BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Cosmin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: german v6

Leather seats safe cleaning <D180> Review with pictures

When comes to cleaning leather the only thing i use on leather is D180 ( read : no steamer, no apc or any other things/cleaners )

D180 is meguiar`s leather cleaner conditioner. for public can be purchase in sample of 12 oz around 7$ , or in gallon for more / detailer use.
one seat should take between 5 minutes up to 20 minutes (when soiled)
Depends how bad the leather condition is i do one or 2 applications for cleaning and the 3rd one for "conditioner" where the product is light wipe.
i use it with a soft brush (1in and half , soft-hair) i apply the product on the brush and i work the seat strategic , in steps. u agitate the product to make sure goes anywhere on seat surface and wipe with mf towel.
- when use with the brush keep on eye on any splater , if use too much product, wipe any splater from leather, try don`t leave it too long, has cleaning agents.
- always wipe with mf towel so the leather is even covered.
- once u start you wanna do the whole seat/ interior seats , if not will be visible difference
- the product has a light learning curve but once u use it it should be easy on/off , just wipe the excess to even the application if not the excess it may be visible too shiny.
- when first applied on seats it may look greasy at the momment you work the paste , but after 1-2 hours the finish is natural , and nice to touch , gives a light shine of the leather but not any extreme glare.
that`s my experience with D180, very affordable , safe on leather ,good working time , quality results.
i use it on different vehicles , color , and very soft leather
some pictures to sustain the one above:
motorcycle jacket 50/50 test:

Audi S4
before:

after:

Bentley
before

after

Ferrari after ( roof , door ,seats)

BMW Z4
before