BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

01-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #45
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Just got mine in the mail. These things are absolute works of art. I can't wait to get them on the car and see how they perform. Hopefully within a few weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
DRLane3982.50
///Mobbin1476.50
rhyary1563.00
Kelse921131.50
SYT_Shadow11467.00
b4hand661.00
      01-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #46
///Mobbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Seriously cannot wait for folks to put some time in on these and provide some reviews, thanks to all who took the initial plunge!
      01-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #47
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Need to get two sets:
One for the car, the other for the living room wall.
Appreciate 5
Kelse921131.50
///Mobbin1476.50
Lienrocs701.00
tsk941522.00
      01-20-2021, 01:57 PM   #48
dmitriyo
overnight engineer
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Great stuff! Looking forward to all the feedback.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      01-20-2021, 02:03 PM   #49
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Just got mine in the mail. These things are absolute works of art. I can't wait to get them on the car and see how they perform. Hopefully within a few weeks.
You got two sets? Or is 1 for the M4GTS?

They look incredible buddy! Excited for mine to come in.
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 05:32 PM   #50
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidetailing View Post
Quote:
You got two sets? Or is 1 for the M4GTS?

They look incredible buddy! Excited for mine to come in.
Two sets. One for the car and one for the wall of cool stuff. I may snag a 1M in the near future so wanted a set for it, potentially as well. If I end up just putting them on a shelf and drooling over them I won't be too mad either.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #51
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
Need to get two sets:
One for the car, the other for the living room wall.
Actually though. They're too cool to hide away to rarely be seen.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:48 AM   #52
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Quote:
Two sets. One for the car and one for the wall of cool stuff. I may snag a 1M in the near future so wanted a set for it, potentially as well. If I end up just putting them on a shelf and drooling over them I won't be too mad either.
What's your IG?!

If you ever feel comfortable sharing, I'd love to see your current wall of call stuff!!
- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:56 AM   #53
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidetailing View Post
Quote:
What's your IG?!

If you ever feel comfortable sharing, I'd love to see your current wall of call stuff!!
Mountains_2_sea. There isn't a cool stuff wall picture up but I may be able to take one.

Most notable item is the mirrors off of Alan Jones' world champion year F1 car.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #54
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Has anyone installed these yet? I hit a snag. The new upright is threaded where the caliper bracket mounts to it... I'm not really sure what to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #55
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Has anyone installed these yet? I hit a snag. The new upright is threaded where the caliper bracket mounts to it... I'm not really sure what to do.
Who needs calipers? They just weigh you down lol

Have you contacted strom?
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      01-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #56
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stE92M3 View Post
Quote:

I haven't contacted them yet, it's a weekend. I'm gonna call them first thing Monday morning and see what's what.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 07:02 PM   #57
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't contacted them yet, it's a weekend. I'm gonna call them first thing Monday morning and see what's what.
I haven't installed yet. Just check mine and it's threaded as well.
Im sure Strom will provide a solution. But I think I'll mill mine myself with my mill.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #58
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Im sure Strom will provide a solution. But I think I'll mill mine myself with my mill.
Well just rub it in why don't you, I want a mill. I'm gonna have to find a machine shop if the solution isn't staring me in the face. I'm hoping it's one of those things that's so overt it's covert and they'll be good to bolt on.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #59
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well just rub it in why don't you, I want a mill. I'm gonna have to find a machine shop if the solution isn't staring me in the face. I'm hoping it's one of those things that's so overt it's covert and they'll be good to bolt on.
Well it can be drilled out. I'm assuming its m10 or m12. And just needs the threads to be drilled. I'll use my mill just because it's easier for me. But a hand drill is just fine. But I understand it may fell weird since we paid $3k
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 08:30 PM   #60
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well it can be drilled out. I'm assuming its m10 or m12. And just needs the threads to be drilled. I'll use my mill just because it's easier for me. But a hand drill is just fine. But I understand it may fell weird since we paid $3k
Yeah. A hand drill will suffice. You're just knocking some threads off but I just don't wanna ruin my shiny new parts.
Appreciate 1
tlrid3r513.50
      02-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #61
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Second update for all you DIYer's. When you go to install the hubs make sure you have a very thin wall socket. I'm using a sonic 18 mm and I can't tighten down the lower two bolts. Just a heads up.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 11:33 PM   #62
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Second update for all you DIYer's. When you go to install the hubs make sure you have a very thin wall socket. I'm using a sonic 18 mm and I can't tighten down the lower two bolts. Just a heads up.
thanks for the update, I got an email from Strom mentioning your find with the threaded caliper mount. thank you for the leg work on that part.

which two lower bolts are you talking about? To mount the hub bearing?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 08:19 AM   #63
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
thanks for the update, I got an email from Strom mentioning your find with the threaded caliper mount. thank you for the leg work on that part.

thanks
No problem!

Correct. The lower two bolts to mount the upright to the bearing. I may just have some thick tools but just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can plan accordingly.
Appreciate 1
tlrid3r513.50
      02-14-2021, 08:47 PM   #64
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks
No problem!

Correct. The lower two bolts to mount the upright to the bearing. I may just have some thick tools but just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can plan accordingly.
Just installed one side. I'll install the driver side another day. Install was a easy and straight forward. I didn't have issues with the 2 lower bolts. Mainly because I had upgraded to ARP bolts and it uses a 12 point m14 socket. I did have issue with my brake cooling duct. Clearly it was made for OEM upright. So modifications was necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #65
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks
No problem!

Just installed one side. I'll install the driver side another day. Install was a easy and straight forward. I didn't have issues with the 2 lower bolts. Mainly because I had upgraded to ARP bolts and it uses a 12 point m14 socket. I did have issue with my brake cooling duct. Clearly it was made for OEM upright. So modifications was necessary.
Which bolts did you upgrade? Can you share a link to arp website? Ty!
Lienrocs701.00
      02-17-2021, 10:19 PM   #66
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

thanks
No problem!

Which bolts did you upgrade? Can you share a link to arp website? Ty!
I replace the hub bearing every year since I mainly track my car and it's a maintenance item for me. So the oem bolts are one time use. With ARP they can be reused since the strength is much higher and better fastener. so worth it.

here is a link. direct replacement and exact size, but 12 point head to make it easy to install.
https://arp-bolts.com/kits/arpkit-de...?RecordID=3050
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
italyix140.50
rhyary1563.00
///Mobbin1476.50