BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

03-12-2019, 09:20 AM   #1
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Shipper

Just a reminder to you guys buying and selling cars across the country. I have a friend who has been an amazing friend to the Bimmerpost community. She has shipped approximately 25 cars for us including shipping my car and another members car from Tampa Fl to Atlanta therefore making our trip up to the Tail of the Dragon in the Smokey's a little bit easier.

In addition just to add a quick recap on a member who was quoted around $1,700 for an enclosed trailer by a competing company. Her quote was $1,200, I could be off on the numbers but I'll allow the member to weigh in and correct me. Either way he did save in the neighborhood of $500. That's a lot of cheese.

I know many of you that she did ship cars for had messaged me to let me know how well it worked out but if you could post here and show some love I'll make sure she sees this.
Appreciate 5
      03-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #2
cvstar9M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Just a reminder to you guys buying and selling cars across the country. I have a friend who has been an amazing friend to the Bimmerpost community. She has shipped approximately 25 cars for us including shipping my car and another members car from Tampa Fl to Atlanta therefore making our trip up to the Tail of the Dragon in the Smokey's a little bit easier.

The best part about her service is Zero money down until your car arrives at its destination. "Most all" shippers will not even talk to you or go shopping for quotes without money down and typically that being around $300 up front.

In addition just to add a quick recap on a member who was quoted around $1,700 for an enclosed trailer by a competing company. Her quote was $1,200, I could be off on the numbers but I'll allow the member to weigh in and correct me. Either way he did save in the neighborhood of $500. That's a lot of cheese.

I know many of you that she did ship cars for had messaged me to let me know how well it worked out but if you could post here and show some love I'll make sure she sees this.
I'm one of the members she saved $500! I highly recommend her. I had my car shipped from Vegas to Boston in November; no short distance and I really wanted enclosed shipping Great service. She was responsive, patient and not pushy. The actual driver was also cool and kept me updated via text on his status. Car was delivered quickly and without any issues. Thanks again BOOF-M3 for the hook up.
BOOF-M33830.50

03-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
dparm
World's greatest HPDE driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
The best part about her service is Zero money down until your car arrives at its destination. "Most all" shippers will not even talk to you or go shopping for quotes without money down and typically that being around $300 up front.

Boof, I've shipped several of my cars and none of the companies wanted any money up front. I didn't use brokers, either. In fact, you're not supposed to give them any money until the car is delivered.

Thanks for providing the personal recommendation.
      03-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Quote:

Boof, I've shipped several of my cars and none of the companies wanted any money up front. I didn't use brokers, either. In fact, you're not supposed to give them any money until the car is delivered.

Thanks for providing the personal recommendation.
Years ago when I had contacted a broker they wanted $300 up front and others here had mentioned brokers asking for an up front fee also. I do confess to not having a lot of knowledge in the area of shipping so I will correct and edit my initial post dparm thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #5
SoCalRPM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I used BOOF-M3's shipper last year. Houston to Los Angeles. Car arrived quickly and was certainly cheaper than other estimates I had received. I'd be happy to use again.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

03-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #6
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/X5 35/MiniCS

I had a car shipped from Florida to NY last year, paid the entire cost upfront
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

03-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #7
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Eeek! Should have texted me buddy. I'm thinking of shipping YOU to Florida to change out my bearings. Flight, four star hotel, food allowance, rental car and you are good to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #8
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Eeek! Should have texted me buddy. I'm thinking of shipping YOU to Florida to change out my bearings. Flight, four star hotel, food allowance, rental car and you are good to go.
I almost went for spring break but it fell apart last minute
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #9
dparm
World's greatest HPDE driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette Grand Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Yikes. Bit of a red flag there. Hopefully everything worked out okay.
      03-12-2019, 12:52 PM   #10
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Yikes. Bit of a red flag there. Hopefully everything worked out okay.
It did, the Mini Cooper S got to me in perfect condition. It was arranged through the selling dealership
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
christoepurrr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

I also used BOOF-M3 's shipper. Shipped my car from Salt Lake City, Utah to So. Cal without any issues. Paid upon delivery of vehicle. Rate was also $200 cheaper than the cheapest quote I could find.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

03-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #12
Surquhar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
We shipped our cars to the TOD last year using Boof’s friends company. Great communication and great service at a very competitive price. Half as much as I was thinking it would be. Next TOD trip I will be using them again - will look into them shipping it back as well.

Last edited by Surquhar; 03-16-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

03-28-2019, 11:49 AM   #13
asaprockybalboa
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:

Any tips on buying privately from forums? How was payment handled for the car?
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

03-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaprockybalboa View Post
Quote:

Theodore has an excellent thread about what he wishes he knew before purchasing an M3. That is an excellent thread for a lot of things that are good to know now rather than later. One of my M3's was purchased from a forum member and we did so with a bank check. Others can chime in about getting a PPI etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 03:49 PM   #15
SoCalRPM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaprockybalboa View Post
I bought my car from a forum member. To start, he sent me lots of great photos so I was able to get a real sense of what state the vehicle was in. We also had very clear communications - he knew a lot about these cars and had all of the previous maintenance docs for the life of the vehicle. He was also very upfront about any minor dings or defects and sent pics.

I walked away from a few cars where the owner didn't know what RBs or TAs were, or was changing the oil like every 10k miles. Pass.

Since the car was out of state for me, I researched German mechanics near him and had a PPI done. Luckily I found a place that knew the e9x really well. The forum can help you find potential shops, too. The shop gave the car a glowing review so I decided to pull the trigger.

I decided it was best I fly there to do the financial transaction - just to be safe. The trip was quick and painless. We went to the bank, signed the paperwork, and then I flew home. A day later BOOF-M3's shipper picked up the car and had it delivered to me a few days later. I didn't want to put 1k+ miles on the car.

There's a little trust involved, but I think if you're dealing with a forum member who's visible (not someone who just signed up that no one can vouch for), and you guys communicate clearly, then you're gonna be in good hands with a good car.

The PO had actually also bought the car previously from another forum member. Through the power of the internet I was able to contact the original owner on the forum and get a secondary opinion on the car and it's history. They had nothing but positive feedback for the car and it's (at the time) current owner.

If and when the day comes to sell my car, I'd like to give it to another forum member, too.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M33830.50

04-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #16
asaprockybalboa
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
I bought my car from a forum member. To start, he sent me lots of great photos so I was able to get a real sense of what state the vehicle was in. We also had very clear communications - he knew a lot about these cars and had all of the previous maintenance docs for the life of the vehicle. He was also very upfront about any minor dings or defects and sent pics.

I walked away from a few cars where the owner didn't know what RBs or TAs were, or was changing the oil like every 10k miles. Pass.

Since the car was out of state for me, I researched German mechanics near him and had a PPI done. Luckily I found a place that knew the e9x really well. The forum can help you find potential shops, too. The shop gave the car a glowing review so I decided to pull the trigger.

I decided it was best I fly there to do the financial transaction - just to be safe. The trip was quick and painless. We went to the bank, signed the paperwork, and then I flew home. A day later BOOF-M3's shipper picked up the car and had it delivered to me a few days later. I didn't want to put 1k+ miles on the car.

There's a little trust involved, but I think if you're dealing with a forum member who's visible (not someone who just signed up that no one can vouch for), and you guys communicate clearly, then you're gonna be in good hands with a good car.

The PO had actually also bought the car previously from another forum member. Through the power of the internet I was able to contact the original owner on the forum and get a secondary opinion on the car and it's history. They had nothing but positive feedback for the car and it's (at the time) current owner.

If and when the day comes to sell my car, I'd like to give it to another forum member, too.
Thanks a bunch! Now I have a general idea of how everything should go.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #17
Dan_Q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 5th Gen 4R, Ducati's!

I'd like to get this elusive shipper's contact info. Can someone please PM it to me since BOOF's inbox is full.
Trying to get my new '18 M3 from NYC to Denver.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #18
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:

how about shipping from San Diego or LA to Germany?
Appreciate 0