BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

10-31-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
Cmassey3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

E92 M3 is deluging washer fluid from around the tip of the right front bumper

I've been researching a few threads on this after finding my M3 triggering the low washer fluid warning every 48 hours after adding a full bottle of washer fluid.

I've tried the idea of taking out the headlight washer fuse, but I don't think this stops the fluid flow to the leak.

I also haven't seen a consensus on if this is a front bumper removal or a right front fender liner removal to address the forward leak.

I've got a picture of the drip point but I can't tell if it's the hose to the washer pump or the pump tip itself, what's the best way to diagnose it? I kind of want to find the source before I rip everything apart because I don't have a garage where I can leave everything apart for a week while waiting on a part.

Can the fluid be shut off from reaching the headlight washer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #2
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

i would at leat remove the fender liner so u can see the source of the leak, if u still cant see anything remove the bumper. its not that difficult to remove and reinstall if u have to order parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 08:27 AM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmassey3 View Post
I've been researching a few threads on this after finding my M3 triggering the low washer fluid warning every 48 hours after adding a full bottle of washer fluid.

I've tried the idea of taking out the headlight washer fuse, but I don't think this stops the fluid flow to the leak.

I also haven't seen a consensus on if this is a front bumper removal or a right front fender liner removal to address the forward leak.

I've got a picture of the drip point but I can't tell if it's the hose to the washer pump or the pump tip itself, what's the best way to diagnose it? I kind of want to find the source before I rip everything apart because I don't have a garage where I can leave everything apart for a week while waiting on a part.

Can the fluid be shut off from reaching the headlight washer?
=> https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785534

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
Cmassey3413.50
DrFerry6728.50
      11-01-2021, 10:58 AM   #4
Cmassey3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I've preemptively ordered a replacement headlight washer since the leak is definitely on the forward side of the passenger wheel well. I'll have to source a jack so I can get the wheel off and access the inner fender liner.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2022, 06:52 PM   #5
Cmassey3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Issue has returned unfortunately, shop fixed it last time by reinstalling the bumper. Would this point to a blown O-ring in the passenger washer nozzle?
Appreciate 0