BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

02-09-2019, 12:29 AM   #23
jv92red
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Running audio and accessories when the car is running will be getting power from the alternator so ~14.2 volts + or -. When your car is not running you run audio and accessories off battery power, so ~12 volts. No need to worry about battery capacity while the car is running, the battery is just acting like a power buffer at that point. When the car is not running then capacity comes into play as you'll need to be careful how long you listen and at what levels and still be able to start your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 01:26 AM   #24
jv92red
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
presumably you can set the “tune” on any of them?
Don't quote me on this as I don't have any experience with any of these Amp/DSP combo units but there may be a way once your in the DSP software to set your system parameters up (speaker sizes and locations) and hook up a UMIK-1 or other compatible USB microphone and perhaps the software can then listen and 'autotune' the system for you based upon the RTA readings? Worth digging into the manuals on these units to find out.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #25
wyatth
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456356

Read somewhere that Bimmertech has some hardware change on the PP82DSP that lets them get more out of it. Canít tell is BS or not, haha. Also read that maybe the Match Up7 BMW is solid 4 ohm while the others are variable?
Musicar sells a PP82DSP as well as their stage 1, again canít figure the differences between these amps. Annnnnd BavSound now coming out with their own. Sheesh
I think Iím leaning to one of these over the JL XD600 for now, at least. Although there is a JL for $300 on E90post.
Good info on amps: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1547243

So I think Iím content with the OE HiFi underseat woofers. Final confirmation is if the ESP front mids, front tweeters (w/ crossovers), and rear shelf coaxials are all plug and play. Im pretty sure they are. I think the dispositive Q is if the amps can run channels at different ohms, or if that matters? The Match Up7 amp at 4 ohms with the EPS speakers would be the best bang for me, if they work together.

From Technic: ď EPS ... 4Ē drivers and coaxials are 4 ohms, tweeters are 7 ohms, woofers are 4 ohms..Ē

If this all fits in, this would be equivalent to the BSW Stage 1 but an easier install with rear coax versus drilling for tweeters.
Also think Iíve confirmed E92 speakers will fit an E90. Either way, HiFi cars do not have the same amount of speakers so Iíll be looking for someone selling them individually or a set for a fair price given that not all can be used. So hard to find this accurate information, lots of misinformation and different terms being used!

So I think the final Qs are:
- Can the ESP component fronts run at 4 ohms? If so, the standard Match amp will do.
- Would ESP midrange or coax be better for the rear [shelf]? I know itís fill so probably not important either way, but theyíre probably priced the same used. Iíd think coax since BSW and EPS both add some form a tweeter to the rear.

Last edited by wyatth; 02-10-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 12:30 PM   #26
wyatth
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

And more conflicting info:

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...7#post23274602

ďEPS (Individual audio) uses 7 ohm subs and 8 ohm front speakers (S752A).Ē

No clue now about what equipment runs at what ohms. But the Up 7BMW Match amp with fixed 4ohms doesnít seem to fit anything but stock HiFi which it was made for, and of course after market speakers which run at 4.
Appreciate 0