BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

04-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #89
chris328i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
I dont think the parts are defective... with a lot of mods tweaks here and there it should be good in no time. oh and its 24k body kit... but for 24k i expect to be 100% fitment. NOT IN THIS CASE...
The gel coat is full of pin holes which is definitely a defective part.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:03 AM   #90
///M_CRUSH
Rep
Drives: alpine white e92 m3

This is not the first time there has been a thread about vorsteiner diluting there parts in fiberglass. NO WAY vorsteiner AUTO claves there parts. YOU CAN NOT COOK A PLASTIC MOLD. Pay attention to the tour pics...it shows FIBERGLASS behind there Carbon fiber. As far as I hear, They are being sued by a few people due to False advertisement and Fraudulent parts
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 04:04 AM   #91
///M_CRUSH
Rep
Drives: alpine white e92 m3

I your buddy should sue vorsteiner as others are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB_M3 View Post
Last weekend, I went to check out my friend new M3 GTRS3 Widebody kit he bought from Vorsteiner for $24K USD. I was shocked when I saw the quality of their products. The surface on the carbon fiber are un-even, a lot of bumps and pin holes on the parts.

We also found out their hood is not 100% carbon fiber, which they had claimed it's a full dry carbon fiber; the truth is NOT real CF. They thought no one will knew the hood about this, but too bad we did we found. My friend M3 have the Activewerk supercharger with a large manifold. Their hood cannot closed with the AA manifold installed, so he had to cut out the middle section on the hood. Guess what we saw?

My question is, does this really worth buying their products? and false advertising?

Images worth a thousand words. Let me hear yours thought.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #92
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris328i View Post
The gel coat is full of pin holes which is definitely a defective part.
i was being sarcastic.
      05-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #93
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
I think it's hilarious that the OP hasn't said anything in this thread since the shit he started it with... That is what I find suspicious. The guy doesn't even say anything after bashing Vorsteiner and ppl calling him out.

I can't speak for anything outside of my experience, but from my experience with Vorsteiner everything has been perfect. Fitment has never been an issue nor has quality. If you don't like their products or think they're full of shit, don't buy them cuz no one is forcing you to and that's for damn sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #94
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
I think it's hilarious that the OP hasn't said anything in this thread since the shit he started it with... That is what I find suspicious. The guy doesn't even say anything after bashing Vorsteiner and ppl calling him out.

I can't speak for anything outside of my experience, but from my experience with Vorsteiner everything has been perfect. Fitment has never been an issue nor has quality. If you don't like their products or think they're full of shit, don't buy them cuz no one is forcing you to and that's for damn sure.

you should check out some othe threads regarding VORS. i love VORS products nice design but shit just doesnt fit right specially for the price.

I remember 2 years ago everyone was so into VORS then realized its a piece of shit when it comes to fitment. yes i will still buy the VORS hood no question ask. I think the hood is one of the best hood out for E9x M3. But i just hope that they will make it right in the first place. also they need to stop lying to customer saying that VORS products are made with AUTOCLAVE? well like the guy said they are being sued for false advertising. not sure if thats true or not but to me we already know they lied so many times.
      05-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #95
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

The bodykit is made in china
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 10:14 AM   #96
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post

I saw the same thread & pics on another BMW forum - the OP's just trying to stir shit up against Vorsteiner. He only has 5 posts -
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #97
49ER ROLL
///Mmm
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E92 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerx8 View Post
or mexico as in TJ. lol
      05-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #98
BayerischeMotorenWerke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly and carefully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I saw the same thread & pics on another BMW forum - the OP's just trying to stir shit up against Vorsteiner. He only has 5 posts -
Maybe. Doesn't mean he's wrong though. Vorsteiner sells Fiberglass products at ridiculous prices.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2011, 04:22 PM   #99
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

Actually it is probably made in Taiwan. Since it's a US company owned by a Taiwanese guy.

I would never buy their product because it is overpriced and fitment issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #100
Jbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 FO M4

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [9.44]
The guys at JLevi toured the Vorsteiner factory in Orange County and saw the autoclave they use... they posted up pics of it
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #101
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:

hahahha 90% worldwide are made in China..lol They are the KING now
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #102
mig28
Major
Rep

Quote:
Actually it is probably made in Taiwan. Since it's a US company owned by a Taiwanese guy.

I would never buy their product because it is overpriced and fitment issue.

From what i sourced the Vorsteiner owned by Korean ( KBC ).Klassen wheels owned by Taiwanese,SP engineering owned by Taiwanese,Iforged owned by taiwanese. And most automotive industries in USA probably owned by Asian dude lol
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:06 AM   #103
mig28
Major
Rep

well guys, This is aftermarket products!! dont expect too much compare to OEM products k

buying authentic kits or replica kits for me are the same..its all about dignity thou...
and for those who complaints too much about the fittment or whatever they called it, moved to ASIA where all the labours are cheaper than USA or other european countries ..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #104
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28 View Post
well guys, This is aftermarket products!! dont expect too much compare to OEM products k

buying authentic kits or replica kits for me are the same..its all about dignity thou...
and for those who complaints too much about the fittment or whatever they called it, moved to ASIA where all the labours are cheaper than USA or other european countries ..
The labor is cheap because LIFE is cheap. And even though China's economy is growing at a monumental pace, they still draw $$$ from the IMF for poverty relief. Go figure

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #105
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
From what i sourced the Vorsteiner owned by Korean ( KBC ).Klassen wheels owned by Taiwanese,SP engineering owned by Taiwanese,Iforged owned by taiwanese. And most automotive industries in USA probably owned by Asian dude lol
and dont forget, 50% of M3's sold world wide are to asians...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #106
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:

REALLY? authentic kits or replica kits are the same? I understand your point but when someone claims that vors sells 100% carbon and made out from autoclave then no its not the same. Also we are not comparing OEM to aftermarket. look at other manufacture brand.. IE... AKRYM, Challenge and many more they have top notch design and fitment for way less.... fawk yea why would i buy some shitty parts that dont fit and cost more if i can buy one that is cheaper that fit 100% without using epoxy... (which by the way thats another story.

i am not about to move to asia just cause they have cheap parts. the people are having problem with vors cause products fit like shit and cost an arm and a leg.

TOOO much dollars for something that doesnt fit right... PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS WE SAY IT DOESNT FIT RIGHT THEY SAY YOUR DOING IT WRONG..

Last edited by Grail05; 06-10-2011 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #107
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Parts in Asia is far from cheap. Yes, it might not be as expensive if you're buying replica parts made there(some aren't even available often). Try buying anything else there, and you'll feel blessed by the NA market.
      06-15-2011, 12:43 AM   #108
Juan.sidarta
Banned
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex-e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan@candccollision.com View Post
FYI buying the replica might make you think you are saving money until you get your bill from your paint and body shop to fix and install the replica junk. I doubt this widebody will be replicated
Not always true, depends on the quality of the replica.

And for the price that he is paying, 24k. I would be pissed. Esp on the hood.

I understand that bodykits need work, but if you are going to put a premium on it, then make sure that your customer is satisfied. 24k= 1 car. You can argue the R&D costs, but that should be different to the marketing/sales and quality control department. In this case, the QC department screwed up bad (purely in my opinion).

Btw, l have had good Exp with Vorstiener. But looking objectively just by evidence given it seems as though you should talk to whomever sold you the bodykit

Last edited by Juan.sidarta; 06-15-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #109
Juan.sidarta
Banned
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: ex-e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
The labor is cheap because LIFE is cheap. And even though China's economy is growing at a monumental pace, they still draw $$$ from the IMF for poverty relief. Go figure
Yes, but relative to the US standards of living and quality of life, it is not comparable. You are saying that life is cheap, but you probably have not been to those parts of China where there are poor working standards and poor quality of life. My point being is that these people with low labor are being exploited and life is not CHEAP relative to their income.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #110
Mike Lu
Z
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [2.00]
2009 BMW/M3  [10.00]
+1 Can't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan.sidarta View Post
Yes, but relative to the US standards of living and quality of life, it is not comparable. You are saying that life is cheap, but you probably have not been to those parts of China where there are poor working standards and poor quality of life. My point being is that these people with low labor are being exploited and life is not CHEAP relative to their income.
Appreciate 0