BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-26-2022, 09:51 PM   #353
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This homeowner was lucky (…despite "choosing" to be a prey to these savages). He's lucky that criminal wasn't very proficient and watched too much television. Did you notice how he dipped the muzzle of the gun as he anticipated the gun to fire?!?! Yep! Amateur!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cge8h...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
It is likely that if the homeowner would have been armed and dropped him like the sack of shit he is then we would have an outcry and protest. I am glad he was an amateur.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2022, 10:01 PM   #354
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Quote:
This homeowner was lucky (…despite "choosing" to be a prey to these savages). He's lucky that criminal wasn't very proficient and watched too much television. Did you notice how he dipped the muzzle of the gun as he anticipated the gun to fire?!?! Yep! Amateur!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cge8h...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
It is likely that if the homeowner would have been armed and dropped him like the sack of shit he is then we would have an outcry and protest. I am glad he was an amateur.
Outcry for sure, but the video would've been vindication.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2022, 01:21 AM   #355
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

notice there are commas ? means those sentences are not dependent
a well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state COMMA
2nd statement is the ight of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
those are mutually exclusive
you don't need the people's right to be armed as necessary to the security of a free state, you need a well regulated militia

But then they come back with, they only meant muskets!!! Which is 100% false. You could literally own a cannon in your front yard or a warship in those times. Regardless, they are not going anywhere so deal.

Quote:
He probably doesn't even comprehend what you're saying/describing.
The troll only hears what he wants to hear.
I still haven't heard about the successful attempts to subvert the 1995 assault weapons ban. Tell me about all the successful challenges to that law. Or do you just shit post a lot?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 08:27 AM   #356
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I still haven't heard about the successful attempts to subvert the 1995 assault weapons ban. Tell me about all the successful challenges to that law. Or do you just shit post a lot?
I am the one of many who has been posting sources and facts. You post opinions and feelings. I cited 5 sources in my reply to you regarding fully automatic weapons and how safe they actually have been in America.

You make an uneducated post. Someone takes the time to actually reply with facts and sources. You ignore the response and write something else uneducated. This is what a troll does.

At the end of the day you are scared of something of which you know nothing about. Your posts have proven this clearly. You continue to spit out talking points from left leaning politicians and the talking heads and ignore the facts presented to you.

You have been trolling for 6+ pages now, wasting everyone's time. People actually took the time to intelligently respond to your idiotic posts(because you know nothing on the subject matter). Again, this is exactly what a troll does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
You know it's a large majority(of gun owners) that don't know squat(about the firearms).
You have a source for that 'fact' or did you just make that up? Please cite source. Facts not opinions/feelings move discussions along.

Still waiting for that source any ETA on when we can expect it?

Still waiting. It has been what 4 days? Can't find any sources to back up your made up facts? You can just admit you were wrong and made it up. no shame.

Here is you two talking to each other:

Last edited by Torgus; 07-27-2022 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
Todd0131379.50
      07-27-2022, 12:40 PM   #357
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
You have a source for that 'fact' or did you just make that up? Please cite source. Facts not opinions/feelings move discussions along.
Your handle should be "opinions/feelings".

I did not make my statement as a "fact" nor did I state it as such, but rather an educated guess and direct personnel experience. Nearly 1/3 of Americans legally own a gun in this country. A majority of adults in this country are neither handy or know mechanical basics and many struggle to drive safely. Most cannot change a spare tire much less know anything about car repair/maintenance, don't know squat on how to fix most anything in their home, most know very little about US history or geography, most are terrible with finances, etc. etc. So why would you think 85M+ gun owners in the US would know how to safely handle, store, accurately shoot, and maintain a gun?

By design, a gun is a very simple thing, but to own and handle one comes with significant responsibility and risk. You have WAY more faith in the US adult population than most of us.

You also know that you're far more likely die from a gun if you have one in your home, right? That is an undisputable fact.

Last edited by XutvJet; 07-27-2022 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2022, 01:39 PM   #358
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
I did not make my statement as a "fact" nor did I state it as such, but rather an educated guess
Right...so you just made that up. Thanks for clarifying.

In the future can you let us know what statements you make that are 100% fictional & non factual? It will help the discussion move along. Here I thought you actually knew what you were talking about when in reality you just made it up. No facts, just a guess. Source: your words above.

Quote:
A majority of adults in this country are neither handy or know mechanical basics.
What does that have to do with legally and safely owning a gun and not committing a crimes/murder? Most firearms crimes are by criminals. Why talk about the legal gun owners who are not the issue?

Most Americans can't fix their engine but most Americans can legally and safely drive their car. You can kill more people at a parade with a vehicle than a gun. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack deaths of 86 people and the injury of 458.

You don't need to know how to replace or fix something to legally and safely own/use a device.

Quote:
Most cannot change a spare tire
Can you cite your source or did you just make that up?

Cooper Tires survey shows 81 percent of Americans have had a flat tire and 74 percent say they know how to change a flat tire.

Source: https://www.brakeandfrontend.com/how...change-a-tire/

This data invalidates your statement, but as you said above(source): your statements are not always factual and sometimes just wild guesses.

Quote:
less know anything about car repair/maintenance, don't know squat on how to fix most anything in their home, most know very little about US history or geography, most are terrible with finances, etc.
What does that have to do with legally and safely owning a gun and not committing a crime/murder? I must have missed your point. Can you explain the correlation between this and legal gun owners?

It also still sounds like you are talking about legal gun owners which is not the issue. It is the criminals.
Source:

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-j...olence-america

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-crime-rep-fa/

https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/GUIC.PDF

Quote:
So why would you think 85M+ gun owners in the US would know how to safely handle, store, accurately shoot, and maintain a gun?
When did I say that I believe that: "85M+ gun owners in the US would know how to safely handle, store, accurately shoot, and maintain a gun?" Can you please quote me? Should be quick to do. Hint, I never said that, you made that up in your mind like the rest of your statements.

Why are you concerned about legal gun owners again? The sources cited above show that they are not the issue. Again you and CP keep focusing entirely on non issues and after we educate you on the topic you troll and move on to something else. Remember how concerned CP was about automatic weapons and how dangerous they are. 4 deaths in ~100 years, lol. Literally they are safer then Tylenol source: https://www.theatlantic.com/national...edient/310814/

You and CP should check out this site: https://www.gunfacts.info/gun-policy...rime-and-guns/ <-- Facts not feelings. All stats with sources cited. Should help clear up your confusion on the subject at hand.

Last edited by Torgus; 07-27-2022 at 01:52 PM..
Appreciate 4
TboneS541043.00
Hawkeye2069.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50