BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #1
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

E46 Sub-frame Class Action settlement

I received some news many E46 drivers have been waiting to hear for some time. BMW has agreed to a proposed settlement for the sub-frame issues on the E46.

From: http://www.bimmerfile.com/2009/05/30...on-settlement/

BMWNA E46 Class Action Settlement
Sections: E46 3 Series | Official News | Recalls/Bulletins | Safety | Video May 30th, 2009 No Comments /Edit
Many owners of 99-06 model year BMW 3 series vehicles have reported failures of the rear-axle supports in the vehicles sub-frame caused by cracking and defects. BMW has steadfastly denied any charges of wrongdoing made against it in the lawsuit but has issued the following statement and owners or leasees can refer to an established website for further information.

BMW NA Official Statement. BMW has agreed to a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit concerning the Sub-Frame structures on 3 Series (“E46”) models produced from 1999 through 2006. Under rare conditions the attachment points of the Sub-Frame may develop a fracture or crack. BMW has prepared an inspection, approved repair procedure, and reimbursement policy in keeping with the terms of the proposed class settlement. Details will be forthcoming, pending the court’s final approval of the proposed class settlement. In advance of the final settlement, BMW customers with questions should visit www.E46subframeclassactionsettlement.com.

Here is a video displaying the aforementioned fracture:
      05-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Thanks for posting this up... I'll have to tell a couple of my friends that are less knowledgeable on cars to have theirs checked out...
Appreciate 0