BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

05-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #23
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

I love my M3.... would never swap for an Audi..... but... I drove a courtesy TTRS which a friend had and I must say I was extremely impressed on most of the cars aspects. Also.. why the hell dont we get great looking front seats like the TTRS???
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:33 AM   #24
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Finally read it... Great review. When I got bored with my Evo X I was really considering the Audi TT-RS, and even signed some online petition begging Audi to bring it stateside, but brand new it was out of my price range.

Glad to hear you like it, and I hope to drive one one of these days.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
amitkhas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i X-Drive Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
This must be a trend with Audi dealerships everywhere. I went to a local Dallas/Ft. Worth area dealership and got treated like a second rate customer. I wanted to look at a new S4 and the salesman told me they only let serious customers drive new S4s and I could sit in a used S4 if I wanted. I'm not sure what dictates a serious customer, but I ended up buying a new car two weeks later and it wasn't an Audi.
Same. Granted, the car I pulled in with was a 10 yr old nissan altima. Yet, BMW dealers had no problems with it...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 06:20 AM   #26
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Loved the long write-up! So many people have no attention spans, but I like the detail. I could wax poetic on similar subjects forever.

Great review
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #27
krazyking
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 BMW 335Xi

Great review man. I like the way Audi's look, especially the new ones. But the TT never really appealed to me, just looked like a girls car. But after reading your review and experience with the TT-RS has changed my perspective, maybe more if I was to see it in person. Let me know if you'd like to meet up some time as I live in Boston.
      05-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyking View Post
Great review man. I like the way Audi's look, especially the new ones. But the TT never really appealed to me, just looked like a girls car. But after reading your review and experience with the TT-RS has changed my perspective, maybe more if I was to see it in person. Let me know if you'd like to meet up some time as I live in Boston.
The old ones were universally known as being a girl's cars, but I think the new ones look tough enough to be driven by guys now.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #29
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

It's funny evoke many people have received this treatment from Audi. Pretty embarrassing. When this happened I spoke with Audi NA and they ended up giving me 1000 dollars towards any parts or service. Again, what BMW excels at and Audi lacks are PARTS, specifically performance and cosmetic. But the gesture is nice.

Not nearly as nice when I bought my E90 M3 and I continued to have O2 sensors and CEL issues. The dealership ended up giving me the 2 day performance school all paid for and even picked up the bill for all meals. Now that is first class.

I wanted try something different and the RS model for Audi is a solid brand. I never even took notice of a TT in the past, but this car is aggressive looking and has no signs of a chick car anywhere. Surely wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like the look of it regardless of its performance.

Still trying to figure out why I can't download pics but its on my list of things to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #30
JusCruzin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 6MT M3

Ridiculous that dealers would not let you test drive the TT RS. I had no trouble taking one for a test drive in LA. I really liked the car but decided to keep my M3 instead.

Interesting that you say the ride is firmer than the M3. In my test drive, I took it on some rough patches and thought the TT RS had a better ride than the M3 -- but my M3 is lowered on H&R springs so that could explain it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #31
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Great write-up. I was in the Audi/Volkswagon car search years ago and on the test drive the wire harness melted and the car died with 10 miles on it. Needless to say I never would own an Audi/Volkswagon ever. However, once the Audi R8 came out I thought I would give them another shot. Well I heard from at least a dozen owners that they have a list of problems as well. Needless to say I looked passed Audi and really had no issues with my 2009 E92 M3, E70 X5 and 2002 Acura NSX. I could probably get rid of all of them for a late model Lamborghini Gallardo which I really want but honestly I am thinking practical now being in my 30s. I need a car for all weather and snow with ski trips with the X5. I want a weekend fun car and drive to work car which is M3 and NSX. Done and done.
Appreciate 0