BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

01-22-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Jetblackm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, BRZ, S2000, 997.2TT

My Experience With BPM Sport

Over the weekend, I had my VF 620 kit installed. I purchased the kit second hand so I figured I'd go with BPM for the tune since I've read a lot of great reviews. Mike has some of the best customer support I've seen in a long time and was really helpful throughout this process.

First of all, my kit was missing some components and I was having a hard time gathering information in order to properly tune the car. My kit was missing one injector (green) so I ended up buying a whole new set of the updated black ones. I couldn't get the part number from the vendor so I called Mike and let him know what was going on and he worked with me til about 9pm or so to get this issue resolved. Had he not done this I would have had to either spend another $1200 for a new tune or had my car stuck at a shop for however long.

Now that the job is complete I have a new found love for my car again, it's amazing! It feels like an entirely new car. I haven't dyno'd it yet but I'd like to after I do some cooling mods.

I have nothing bad to say about any of the vendors involved in my complicated situation, but I would like to extend my thanks to Mike for helping me resolve my issue even though it was outside of business hours (and a holiday weekend!).

- Side note, I've only really ever used this forum for classifieds. If this is the wrong section to post in or this post is not allowed please let me know and I will delete it. Thank you.
      01-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblackm View Post
Over the weekend, I had my VF 620 kit installed. I purchased the kit second hand so I figured I'd go with BPM for the tune since I've read a lot of great reviews. Mike has some of the best customer support I've seen in a long time and was really helpful throughout this process.

First of all, my kit was missing some components and I was having a hard time gathering information in order to properly tune the car. My kit was missing one injector (green) so I ended up buying a whole new set of the updated black ones. I couldn't get the part number from the vendor so I called Mike and let him know what was going on and he worked with me til about 9pm or so to get this issue resolved. Had he not done this I would have had to either spend another $1200 for a new tune or had my car stuck at a shop for however long.

Now that the job is complete I have a new found love for my car again, it's amazing! It feels like an entirely new car. I haven't dyno'd it yet but I'd like to after I do some cooling mods.

I have nothing bad to say about any of the vendors involved in my complicated situation, but I would like to extend my thanks to Mike for helping me resolve my issue even though it was outside of business hours (and a holiday weekend!).

- Side note, I've only really ever used this forum for classifieds. If this is the wrong section to post in or this post is not allowed please let me know and I will delete it. Thank you.
Did you buy this kit from the guy in LA? It was missing one injector and the intercooler? I nearly drove down to get it for $3k from nor cal! Great deal.. congrats good to hear it worked out
      01-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #3
Jetblackm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Did you buy this kit from the guy in LA? It was missing one injector and the intercooler? I nearly drove down to get it for $3k from nor cal! Great deal.. congrats good to hear it worked out

Yeah that's the kit lol. I ended up getting it for more than that off somebody else but I'm not upset, I love it!
      01-23-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
DaveD08
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Mike is top notch in the customer service department. I had a VF 650 kit on my old E93 and when it came time to part I couldn't get the time of day from VF so ended up going with the BPM tune for the customer who bought my kit and I couldn't of asked for better service not to mention a super solid tune.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 11:43 PM   #5
Jetblackm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD08 View Post
Mike is top notch in the customer service department. I had a VF 650 kit on my old E93 and when it came time to part I couldn't get the time of day from VF so ended up going with the BPM tune for the customer who bought my kit and I couldn't of asked for better service not to mention a super solid tune.
Yeah I can’t stress enough how much customer support helps in these situations. He could have easily ignored me once he got my money or made me pay for an entire new tune (since I jumped the gun and ordered before I found out about the injectors) but instead he helped make the process as painless as possible.
      01-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #6
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Nothing beats customer support! Kudos! quick question, why would u have potentially needed a new tune simply because you missing a part? Better yet, wouldn't you have to have the kit complete in working order before you could tune (or did the tune work fine missing an interjector? Finally, what cooling mods are you thinking? vf650 coming my way soon whence the questions By the way I'd love to hear more about difference in power and car feel..
      01-24-2019, 04:47 AM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

*MIKE* is the man !!!

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 08:23 AM   #8
Jetblackm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
Nothing beats customer support! Kudos! quick question, why would u have potentially needed a new tune simply because you missing a part? Better yet, wouldn't you have to have the kit complete in working order before you could tune (or did the tune work fine missing an interjector? Finally, what cooling mods are you thinking? vf650 coming my way soon whence the questions By the way I'd love to hear more about difference in power and car feel..
I needed a new tune because the different injectors flow differently. Instead of having me pay for a new tune he just altered my existing file to match the new injectors. The kit would need to be complete yes but I was only missing one injector and I didn’t find out VF stopped selling the green injectors til the day of the install and that threw everything off. As far as cooling mods I’m going with CSF oil cooler, trans cooler (dct) and radiator. I noticed the oil stays around 210 degrees with factory oil cooler so I’d like to upgrade everything at once.

As far as the feeling, the car feels insane. I love it because you don’t feel the power until you really get on it so it’s still easy to cruise at highway speeds or drive normally but once you get on it the car doesn’t stop pulling
      01-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #9
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblackm View Post
I needed a new tune because the different injectors flow differently. Instead of having me pay for a new tune he just altered my existing file to match the new injectors. The kit would need to be complete yes but I was only missing one injector and I didn’t find out VF stopped selling the green injectors til the day of the install and that threw everything off. As far as cooling mods I’m going with CSF oil cooler, trans cooler (dct) and radiator. I noticed the oil stays around 210 degrees with factory oil cooler so I’d like to upgrade everything at once.

As far as the feeling, the car feels insane. I love it because you don’t feel the power until you really get on it so it’s still easy to cruise at highway speeds or drive normally but once you get on it the car doesn’t stop pulling
Thanks for your input. Once I install mine I'll keep eye on the oil temp as well as and decide.