BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

08-06-2023, 09:22 PM   #1
Matthew_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

TC Kline 2 Way Adjustable Coilovers Input

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has had experience with these coilovers? Looking at a used set that I will be diving into more in-depth before purchase. I intend on calling TC directly tomorrow but wanted owner input on what they liked/disliked about this kit?

Also, if you have ran other applicable coilovers setups and how they compare to the TC would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 01:21 PM   #2
Icecreamfoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boosted

Am running the DAs right now. Grabbed a set last September as my old setup needed to come out and some of the systems I wanted to try werent available to me at that time. Took a recommendation decided to give these a try as a temp holdover. Just about 5k miles in and no real complaints about the ride purely from a street warrior perspective (don't track). Offers a wide range of adjustability and can be paired with a number of spring rates if you so choose.

Where the DAs let me down is solely with the design of the bump/rebound adjustment switches. The compression adjustment at the bottom of the shocks arent made of knobs where you could simply just turn them with your bare hands; they require the use of small tools and it's different for front and rear. The rebound adjustments on top of the shocks dont turn in defined clicks like the kw systems that I was used to, it's just a smooth rotation going total of 2.5 turns using a kit-provided plastic knob, which fits loosely to the top of the shock; I sometimes have a hard time telling exactly how far into a turn I've gone when trying to match setting on both the left and right shocks.

I prefer a firmer ride and have mostly rode KW clubsport for the better part of the last decade. Had Ohlins R/T as well but was never really satisfied with the ride of that. These certainly won't be as amazing as the higher-end coilover systems, but for something mid-tier and you can pick up at used price I feel the DAs are capable shocks and quality option to consider.
      08-07-2023, 01:25 PM   #3
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Regarding getting a used set, I've had a pair of TCK doubles waiting to get rebulit for a year and a half now. Supposedly waiting this whole time on Koni to ship the parts. Just know that if they're due for a rebuild it can take a really long time
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 03:35 PM   #4
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

from what ive been told, is they are too soft for our cars. great on older chassis.. but not the newer heavier stuff.

you could just get 3dm ohlins dedicated track for $300 more, if we are using tckline website price.
Appreciate 2
tsk941522.00