BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

02-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #111
Bavarian Beast
Too many wagons on the bahn.....
Rep
Drives: LMB 2011 BMW e93

Not supposed to be any drone with the 2-pipe mod.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #112
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90beemerfan View Post
Sounds like an alternative:-) No problem with drone?
It is an great alternative trust me! No drone what so ever, good level, really sophisticated sound. Even better than what I've heard from MPE, non of that "tinny" sound just growl/race.

Either way the S65 need something to let a bit out if you ask me.

Lycka till!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #113
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 SY M3 DCT, 2020 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Beast
Not supposed to be any drone with the 2-pipe mod.
That's good! Stock you hear more induction sound than exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #114
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman
Quote:
Sounds like an alternative:-) No problem with drone?
It is an great alternative trust me! No drone what so ever, good level, really sophisticated sound. Even better than what I've heard from MPE, non of that "tinny" sound just growl/race.

Either way the S65 need something to let a bit out if you ask me.

Lycka till!
Takker!

I guess the weight saving from the MPE is minimal and cost benefit is definitely in favor of the stock mod.

I fully agree the S65 deserves an exhaust with a racy tone.

I'm still just playing around with the car, but I must say I'm impressed how planted the car feels and performs on the road. Still comfortable and practical as DD.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 10:49 AM   #115
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Congratulations! The E92 looks great in Speed Yellow! Stick with the stock wheel color or maybe go with a gun metal. The black wheel look is played out. Some contrast is good from a desgin perspective and OEM plus look. I couldn't imagine driving the M in the snow. I'm a detail freak and all the dirt and potential corrosion would drive me nuts. LoveBug season is bad enough down here!

Get the MPE exhaust! I love mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:06 AM   #116
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Takker!

I guess the weight saving from the MPE is minimal and cost benefit is definitely in favor of the stock mod.

I'm still just playing around with the car, but I must say I'm impressed how planted the car feels and performs on the road. Still comfortable and practical as DD.
Doubtful even a "massive" 10Kg save is noticabke on a loaded M3 E9x easily sitting at 1.7 ton.

Speaking about Winter drive and dirt, did you consider clear bra protection yet? Down hear would drive me mad without, bloody loads of rocks in the air this season..
So much more comfortable with some cover (had full bonnet, bumper, half fender for 4.5kkr).

Still lurking on mentioned rust protection. Asked for some quotes but will maybe play around a bit myself in a mates garage/lift. You?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #117
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Takker!

Doubtful even a "massive" 10Kg save is noticabke on a loaded M3 E9x easily sitting at 1.7 ton.

Speaking about Winter drive and dirt, did you consider clear bra protection yet? Down hear would drive me mad without, bloody loads of rocks in the air this season..
So much more comfortable with some cover (had full bonnet, bumper, half fender for 4.5kkr).

Still lurking on mentioned rust protection. Asked for some quotes but will maybe play around a bit myself in a mates garage/lift. You?
You're right, to save weight on this car you have take off a lot...

Clear bra is something to consider. The car already had two big stone marks on the bonnet It's the same over here, lots of stones and spikes flying around. When meeting big trucks on narrow roads I try to reduce the speed as much as possible, but at times it feels like driving through a sandstorm...

Regarding rust protection, I think washing the car thoroughly and regularly will be ok. I've had many Bimmers and rust has not been an issue. Then again, I don't live in a city and do not drive much on salted roads.

On the other hand, I've noticed a few screws in the engine bay that need attention. But only for aesthetic purposes.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:42 AM   #118
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
You're right, to save weight on this car you have take off a lot...

Clear bra is something to consider. The car already had two big stone marks on the bonnet It's the same over here, lots of stones and spikes flying around. When meeting big trucks on narrow roads I try to reduce the speed as much as possible, but at times it feels like driving through a sandstorm...

Regarding rust protection, I think washing the car thoroughly and regularly will be ok. I've had many Bimmers and rust has not been an issue. Then again, I don't live in a city and do not drive much on salted roads.

On the other hand, I've noticed a few screws in the engine bay that need attention. But only for aesthetic purposes.
Oh, totally agree rust shouldn't be an issue as back in the days when tearing the car down. I'm talking about purely aesthetic reasons and to make me feel good thinking about the under chassies...

Anyhow really nice to see you fetched your car, and how nice it is! On this side waiting since 8 weeks to get her back from the dealer. What started with a DCT leak, continued with wrong fluid filled, bloody nego mess and delays, now target a new box. Have not been fun days I'd say but will hopefully be all good in another couple of weeks. It shall not be easy!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #119
knevel
Private
Rep
Drives: your mom

Quote:
Thank you for suggestions! I'm sure carbon fiber mirrors will look nice. My first priority will most likely be MPE. The car actually had this installed before, but the previous owner traded this back to stock exhaust. Now I'm waiting for the winter to end and to see the car in proper sunshine. Then I will decide which mods to add.
Well, when you're throwing away so much money as it is, I guess MPE isn't a bad choice. Make sure to buy it from a dealer, as those things have a tendency to crack due to how thin they are. You're not modifying the mid-section (although why can't you pop the cats back on for inspection? There is zero smell if its only the primaries that are swapped out).

Or you could save a couple of grand and do the ACM mod with tips of your choice, will save you a bunch of money and will help the noise and look department (although won't do anything about the giant goiter of a muffler).
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #120
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41
Congratulations! The E92 looks great in Speed Yellow! Stick with the stock wheel color or maybe go with a gun metal. The black wheel look is played out. Some contrast is good from a desgin perspective and OEM plus look. I couldn't imagine driving the M in the snow. I'm a detail freak and all the dirt and potential corrosion would drive me nuts. LoveBug season is bad enough down here!

Good to hear you like the colour. I'm very pleased myself and couldn't be happier

There's a black wheel set following the car, but I think I will be trading them for something different. Most likely I will be using the same wheels for the summers.

Regarding exhaust, I will try to meet fellow M3 owners this summer to test IRL. I had MPE on my 328i and that made a big difference to the car.

I understand your worry driving during winter, but hey, this car just has to be driven every day

It is actually great fun learning how the car performs on varying road conditions and during winter you have to cope with snow, ice and wet roads all the time. Then you still get a reward when putting back the summer tires in the spring. I clean the car at least once or twice during winter (sometimes just with water).

Anyway, the next owner of you car will be a lucky owner
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #121
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Oh, totally agree rust shouldn't be an issue as back in the days when tearing the car down. I'm talking about purely aesthetic reasons and to make me feel good thinking about the under chassies...

Anyhow really nice to see you fetched your car, and how nice it is! On this side waiting since 8 weeks to get her back from the dealer. What started with a DCT leak, continued with wrong fluid filled, bloody nego mess and delays, now target a new box. Have not been fun days I'd say but will hopefully be all good in another couple of weeks. It shall not be easy!
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties with the car/dealer. I hope you find a new box shortly. Will the dealer cover for the new box? Anyway, good luck with your car!

I'm a little worried my self regarding dealers. In my area, or should I say in the country in general, here are hardly any DD M3's. The result is very few dealers with needed expertise servicing them

So far all seems to be good with my car, oil consumption on the engine is normal and the car feels well put together. No quirks or rattles.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #122
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knevel View Post
Well, when you're throwing away so much money as it is, I guess MPE isn't a bad choice. Make sure to buy it from a dealer, as those things have a tendency to crack due to how thin they are. You're not modifying the mid-section (although why can't you pop the cats back on for inspection? There is zero smell if its only the primaries that are swapped out).

Or you could save a couple of grand and do the ACM mod with tips of your choice, will save you a bunch of money and will help the noise and look department (although won't do anything about the giant goiter of a muffler).
MPE has been my first priority mod, but I may end up doing the ACM mod or OEM mod (I guess this is the same thing).

Regarding the cats, is it easy to take off the cats and back on? The inspection is done on a yearly basis on older cars. I guess mine is in this category...
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 12:50 PM   #123
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties with the car/dealer. I hope you find a new box shortly. Will the dealer cover for the new box? Anyway, good luck with your car!

I'm a little worried my self regarding dealers. In my area, or should I say in the country in general, here are hardly any DD M3's. The result is very few dealers with needed expertise servicing them

So far all seems to be good with my car, oil consumption on the engine is normal and the car feels well put together. No quirks or rattles.
Yep, the dealer will sort a new box so things should go back to normal. Car has only 3100k km so not that I needed a new box but is what it is.

Agree, you should pick a work shop carefully. And even after this follow their every move till expertise and trust is established. Ha, I thought I did but couldn't dream of that they poor the wrong oil, which I only found out after and had to convince them about. We're talking about a main BMW dealer over here so again keep eyes open...

Last edited by Helmsman; 02-07-2015 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 01:00 PM   #124
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
MPE has been my first priority mod, but I may end up doing the ACM mod or OEM mod (I guess this is the same thing).

Regarding the cats, is it easy to take off the cats and back on? The inspection is done on a yearly basis on older cars. I guess mine is in this category...
Not the same really. The ACM delete the left-right pipes and bring it straight out. Out of the 2 pipe, 4 pipe and ACM the latter is the loudest. With a capital L.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #125
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not the same really. The ACM delete the left-right pipes and bring it straight out. Out of the 2 pipe, 4 pipe and ACM the latter is the loudest. With a capital L.

Cheers
Thank you for the clarification!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #126
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90beemerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41

Good to hear you like the colour. I'm very pleased myself and couldn't be happier

There's a black wheel set following the car, but I think I will be trading them for something different. Most likely I will be using the same wheels for the summers.

Regarding exhaust, I will try to meet fellow M3 owners this summer to test IRL. I had MPE on my 328i and that made a big difference to the car.

I understand your worry driving during winter, but hey, this car just has to be driven every day

It is actually great fun learning how the car performs on varying road conditions and during winter you have to cope with snow, ice and wet roads all the time. Then you still get a reward when putting back the summer tires in the spring. I clean the car at least once or twice during winter (sometimes just with water).

Anyway, the next owner of you car will be a lucky owner
I love the MPE. I had the Eisenmann Race, which sounds amazing, but even its mild drone was too much for me.

I have had the black thing going, but I agree, it's maybe a tired look. I'm planning on going back to my ZCP wheels this summer and work things out from there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #127
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
I love the MPE. I had the Eisenmann Race, which sounds amazing, but even its mild drone was too much for me.

I have had the black thing going, but I agree, it's maybe a tired look. I'm planning on going back to my ZCP wheels this summer and work things out from there.
Fantastic picture! Obviously the background looks beautiful, but the car is just stunning! In this picture the black wheels fit the car perfectly

The silver/grey ZCP wheels are fantastic looking and I think in black their beauty is more "hidden" in a way. In silver the three dimensions come more to life, if that makes sense...

I will be taking off the winter tires in the spring and use the ZCP's for summer as well. Can't wait

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #128
wifesbimmer
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5 M50i, E92 M3, '16 F150

what a beautiful ride!!!!!!! I love the colour!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #129
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
The silver/grey ZCP wheels are fantastic looking and I think in black their beauty is more "hidden" in a way. In silver the three dimensions come more to life, if that makes sense...
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand what's with the current fascination with the black wheels. They look like steelies. Most of the time, you can't even see wheel design since it blends so much.

Anyway, this is the only LHD Speed Yellow M3 coupe in Europe. The RHD one is in England.
Appreciate 1
UPSROD947.00
      02-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #130
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Couldn't agree more. I don't understand what's with the current fascination with the black wheels. They look like steelies. Most of the time, you can't even see wheel design since it blends so much.

Anyway, this is the only LHD Speed Yellow M3 coupe in Europe. The RHD one is in England.
Thanks! I guess a Speed Yellow E92 M3 meeting will be quite lonely...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #131
E90beemerfan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Ocean view
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-01-2018, 05:12 AM   #132
Blakkflame