BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

03-14-2008, 12:06 AM   #45
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androo View Post
Quick question, do the cars car from Germany or from Sth Africa, just curious if there is anyway of tracking the cars the same way they do in USA. Thanks GeriFix, I just hope I get it this side of xmas.
Oz, it maybe because me and my business partner both ordered one. I guess it was a good sales day for them.
The E93 comment is that for me? Isn't that the Vert? i ended up getting the coupe. Sorry i'm not up with the bmw lingo yet..lol
M3s are made in the Regensburg plant (north of Munich).
There is a thread on the E90post Australian forum about tracking your car:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...light=tracking
I didn't bother to track mine, so I can't tell you how easy or difficult it is.
E93 is the vert, E92 is the coupe. Although your compliance plate will say E90 regardless of the body type.

Cheers.
      03-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #46
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Yeah I meant good decision to get the Coupe over the Vert...Too much weight in the Vert.

The cars come from Germany, you can track your order once it is booked onto a ship and you need the VIN.

Go here:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/

Click "Cargo Tracking"

Click "RoRo Cargo"

Enter VIN in the box, click "Track"

Then I think you click on the ship name and it will show you the jouney, all the way through to delivery to your dealer.

EDIT: Sorry Geri I didn't see that you had already answered this...
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #47
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 AW DCT

Good Morning All,

Thanks guys for the tracking info.

Well as I said in my last post i was offered tickets to the Formula 1 gp. My god what a day, apart from the weather being 40c degrees my busines partner and i had a ball. Met so many people not just from Australia but Germany as well (sorry no inside info to report).
We actually got to meet the BMW drivers and have a chat, and of course I had my hat autographed. Had a great lunch at The Carousel restaurant, no expense spared in what can only be described as the most amazing food selection I have ever seen.
Well as you probably would of seen the race was abit of an anti-climax with not many cars making full distance but was great to see BMW on the podium which obviously pleased all the people in the tent.
It was a great day and one I will never forget now all I need is my M3!!

Oh quick question Oz, do you use your own cars on the track day or do BMW supply them, and how much fun was it.

Take care All talk soon
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #48
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good Morning All,

Thanks guys for the tracking info.

Well as I said in my last post i was offered tickets to the Formula 1 gp. My god what a day, apart from the weather being 40c degrees my busines partner and i had a ball. Met so many people not just from Australia but Germany as well (sorry no inside info to report).
We actually got to meet the BMW drivers and have a chat, and of course I had my hat autographed. Had a great lunch at The Carousel restaurant, no expense spared in what can only be described as the most amazing food selection I have ever seen.
Well as you probably would of seen the race was abit of an anti-climax with not many cars making full distance but was great to see BMW on the podium which obviously pleased all the people in the tent.
It was a great day and one I will never forget now all I need is my M3!!

Oh quick question Oz, do you use your own cars on the track day or do BMW supply them, and how much fun was it.

Take care All talk soon
I am very jealous!!!

As for the driver training, you use BMWs cars, as for how much fun? My God, don't think I have ever had as much fun in my life!!! There are a couple of YouTube videos of it if you click on my "Movies" link.

Look at all the M3s in a row!!! BMW put serious money into this operation.....

BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #49
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Hi Guys,

Reading your posts I thought you'd be interested to know I've ordered a Silverstone / extended Beige sedan with DCT, 19", and a few other bits and pieces. Bought it and an X3 through Bib Stillwell after a bad experience at BMW Doncaster. The X3 gets here in June and the M3 early 2009.

They could not confirm delivery dates for the M3 other than "November or thereabouts" so I decided to wait until a 2009 build.

Why an M3? I've had 11 Alfa's over the years but stopped buying them when they went FWD. My last good Alfa was a GTV6 with a few mods and the M3 reminds me of that car with 20 years development under it's belt. If that's how it drives then I'm a happy man.

Why the DCT? My wife has an auto only licence so that's reason one but I also do alot of city driving so that's another reason. But as others suggest this has to be conditional on driving one when they get here. If it's anything like the early Alfa Selespeeds then a rethink is needed.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:26 PM   #50
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Hi aggie57,
Congrats on your order and welcome. Ordering 2 bimmers at once

11 Alfas! I thought I was a fan, having had 2 ... a 1966 Giulia Super and recently a V6 GT. Despite being FWD, the GT was a good drive, great engine and noise and a good gearbox, but it would have been so much better with RWD. It was a very sad day when a performance marque with such a history as Alfa went exclusively FWD .... although I read somewhere that they may be going back to RWD in the future.
      03-25-2008, 12:23 AM   #51
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi GeriFix,

A 1966 Guila Super - what a great car. I still have a 105 2000 GTV which I'll never sell. Not that it actually goes but isn't that often the case!?

Alfa keep saying that they'll go back to RWD but at what price. Sad given how close the 2002 and it's Alfa competitors were in so many ways. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the M3. In many ways I'd love the coupe but as a family man the Sedan works so well for me. Shame about the wait but such is life.

And yes - 2 orders at once plus the inlaws also bought a 120i the week before but I never got an invite to the GP. Mmmm!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #52
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Congratulations aggie57.

Do you know what the pricing is for the sedan yet, and is yours one of the first sedans to see Australia?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #53
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks.

Pricing is an interesting thing. It's not confirmed and if you look at the pricing overseas I think it's reasonable to expect it to be a little lower than the coupe. That's what I'm being told to expect but with the C63 at $139K who knows. We can but hope!

In terms of being one of the first, they definitely have a few orders placed before me and I've asked for a 2009 build so I assume that means others will get theirs before me.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #54
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Howdy all,
Hope all is well.

Congrats on your purchase aggie57.

A quick question too you all, Once you've placed your order how long after that did you receive a production date or build week etc from your dealer, mine is telling me he has to wait for BMW to give him an allocation and he cannot give me any indication if I will receive it this year. Surely they've order the car by now (it's been 5 weeks) and have some idea.
If I'm looking at at an August build etc, I might go along the same path as you aggie57 and hold out for a 2009 build.
Did they give you any idea when you would receive it in 09?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #55
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Howdy all,
Hope all is well.

Congrats on your purchase aggie57.

A quick question too you all, Once you've placed your order how long after that did you receive a production date or build week etc from your dealer, mine is telling me he has to wait for BMW to give him an allocation and he cannot give me any indication if I will receive it this year. Surely they've order the car by now (it's been 5 weeks) and have some idea.
If I'm looking at at an August build etc, I might go along the same path as you aggie57 and hold out for a 2009 build.
Did they give you any idea when you would receive it in 09?
Hi Androo - I'm in the same boat. The best I could get was "May for announcement and November for deliveries". Given the wait involved I'm not going to hassle them again until May / June. In terms of when in 2009, March. Based on a Jan build and 8 week shipping etc which sounds about right.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 02:14 AM   #56
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Guys - heard today that BMW have announced to their dealers that the Sedan will be available December. Pricing in June.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 12:04 AM   #57
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hey Guys,

Ok my mobile phone is at the stage where it has a mind of it's own and driving me nuts, so i'm looking at getting a new one which will be compatiable with the new car purchase.
I've looked through the list from BMW but thought i'd ask you guys if you've sync'd your phones successfully or not. There seems to be alot of conflict between mobiles and the cars.
Some people have mentioned there phones have fried the tcu unit in idrive and have had to return there cars to the dealers for fixing. Obviously something i do not want to experience.

Any info would be great.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #58
Androo
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

One other thing,

Ozstriker you mentioned in a previous post you joined the bmw car club. Is it any good? have you been on any drive days etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #59
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Androo your M3 will come with a Nokia 6233 and charge cradle, this will work 100% with iDrive.

The Nokia 6233 is missing a few features I like in phones so I have switched back to my Nokia E65, contacts are not uploaded to iDrive. When somebody calls it displays the number, and you will have to use your phone to access your address book, or type the number into iDrive.

The BMW car club seems pretty pointless in hindsight, they have the odd drive day in NSW but not much seems to happen down here. You are better off joining a club at a track if you intend to take your car onto the track, or just do a BMW Driver Training day every six months and progress through the various levels.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #60
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
Androo your M3 will come with a Nokia 6233 and charge cradle, this will work 100% with iDrive.
Is the Nokia standard issue? Hadn't heard of that before. I have an iPhone which works fine with Bluetooth in my Merc and from everything I've read looks like it should work fine in the M3 as well. There even seems to be a snap-in adapter for it in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #61
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

Quote:
The BMW car club seems pretty pointless in hindsight, they have the odd drive day in NSW but not much seems to happen down here.
the club has organized track events as well -- motorkhanas and supersprints. but, yes, if you want to do just open track days then you just might want to get a bunch of mates together.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 01:33 AM   #62
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
<snip>The BMW car club seems pretty pointless in hindsight, they have the odd drive day in NSW but not much seems to happen down here. You are better off joining a club at a track if you intend to take your car onto the track, or just do a BMW Driver Training day every six months and progress through the various levels.
Yup, but the first years membership is free with an M3 so there's no harm in joining initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie57 View Post
Is the Nokia standard issue? Hadn't heard of that before. I have an iPhone which works fine with Bluetooth in my Merc and from everything I've read looks like it should work fine in the M3 as well. There even seems to be a snap-in adapter for it in the US.
Looks like the Nokia 6233 IS standard issue ... I got one with my car too. As for compatibility, Nokia seems pretty poor. I'm still using my Nokia 6120, but like OZ's phone, my address book is not available to the car. Sony Ericsson phones seem a little better in this regard. Also iPhones and iMate/O2 seem to transfer their adress books correctly.
      04-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #63
SydneyM3Pom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
Looks like the Nokia 6233 IS standard issue ... I got one with my car too. As for compatibility, Nokia seems pretty poor. I'm still using my Nokia 6120, but like OZ's phone, my address book is not available to the car. Sony Ericsson phones seem a little better in this regard. Also iPhones and iMate/O2 seem to transfer their adress books correctly.
New joiner first post... but they kicked in a phone free with the car?? I was just about to go and buy a new phone as my old beater doesn't even have Bluetooth but that's the first I've heard? Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 12:47 AM   #64
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
I find it hard to call it 'free' considering the cost of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #65
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Indeed!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 03:43 AM   #66
SydneyM3Pom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E92 M3

Quote:
Agreed... if I get a phone then maybe I can convince the wife I didn't just "waste" so much money on a car
Appreciate 0