BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-15-2022, 08:24 PM   #45
850tgul
Captain
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4, F87 M2, F30 330xi, X3

Awesome story and good for you for taking the (scary) leap into entrepreneurship.

I definitely see the value in dry ice cleaning for any owner of a collectible/desirable car in the Northeast, especially. Like it or not, when we go to sell our cars and they get eyeballs on them from all over the country, a good portion of the buyers look down on any non-Southern, non-CA car. You can explain how you never drive it in the winter, how you garage it 365 days a year, etc. etc., the bias still exists. I have found that the only thing that alleviates concerns is high quality undercarriage photos showing the condition. Any of you who have spent some time following auction sites like BAT know how valuable a nice set of underside photo's are.

And while it's one thing to wipe stuff down with some cleaner and rags, this process obviously takes it to the next level.

Been following dry ice cleaning on Obsessed Garage and AMMO and was curious if there were any shops in the area. Good to know there is one about 20 minutes from me!

Best of luck with the business!
Current: 718 GT4 6MT, F87 M2 6MT, F30 330xi, F25 xdrive35i Gone: E82 128i M-Sport, 997.2 911, B8.5 S5, 987.2 Cayman, W211 E550, E92 M3, B8.5 S4, 981 Cayman, E82 128i, E46 M3, Z4MC, Mk5 GTI VR6, MZ3R, C5 Z06, B5 S4, Volvo T-5R, Volvo 740Ti
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:31 PM   #46
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850tgul View Post
Awesome story and good for you for taking the (scary) leap into entrepreneurship.

I definitely see the value in dry ice cleaning for any owner of a collectible/desirable car in the Northeast, especially. Like it or not, when we go to sell our cars and they get eyeballs on them from all over the country, a good portion of the buyers look down on any non-Southern, non-CA car. You can explain how you never drive it in the winter, how you garage it 365 days a year, etc. etc., the bias still exists. I have found that the only thing that alleviates concerns is high quality undercarriage photos showing the condition. Any of you who have spent some time following auction sites like BAT know how valuable a nice set of underside photo's are.

And while it's one thing to wipe stuff down with some cleaner and rags, this process obviously takes it to the next level.

Been following dry ice cleaning on Obsessed Garage and AMMO and was curious if there were any shops in the area. Good to know there is one about 20 minutes from me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850tgul View Post

(Sorry for the delay). Thank you very much for the kind words! You have no idea how much it's appreciated.

And yes, very scary leap!! Glad to see you're so close. Feel free to swing by sometime and introduce yourself. Would love to meet a fellow BMW enthusiast and OG-fan!

Take care and thanks again!

Shaun

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2022, 07:23 AM   #47
eforty6_m3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 M3 6MT

Garage List
2005 BMW M3  [0.00]
Some shop updates:

Took a new approach and stole this idea from another dry ice provider...using painters drop cloths (canvas) to take the brunt of the dirt-catching duties, rather than constantly dirty up my concrete floors. They're cheap enough so I can keep these in place until they get really dirty, then toss them in the dumpster and replace them with fresh ones. Rinse and repeat:

Top coat was put down in the parking lot at the shop at the end of May, and the parking spaces were striped and numbered:

In terms of business, had some cool developments. A local Porsche/McLaren mechanic dropped off a motor from an air-cooled Porsche to get cleaned up while it was out of the car:

Then, my shop neighbor talked one of his customers into getting his Ferrari Mondial cleaned up a bit in preparation for some custom exhaust work:

Had this Alfa Spider in for an engine bay detail early last month:

BEFORE

AFTER

Had a bunch of ice left over, so I got to cleaning. A client had dropped off a set of euro taillights for his E36 M3 that were pretty gunked up. They cleaned up very well and the dry ice brought the gaskets back to new:

'05 BMW M3 6MT (Weekend car)
Need to stock up on some detailing products or spiff up your garage, then use my Obsessed Garage link!
Appreciate 3
CTMike262.00
DrFerry6728.50
Davey2767.50