BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
Closed Thread

03-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #2135
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Link??? I hadn't heard..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...t=98489&page=1

beleive thats it,though i have yet to read it yeah it is it gets good near the bottom
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #2136
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Where's the money, Ken?

I would like to know who in this forum has bought/leased a car that takes a full week for the transaction to finish while you are paying lawyers fees to make it happen?

Again, this is very simple to do:

1. You bring your pre-approved paperwork from your chosen financial company.
2. You sit down with the finance person of the dealer.
3. Dealer finance check it out, make the necessary phone calls, receive the required paperwork/agreement by fax.
4. Congratulates you for the purchase if everything check out.
5. The sales person give you the keys, shows you the basics of the car and there you go.

This is done in an hour at the most.

In this situation there is a small difference, there are lawyers present. So item #1 above should be something that way before showing up at the dealership had to be squared away 1000%. After all, this started with an unhelpful eBay and a flip-flop dealer in a different state. And if I'm paying a lawyer by the hour to fix this for me, it better be fixed quick.

So let's say that this transaction could be done in 3 hours, tops.

If the dealer starts doing the flip-flop again then I don't think that 4 more days will make any difference. It is more than evident that the idea is to drain the finances of the buyer in lawyers fees until getting the car is no longer a deal.

So again, where's the money Ken?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #2137
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Theres to much emotion in this thread. Its just plain boring and ridiculous now, have fun arguing and speculating for another 100 pages

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #2138
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Theres to much emotion in this thread. Its just plain boring and ridiculous now, have fun arguing and speculating for another 100 pages
Dude, this surprising to you? New to the internet?

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #2139
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0.02eurocents View Post
Dude, this surprising to you? New to the internet?

nah but its gotten boring no?

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #2140
acidtrunks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 93 honda accord

Quote:
very much so
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #2141
SAABMW
Rep
Drives: '73 Sonett

Quote:
Probably because there have been no new updates by either side, which means it's the same old stuff being rehashed over and over...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #2142
ImJustSayin'
Rep
Drives: Rusty

Am I the only one to notice that Husker is making a big deal about Dooma's choice of going with a lease ... but the leasing company Dooma's using (leasecompare) is listed on the financing section of the auction page?

Also, there's some conflicting verbiage about dates on the auction (emphasis mine):

Taxes and Fees
All buyers will be charged documentary fees. Our documentation fee is $399. All sales transactions must be completed within 72 hours of auction close. You can pay by certified check, wire transfer, personal check (subject to bank / dealership) approval or you can obtain financing with our dealership.
But then in the next section it says:

Auction Policies
Customers with zero or negative feedback on eBay Motors please contact us prior to bidding. Otherwise, we reserve the right to cancel your bid. Understand this is only to protect the integrity of the auction. Winning bidder must contact the dealership within 24 hours of the auction close and the purchase transaction completed within 7 calendar days. We reserve the right to re-list or sell the vehicle in the event of a non-paying bidder.
With conflicting information, you have to give the buyer the longest time period mentioned. Dooma's made good faith efforts from what I can see ... and he's even using an approved financing source.

The dealer's legal eagles are trying to muddy the issue by saying Duma isn't holding up his end of the bargain ... but the truth is printed in black and white in the auction page itself ... and can't be denied.

Here's the link to the auction for reference. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...233277471&rd=1

Scroll down to the "Financing" and "Terms" sections.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #2143
Stealth_M
Rep
Drives: E46

It's a hoax - sign here (April 1st coming real soon):

I love Ken - sign here:

Paypal Ken $2.00 - sign here:
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #2144
johnwayne1977
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfive View Post
Here's my take after a week of this forum.
Dooma (ken) works as a sales assistant for Husker Auto. To generate a bidding frenzy he decides to post a low starting bid for the new M3 on e-bay at Fil's direction. The TV dealership's lawyers are hungry and smell potential libel blood in the water. Laszlo also works for Husker and dumps aditional gas on the fire through his postings. After a week of forum and blog chatter Husker auto has in fact increased sales activity on new M3's and places a hundred new orders(north america sales record). The TV dealership's legal team has enough libel suits to keep them employed for the remainder of their careers. As a sidebar, Ken's son in the eighth grade is completing a social studies paper on mob internet mentality and receives an A++ and an immediate PhD. Finally, the contract is delayed until April 1 when the greatest hoax of alltime is revealed, rivaling the Sports Illustrated Sidd Finch 168 mph fastballer.
I registered just to respond to this comment- which is the most clever damn thing I've read in this whole friggin mess....makes sense....but if they are going on air with this shit I have a buddy who works at husker and says fil's wife is FINE.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #2145
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I can't believe what just happened in the past day. I thought all was over, so I didn't follow as closely, and now Husker is fighting back dirty. That is really messed up.

Let's say even if Husker in the end wins the legal battle, it doesn't really change my mind of Husker, probably worsens. They blame it on Ken for the bad publicity, but the first thing you do when a situation like this happens, is to use action to show sincerity. Husker is claiming there's another version to the story, but unless it's recorded or documented, it's difficult for any of us to verify.

At this stage, the whole matter has been brought to a whole new level. Ken's at a disadvantage since Husker seems to be willing and ready to use lawyers to duke this out. What a turn of events.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #2146
Scott_J_Tepper
Rep
Drives: BMW

A Post From Ken Tanisaka's Lawyer

I’d like to post just to bring everyone up to date so that we can all have a good weekend.

First, as I originally posted, this is not some elaborate plot to kick off a new season of Punk’d on April 1st. Ken is serious about consummating the eBay auction transaction.

Second, the hold up has been Ken’s leasing company. It needs the paperwork back from Ken (it sent it to him on Thursday, he received it yesterday, and he sent it back by FedEx yesterday afternoon). We have been told the transaction will fund on Monday – by the leasing company. Ken understands that BMW of Lincoln can't deliver the car until the funds are received. As to how much time Ken has to complete the deal, in one place on the auction site 72 hours is mentioned. In two other places 7 days is mentioned. While I believe Ken has 7 days to consummate the deal from the date we finally agreed to the conditions of sale, Ken wants the deal to be consummated Monday so that this can be over and he can enjoy his car. (By "the conditions," I mean a sale price of $60,000 plus the stated fee of $399 and no restrictions.)

Third, while Ken had originally lined up a new car loan, and posted the screenshot here, when he spoke with Mr. Catania on Monday, Mr. Catania asked him if he would be buying the car outright or leasing it. That got Ken thinking that maybe he should do a lease, and he thought of all the business justifications for leasing. Looking back Ken should have just bought the car outright, but hindsight is always 20-20.

Fourth, Ken is very appreciative of those here who have posted him their support. But he also wishes to acknowledge that the Husker Auto Group ownership and Michael Maledon have been working very hard behind the scenes to make this all happen. In fact, Husker Auto Group offered to fly Ken to Nebraska to pick up his car but Ken had to decline because he is a family man who has a full time job. So, Husker Auto Group has agreed to ship the car to Ken free of charge. And Ken has absolutely no doubt that the car will be in perfect condition when it arrives.

Fifth, people should reflect on Mr. Zimmerman’s letter. While I believe Ken has acted maturely about this and has nothing to worry about, some of the posters here and the Board itself should look at many of the offensive posts that have gone up, particularly those using copyrighted photos from the Husker Auto Group site. Perhaps, in reflection, the operators of the Board will realize that those photos and Youtube links should be taken down, as well as the avatars two posters here have taken from the Husker Auto Group website. Those photographs are the copyrighted property of Husker Auto Group. The same is true for the posts that contain defamatory material.

Sixth, sometimes people should take things at face value. Ken simply wants his car and to complete the transaction. He is not receiving any compensation or consideration for my making this post. We simply want to set things right. We request that people act responsibly, and if they want to support Ken in a constructive way, that’s great. But anything else is counter productive.

Have a good weekend. Neither Ken or I won’t be posting again until we have something to report, which won't be until Monday. I’m going to watch the NCAA basketball tourney and enjoy myself (but only if the Bruins win).
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:19 PM   #2147
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Looks like there has been a lot of agreement between the two parties since yesterday.

Hurray!

If that means Dooma gets his car and the threat of legal action against him goes away I think we should all respect that and wait for the next update.

Good luck Dooma, have a great weekend.

Next weekend promises to be much better!

Last edited by BritBoy; 03-29-2008 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Added the word 'Hurray'
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #2148
johnwayne1977
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_J_Tepper View Post
I’d like to post just to bring everyone up to date so that we can all have a good weekend.

First, as I originally posted, this is not some elaborate plot to kick off a new season of Punk’d on April 1st. Ken is serious about consummating the eBay auction transaction.

Second, the hold up has been Ken’s leasing company. It needs the paperwork back from Ken (it sent it to him on Thursday, he received it yesterday, and he sent it back by FedEx yesterday afternoon). We have been told the transaction will fund on Monday – by the leasing company. Ken understands that BMW of Lincoln can't deliver the car until the funds are received. As to how much time Ken has to complete the deal, in one place on the auction site 72 hours is mentioned. In two other places 7 days is mentioned. While I believe Ken has 7 days to consummate the deal from the date we finally agreed to the conditions of sale, Ken wants the deal to be consummated Monday so that this can be over and he can enjoy his car. (By "the conditions," I mean a sale price of $60,000 plus the stated fee of $399 and no restrictions.)

Third, while Ken had originally lined up a new car loan, and posted the screenshot here, when he spoke with Mr. Catania on Monday, Mr. Catania asked him if he would be buying the car outright or leasing it. That got Ken thinking that maybe he should do a lease, and he thought of all the business justifications for leasing. Looking back Ken should have just bought the car outright, but hindsight is always 20-20.

Fourth, Ken is very appreciative of those here who have posted him their support. But he also wishes to acknowledge that the Husker Auto Group ownership and Michael Maledon have been working very hard behind the scenes to make this all happen. In fact, Husker Auto Group offered to fly Ken to Nebraska to pick up his car but Ken had to decline because he is a family man who has a full time job. So, Husker Auto Group has agreed to ship the car to Ken free of charge. And Ken has absolutely no doubt that the car will be in perfect condition when it arrives.

Fifth, people should reflect on Mr. Zimmerman’s letter. While I believe Ken has acted maturely about this and has nothing to worry about, some of the posters here and the Board itself should look at many of the offensive posts that have gone up, particularly those using copyrighted photos from the Husker Auto Group site. Perhaps, in reflection, the operators of the Board will realize that those photos and Youtube links should be taken down, as well as the avatars two posters here have taken from the Husker Auto Group website. Those photographs are the copyrighted property of Husker Auto Group. The same is true for the posts that contain defamatory material.

Sixth, sometimes people should take things at face value. Ken simply wants his car and to complete the transaction. He is not receiving any compensation or consideration for my making this post. We simply want to set things right. We request that people act responsibly, and if they want to support Ken in a constructive way, that’s great. But anything else is counter productive.

Have a good weekend. Neither Ken or I won’t be posting again until we have something to report, which won't be until Monday. I’m going to watch the NCAA basketball tourney and enjoy myself (but only if the Bruins win).
Mfive is so right. Dooma must work for Husker if he is taking Financing advice (whether to lease or buy) from the dealer he says is so evil. Dooma, what's up with that dude? What's the real story here anyway?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #2149
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwayne1977 View Post
Mfive is so right. Dooma must work for Husker if he is taking Financing advice (whether to lease or buy) from the dealer he says is so evil. Dooma, what's up with that dude? What's the real story here anyway?
Er, no.

It says that Dooma was asked if he would be buying or leasing.

That's asking a question, not offering advice.

The latest post from Dooma's lawyer does raise questions, but what's the point?

It's impossible for us to know everything that's gone on here.

That doesn't mean that what we don't know would reflect badly on either side.

Last edited by BritBoy; 03-29-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: Added everything from'It;s impossible...' to the end
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #2150
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

Quote:

Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Tepper, et al. I want to be absolutely clear, as I received a private message inquiry - I in no way, shape, or form am acting as counsel for Mr. Tanisaka, or any other entity directly involved in negotiations of sale. I am simply a concerned netizen (read: web/computer forum) user.

I opine, as a service to this web community, that sections titled Fourth and Fifth should be heeded by all on the merits stated in Mr. Tepper's response above. I'd also like to thank those at Husker Auto Group for allowing this to end in a constructive, positive way for the auction winner. Perhaps a mutually positive lesson can be gleaned from this experience, for both the involved parties, and those of us watching from the sidelines.

I would like to suggest a generalized proposal. Perhaps a good-faith retraction of the spector of libel litigation can be proposed if members and moderators agree to sections titled Fifth and Sixth in Mr. Teppers response? Just a suggestion to interested parties.

I truly can't wait to see Mr. Tanisaka in his purchased vehicle, and Husker Automotive Group celebrating a successful and fair sale. What a great way to start the week.

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-29-2008 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Must be concise - edit of post references
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #2151
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedlogic View Post
Thank you for the clarification, Mr. Tepper, et al. I want to be absolutely clear, as I received a private message inquiry - I in no way, shape, or form am acting as counsel for Mr. Tanisaka, or any other entity directly involved in negotiations of sale. I am simply a concerned netizen (read: web/computer forum) user.

I opine, as a service to this web community, that sections titled Fourth and Fifth should be heeded by all on the merits stated in Mr. Tepper's response above. I'd also like to thank those at Husker Auto Group for allowing this to end in a constructive, positive way for the auction winner. Perhaps a mutually positive lesson can be gleaned from this experience, for both the involved parties, and those of us watching from the sidelines.

I would like to suggest a generalized proposal. Perhaps a good-faith retraction of the spector of libel litigation can be proposed if members and moderators agree to sections titled Fifth and Sixth in Mr. Teppers response? Just a suggestion to interested parties.

I truly can't wait to see Mr. Tanisaka in his purchased vehicle, and Husker Automotive Group celebrating a successful and fair sale. What a great way to start the week.
Thanks for that.

I don't care who you are, I have been glad of your counsel.

Your suggestions make sense, especially if they ease the pressure on Dooma.

But please will you stop 'opining' - it's really starting to grate!!!!!!!

Just lay the s##t on as you see it, we can take it!

Last edited by BritBoy; 03-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: you counsel to your counsel+ last sentence
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #2152
advancedlogic
Rep
Drives: BMW 2004 545i (E60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritBoy View Post
Thanks for that.

I don't care who you are, I have been glad of your counsel.
No counsel, just suggestions

Your suggestions make sense, especially if they ease the pressure on Dooma.
I hope to ease the pressure for all involved. I think that would be

But please will you stop 'opining' - it's really starting to grate!!!!!!!
Gotta protect my bootie. My professors told me to in school unfortunately.

Just lay the s##t on as you see it, we can take it!
Hehehe

Last edited by advancedlogic; 03-29-2008 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Striking the incorrect word advice for the correct word suggestions as intended
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #2153
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Looks like this thing is finally wrapping up with a relatively happy ending!

On a side note, I too am very disappointed with BMW NA. The more I've dealt with BMW dealerships and now seeing how BMW NA is responding, I've been losing faith in this company.

How hypocritical are they? In response to Ken's plight, their response is basically, "We sell dealers cars, and how they choose to sell them is up to them as they are independent companies, etc."

BUT, BMW NA does not allow US dealers to sell new BMW's to Canadians for fear that Canadian BMW dealerships will lose money. They actually threaten the US dealerships with penalties if they do.

So when BMW NA replied the way they did in this case, you just know they're totally full of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #2154
SilentEdge
Rep
Drives: White

Quote:

Thank you very much Scott for coming out and helping set the record straight. I believe that Husker Auto Group is doing their best now to try and set things right. I still think the other lawyer who came in here (not Maledon) acted very disrespectful by insinuating that Ken could not pay for the car. It seems that HAG and Ken are working towards a resolution, and one lawyer did not get the memo. The libel he so desperately wants to sue for is just as demonstrably coming from him.

Scott, Maledon, Ken, HAG, I hope in the end this all works out for all of you. Mistakes were made on both sides of the ball and now we just want to see a good resolution for all involved.

Also, if I have made any libelous statement I want to go on record and say I'm sorry for defaming any and all parties involved.

EDIT: Oh yes, and may the Bruins be ruinous in their path to the NCAA championship! I just graduated from Berkeley so it would be amazing to see not only a Pac-10 team win the whole thing, but a fellow UC too.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #2155
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABMW View Post
Probably because there have been no new updates by either side, which means it's the same old stuff being rehashed over and over...

good point

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #2156
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedlogic View Post
Hehehe

I know!