I’m waiting for a reply from custom support but nothing yet. Frustrating as hell since the inside of my car is apart.
I have similar but not the same issues with carplay. Mine will connect to Bluetooth and play audio through Bluetooth fine, but not to carplay wired or wireless. I don't get any error messages, it just never connects, though the phone does show the mr12volt unit as a carplay device. It is perfect with android auto. It's been going on for several weeks now and support is supposed to have something for me this week, which I will update here. I've been patient because I'm an android user, but the wife is iphone.

Message them on WhatsApp to +85297180288 (per their website). They respond quickly there versus a week for email, in my experience.

Last edited by netcsk; 10-19-2021 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 02:24 PM   #253
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by netcsk View Post
I have similar but not the same issues with carplay. Mine will connect to Bluetooth and play audio through Bluetooth fine, but not to carplay wired or wireless. I don't get any error messages, it just never connects, though the phone does show the mr12volt unit as a carplay device. It is perfect with android auto. It's been going on for several weeks now and support is supposed to have something for me this week, which I will update here. I've been patient because I'm an android user, but the wife is iphone.

Message them on WhatsApp to 852 6066 8491. They respond quickly there versus a week for email, in my experience.
Appreciate your feedback…I was thinking this is just me since for the most part everyone seems to have their unit working fine.

I’ll message them on WhatsApp and try to get a response back. Glad that you’re in the same boat, hoping they have a resolution.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #254
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
I'm not sure if this will help but I may try a mono to stereo 3.5" adapter when I go back to relocate everything once I get a longer LVDS female to male cable for 1 series fitment (under passenger vent).
I'm positive it wont. Before I installed my mr12volt unit, I took the included MIC, and busted out my ohm meter to confirm if it was a mono mic or not. It absolutely is. I can measure resistance on one channel, and the other is completely open. That extra channel on the plug was probably because they could get stereo plugs cheaper/easier than mono plugs if I had to guess.
Is it possible that open channel is causing the feedback on the female side of things in the box itself when you stick in a TS mono plug? I think that may be why the audio is so bad. Even though it's a mono setup on the male TRS plug, the female end is possibly causing feedback or a connection issue when you insert a mono TS male plug in the TRS female end. Like wouldn't that extra pin inside cause a feedback loop or somthing because it's contacting the same sleeve on the mono TS plug? I'd love to get this aspect resolved. Although looking at the oem mic internals, it's possible that the signal is digital? In my Andream setup the yellow and black wires from the splitter would go directly into the MMI and I assume fed back via the quad lock connection or aux.

We got any electricians out here lol.

The supplied mic seems very basic, the oem mic has a dedicated board with more complex electronics IDK.

Worst case I may just conceal the aftermarket mic in the unused slot beside the OEM mic. I will need to remove the plastic part that's blocking the felt. I assume this is for right hand drive markets.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 04:46 PM   #255
drwankel
Major
Rep

That is an interesting thought. I suppose it depends if the female connector in the mr12volt unit is a stereo or mono connection. If its a mono connection on the female side, then it shouldn't made any difference.

I too was thinking about using the blank mic spot for the mr12volt mic.

At this point- I'm more concerned with seeing the bass issue resolved.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #256
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:
That is an interesting thought. I suppose it depends if the female connector in the mr12volt unit is a stereo or mono connection. If its a mono connection on the female side, then it shouldn't made any difference.

I too was thinking about using the blank mic spot for the mr12volt mic.

At this point- I'm more concerned with seeing the bass issue resolved.
I got the Bluetooth music streaming to work, sound wise, it’s excellent. I’m not having issues with the bass, sounds just like cd/mp3 from cic. Also, the mic splitter I bought from 550i is working out perfect. I tested a few calls on M12v unit and works just like oem in terms of sound quality. Are you guys using a different mic splitter? FYI, I didn’t use 3.5 jack extension as I placed my module right next to the steering column behind the plastic trim but removed the hard foam piece to do so.

Only if I can get the apple CarPlay or mirroring to work….both not connecting at the moment.
Appreciate 1
dandandan101.50
      10-19-2021, 05:38 PM   #257
drwankel
Major
Rep

There may be a new firmware available. The current 9/16 firmware update is labeled as version 1.4, but the actual download points at a version 1.5.

No idea what is different, no change log update yet.
Appreciate 1
dandandan101.50
      10-19-2021, 09:46 PM   #258
SocalM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Mineral White M3

Quote:
I got the Bluetooth music streaming to work, sound wise, it’s excellent. I’m not having issues with the bass, sounds just like cd/mp3 from cic. Also, the mic splitter I bought from 550i is working out perfect. I tested a few calls on M12v unit and works just like oem in terms of sound quality. Are you guys using a different mic splitter? FYI, I didn’t use 3.5 jack extension as I placed my module right next to the steering column behind the plastic trim but removed the hard foam piece to do so.

Only if I can get the apple CarPlay or mirroring to work….both not connecting at the moment.
Is it possible that you are still using the mic connected to the OEM bluetooth phone system rather than the Mr12Volt Carplay? You can test this by disconnecting the mic cable from the Mr12Volt unit and see if you can still make a call.
E34 Alpine White II M5
E28 Black M5
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2021, 11:25 PM   #259
drwankel
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalM3 View Post
Is it possible that you are still using the mic connected to the OEM bluetooth phone system rather than the Mr12Volt Carplay? You can test this by disconnecting the mic cable from the Mr12Volt unit and see if you can still make a call.
I think the giveaway in this case is if it switches to idrive to make the call.

I've had 2 calls in my car since I installed the unit. 1st call was one I initiated from carplay, and that handed over to the oem bluetooth system. Idrive call screen kicked in over the mr12volt. Switched back to mr12volt once I ended the call.

The second call was one I received while in carplay, and that one did not switch over to the idrive call system- call was completely in carplay and as such it was using the mic plugged into the mr12volt, and in my case the mic splitter cable. (and sounded awful)

I'd suspect you are only using the oem bluetooth system if the idrive call screen kicks in, granted my sample base here is pretty low.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #260
Gotboost79
Private
Rep

Quote:

I've had 2 calls in my car since I installed the unit. 1st call was one I initiated from carplay, and that handed over to the oem bluetooth system. Idrive call screen kicked in over the mr12volt. Switched back to mr12volt once I ended the call.

The second call was one I received while in carplay, and that one did not switch over to the idrive call system- call was completely in carplay and as such it was using the mic plugged into the mr12volt, and in my case the mic splitter cable. (and sounded awful)

I'd suspect you are only using the oem bluetooth system if the idrive call screen kicks in, granted my sample base here is pretty low.
I had a choice on my phone to choose either bmw or mr12v during a call while testing. Have to say the sound quality was exactly the same for both. I didn’t get any distortion. This was done on Bluetooth mode as my CarPlay isn’t working at the moment. Assume it would be the same in CarPlay for folks who have it working. I used the mic splitter and not the supplied mic from mr12v.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 01:22 PM   #261
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Quote:

I had a choice on my phone to choose either bmw or mr12v during a call while testing. Have to say the sound quality was exactly the same for both. I didn't get any distortion. This was done on Bluetooth mode as my CarPlay isn't working at the moment. Assume it would be the same in CarPlay for folks who have it working. I used the mic splitter and not the supplied mic from mr12v.
Interesting, I didn't think to test the mic splitter in any other environment other than wireless CarPlay mode. That's how I'll be using the box 99% of the time.

Is anyone able to confirm the splitter works clearly for them in wireless CarPlay mode?

Also an image of the splitter supplied would be really helpful.

I'm currently using the splitter that came with my Andream but I suspect the one you guys got is the same. Anyone able to confirm that.

Thanks again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 01:39 PM   #262
nibty
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 Competition

I just ran some tests using iOS 15.1 RC, and all the issues still exist. The Waze audio issues are still there. My mic sound quality is still dogshit using wireless Carplay and through the p2000 Bluetooth non-Carplay interface. I'm using the mic supplied by Rob on this forum (I don't think it's the same as the Andream one above, but I can't remember exactly what it looked like). And most importantly for me, the lack of bass. I really hope that is not a hardware issue.

Unfortunately for me, I stripped my brembo brake caliper bracket this weekend, so I guess I won't be using the module anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2021, 04:55 PM   #263
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappa2000 View Post
Yes I have.
Email him on rlitt636@gmail.com
Thank you - this is the email that I have been using, but I am not getting a response, since 29 August.
      10-20-2021, 09:51 PM   #264
djan9el
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Also, the mic splitter I bought from 550i is working out perfect.
What mic splitter are you using? Can you post a link or some information about it?
Appreciate 0