BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #23
stevenross
General
Rep
Drives: a ride

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW X5 3.Slow  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgz View Post
Just buy the damn thing .. at least that's what I'm planning to do .. I'll get a tax write off for the depreciation (if you own a business) and keep it for while on top of that. Take advantage of (end of model year) low financing rates and do European delivery and it'll be close to an approx. $700-$800 2-term lease. Then sell it if you want.

.. you'll be in the car for about 6-7 years to amortize the cost over a longer period of time .. but hey .. I'd live with this car for a decade if I had to and enjoy every moment of it.

Another thing .. those leases on a steal were ALL 6MT (no DCTs) ! I knew about them and could have taken one but wifey said .. "sorry baby .. too much money if I can't drive it hunny" .. so much fr that.

Don't whine and worry about what someone else got .. live life fr yourself.
thank you kqz.. i have always leased.. but i will consider financing with this one.. you are right about all of the steals being 6MT, thats what i am finding out there, and i need DCT for the wife as well, i am coming out of a 6MT now..

so have you priced the financing? are you getting 700-800 for a well optioned E93? is that for 60 mos?

another question.. if you buy this thing vs. leasing.. do you think after a few years there will be some equity in the car? i am always under the assumption that you are upside down?

thanks in advance..

ur right about living for yourself..

Steven
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #24
edcvin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5 | 2011 M3 | 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Me too, last Jan!

$560/mo 3K down (3Yr 10K/yr) . '08 E90 M3 6MT, ZPP

~$900 of the 3K down was ($500 BMWCCA rebate, $350 disposal fee (recovered) I had considered it lost as I wasn't planning on getting a new BMW until later this year, but got it back after I jumped on the left over '08 deals).

It bums me to think that after this lease is up I'll be looking at $1K plus to lease a similar vehicle. This might be my first/last M, though I don't know how I'm ever going to trade down

This is quite true which is why I am pretty much set on buying this vehicle. In my eyes its so worth it. Does anyone care to elaborate on the "BMW Select" program?

-Vin
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #25
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Just got a fully loaded E92 and went with the Select program. Paying $810/ month, $0 out of pocket. It was one of the last 09's they had. Lowest they would go on the lease was $1380/month which was not going to happen. My boss pays $1440/month for his M5 which had a sticker of $98k. I don't imagine they are leasing too many of these cars right now.

Gone: 05 E46 M3, Carbon Black, Red Interior
Gone: 02 330ci, Jet Black
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 12:10 AM   #26
kgz
Rep
Drives: Honda Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenross View Post
thank you kqz.. i have always leased.. but i will consider financing with this one.. you are right about all of the steals being 6MT, thats what i am finding out there, and i need DCT for the wife as well, i am coming out of a 6MT now..

so have you priced the financing? are you getting 700-800 for a well optioned E93? is that for 60 mos?

another question.. if you buy this thing vs. leasing.. do you think after a few years there will be some equity in the car? i am always under the assumption that you are upside down?

thanks in advance..

ur right about living for yourself..

Steven
Well .. to get a low APR (if at all) you probably will have to wait it out first (i.e. close to the end of the model year) unless you can find a leftover MY 2009 close to you specification.

On the 2010 you may not get 0.9% .. but let's say a conservative 2.9-3.9% (else I just don't see them moving such a car .. economy is still going to be in the tanks from a Job Market standpoint mid-2010). The only way you will come out ahead in a buy decision will be if you keep the car for close to 7 years. I also recommend you do European Delivery ( .. well .. you may not really "save" .. but hell ... running the //M on the autobahn and through the alps is worth it .. something you wouldn't have been able to do if you picked it up stateside on a good deal). I've seen people negotiate close to 250-500 over ED INVOICE which is a good $3K-3.5K lower than US INVOICE.

My best guess is (no exact math here) .. after 6-7 years (approx. 2 lease terms) .. if you subtract the residual value of the car (calculated from US MSRP) from the cost you bought it at (ED INVOCE & change) and divide it by the number of months you owned it .. you'd be pretty close to around 775-800-ish (including tax) for the sedan I would say around 850-875 for the 'vert. Of course .. if you can write off the depreciation into a business to yield a tax saving .. more power to you. You'll be way ahead on any lease deal on this forum (with an European vacation to boot).

To maximize resale though (at least through my calculation) .. you may have to go with a sedan/DCT (most practical and versatile) with conservative colors (i.e no reds/bright blue) and a loaded car (with all comforts). Not that you have to .. but something to consider.

Bottom line .. you're gonna have to live with this thing for a while (not a bad thing if you ask me). With the way BMW is heading with turbo-charged power plants, run flats, automatic transmissions (in //Ms), SUVs, etc .. (not that it's a "bad" thing per say) .. but I don't think living with a free-revving V8 and DCT is a "punishment" per say .. lol .
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 08:40 AM   #27
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Good morning everyone.. well good news bad news.. spoke to my accountant, he advised leasing vs. buying in my case..

so i guess i will just have to wait it out!

is anyone else looking to get into one of these that is pondering leasing?

Steven

Quote:
Well .. to get a low APR (if at all) you probably will have to wait it out first (i.e. close to the end of the model year) unless you can find a leftover MY 2009 close to you specification.

On the 2010 you may not get 0.9% .. but let's say a conservative 2.9-3.9% (else I just don't see them moving such a car .. economy is still going to be in the tanks from a Job Market standpoint mid-2010). The only way you will come out ahead in a buy decision will be if you keep the car for close to 7 years. I also recommend you do European Delivery ( .. well .. you may not really "save" .. but hell ... running the //M on the autobahn and through the alps is worth it .. something you wouldn't have been able to do if you picked it up stateside on a good deal). I've seen people negotiate close to 250-500 over ED INVOICE which is a good $3K-3.5K lower than US INVOICE.

My best guess is (no exact math here) .. after 6-7 years (approx. 2 lease terms) .. if you subtract the residual value of the car (calculated from US MSRP) from the cost you bought it at (ED INVOCE & change) and divide it by the number of months you owned it .. you'd be pretty close to around 775-800-ish (including tax) for the sedan I would say around 850-875 for the 'vert. Of course .. if you can write off the depreciation into a business to yield a tax saving .. more power to you. You'll be way ahead on any lease deal on this forum (with an European vacation to boot).

To maximize resale though (at least through my calculation) .. you may have to go with a sedan/DCT (most practical and versatile) with conservative colors (i.e no reds/bright blue) and a loaded car (with all comforts). Not that you have to .. but something to consider.

Bottom line .. you're gonna have to live with this thing for a while (not a bad thing if you ask me). With the way BMW is heading with turbo-charged power plants, run flats, automatic transmissions (in //Ms), SUVs, etc .. (not that it's a "bad" thing per say) .. but I don't think living with a free-revving V8 and DCT is a "punishment" per say .. lol .
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 10:42 AM   #28
kgz
Rep
Drives: Honda Odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenross View Post
Good morning everyone.. well good news bad news.. spoke to my accountant, he advised leasing vs. buying in my case..

so i guess i will just have to wait it out!

is anyone else looking to get into one of these that is pondering leasing?

Steven
lol .. I spoke to my business accountant .. he recommended buying vs. leasing (from the perspective of asset capitalization and depreciation). My point is .. work out the math for yourself before you commit (not because some else said so .. advice is good). I don't want to turn this into a buying vs. leasing debate (.. way more than enough already) and the preference is more circumstantial than absolute.

Regardless .. like others have said .. there is absolutely no way you are going to get those lease deals again (unless it's a lease transfer .. and that too by a less-informed individual who doesn't know how much the market conditions for //M3 leases have improved since his deal). Be prepared for $1100+ leases ... lease rates on 2009s at the end of the model YR run a few months back, weren't budging. I don't see how anything will change in 2010 (that too with the economy on a slight uptick).

BMW has changed the //M3 to a "pull" model .. vs. "push" and they are betting on low APR and purchase vs. leasing (for most cars going forward). How many //M3s do you see in car lots .. during 2008 .. some dealers had over 8 sitting in one. I'll be surprised if I find 8 cars in the state now (excluding CA of course).

If you are hell bent on leasing .... there are however, good lease deals on the BMW 5-series as they are going out of their model run with the new F10 platform expected in 2010 spring.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevFreak14 View Post
Just got a fully loaded E92 and went with the Select program. Paying $810/ month, $0 out of pocket. It was one of the last 09's they had. Lowest they would go on the lease was $1380/month which was not going to happen. My boss pays $1440/month for his M5 which had a sticker of $98k. I don't imagine they are leasing too many of these cars right now.
$0 down and $810 a month on Select is a smoking deal!
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #30
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
lol .. I spoke to my business accountant .. he recommended buying vs. leasing (from the perspective of asset capitalization and depreciation). My point is .. work out the math for yourself before you commit (not because some else said so .. advice is good). I don't want to turn this into a buying vs. leasing debate (.. way more than enough already) and the preference is more circumstantial than absolute.

Regardless .. like others have said .. there is absolutely no way you are going to get those lease deals again (unless it's a lease transfer .. and that too by a less-informed individual who doesn't know how much the market conditions for //M3 leases have improved since his deal). Be prepared for $1100+ leases ... lease rates on 2009s at the end of the model YR run a few months back, weren't budging. I don't see how anything will change in 2010 (that too with the economy on a slight uptick).

BMW has changed the //M3 to a "pull" model .. vs. "push" and they are betting on low APR and purchase vs. leasing (for most cars going forward). How many //M3s do you see in car lots .. during 2008 .. some dealers had over 8 sitting in one. I'll be surprised if I find 8 cars in the state now (excluding CA of course).

If you are hell bent on leasing .... there are however, good lease deals on the BMW 5-series as they are going out of their model run with the new F10 platform expected in 2010 spring.
well said thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #31
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
$0 down and $810 a month on Select is a smoking deal!
yes it is a smoking deal

well equiped?
Appreciate 0