BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

02-02-2023, 09:31 AM   #1409
Adam2JZZZ
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 335D 400HP + Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Well this is my post, on this thread, regarding using the OE microphone and a Y cable...
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=649

Now I do use the iDrive OE Bluetooth for calls, so I have no issues there, and then for talking to Siri or Google this seems to pick my voice up fine with the Y cable and same microphone. I have tested it with a Bluetooth phone call before (I called my work mobile and left a message to listen back to) and the voice pick-up wasn't good, but it does seem to work OK for Siri and Google, so that's how I use it.

Assuming you do have OE Bluetooth, then this is a good way to work it anyway.
My reasoning for that is that if you have the Bluetooth connection to Mr12volt for calls, but you just happen to be listening to the radio at the time a call comes in then you'd have to switch back to Mr12volt before you can answer it, otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear them talking. With using the OE Bluetooth then you can answer a call without having to do anything else because it takes over any other operation you are currently using.
Ah got ya ! Was wondering if just simply buying a seinheisser mic etc would make a world of difference. I noticed there is an update for the p2000 which states improved bt call quality
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2023, 11:38 AM   #1410
DavesZed
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam2JZZZ View Post
Ah got ya ! Was wondering if just simply buying a seinheisser mic etc would make a world of difference. I noticed there is an update for the p2000 which states improved bt call quality
I have the latest update but haven't tried another test of the microphone yet.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2023, 07:35 PM   #1411
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Iíve had my unit installed for a few weeks now and am really liking it. The audio quality is fantastic, massive improvement over my past Bluetooth setup.

Thereís just one small issue I have been trying to find a solution for. The volume/power/mute button doesnít work within CarPlay, it just backs out to iDrive. I wish there was an easier way to pause music other than going into the app within CarPlay and pausing it there.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 05:33 AM   #1412
DavesZed
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 23i, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
Iíve had my unit installed for a few weeks now and am really liking it. The audio quality is fantastic, massive improvement over my past Bluetooth setup.

Thereís just one small issue I have been trying to find a solution for. The volume/power/mute button doesnít work within CarPlay, it just backs out to iDrive. I wish there was an easier way to pause music other than going into the app within CarPlay and pausing it there.
If you're playing music via an app like Apple Music or Spotify, then as long as you have the Play/Pause button highlighted (ie: where the current curser point is) then if you press the iDrive controller it will pause the music. Then pressing it again will continue play.

My Z4 E89 YouTube channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtt...0vHFUQnoEvKB2Q
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 11:10 AM   #1413
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam M View Post
What are the current recommended audio settings on the dsp and, are these with the cic audio set to flat?

I have the individual/premium system but Iím concerned about what happens to the stock audio outside of CarPlay audio settings.

If you have the individual audio, I recommend using the equalizer settings posted years ago on this forum by Malek in your iDrive and using a flat (unmodulated) setting on the Mr12Volt. This was my approach in my last e9x m3 with that audio package and another carplay box.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...dividual+audio

currently I have an e9x with the 676 HiFi but an aftermarket digital amp. I have the Mr12Volt set as flat or neutral and use the amp's app software to do all the tuning.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #1414
Pacific Standard
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

For CCC, does anyone have a video of the interface working for AA? My issue is I feel navigating the AA screens is clunky without touch screen. Carplay is better set up for that, I think. Thanks!
Appreciate 0