BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

04-25-2014, 12:17 PM   #23
AnisotropyIsKey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

I think it depends on how familiar you are with the all the processes. I have been into auto detailing for 12 years but not until recently did I start experimenting with paint correction. Though when I started I felt confident that I wasn't going to harm my paint.

For your everyday swirls, I think doing it yourself is fairly simple...a two-step correction can certainly be time consuming but I wouldn't call it difficult, of course this is assuming you have performed your due diligence.

For my first attempt at correcting I chose to use a PC with fg400+LC orange pad, and to finish/gloss I went with PO106FA+LC green pad. I also have a maintenance polish to conquer the light swirls here and there. Of course my car is AW, so its a lot harder to see the defects.

In general, I wouldn't so much trust a particular product over any other, but be more concerned with the application and technique while using said product. Each product will come with its own set of caveats.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 12:15 AM   #24
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Jerez Black

I have experience working with a black w211 Mercedes. My Jerez black is also very tough. Water spots show up easily, if not waxed properly or if you don't towel dry the car quickly. After driving it once a thin visible film of dust will coat the car. I still love the color and the metallic does help mask some of the dirt. Just have to wash a bit more frequently, not an issue for me because I love doing it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 03:18 PM   #25
CM3LLO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
I do all my detailing myself to my cars. It is incredibly time consuming if you are going into the paint correction. Unfortunately, I live in MA and there is no Detailers around me that I trust or actually do paint correction.
My JB coupe is with this guy right now...this guy

He's on the Seekonk/Swansea border, just off 195, and does all types of high-end cars. Looks like he's doing an amazing job. That's my car at the top of his news feed and further down there are close-ups.

I took me days of looking to find him, just thought I'd share.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #26
Krockit1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Scratches on Black Paint Solved

I have maintained my own car finishes for over 40 years and never enlisted professional help until I started driving Porsches and BMW's. Black is a bitch to keep clean but German paint is high maintenance like nothing I've ever experienced. Plus, my Jet Black 2013 M3 had orange peel so bad I couldn't stand it. And it seemed like all you had to do is sneeze on it and it scratched! So I decided to go fo the best possible result. Photo is after...

1. Full wet sand
2. Full 4 step polish to mirror finish
3. CQuartz Finest nano ceramic coating applied

All this done by pros. Let me tell you it was the best thing I ever did. Gave away all my other Meguiars and Mothers products. All I use now is Reset carwash and Ultima Waterless wash as a detailer spray, both are designed to be used with CQuartz Finest treated paint. Shine is show car mirror quality, washing is a breeze, water beading is freakish, and the best part? NO SCRATCHES! The coating is tough as hell.

Last thing- there is a difference between CQuartz and CQuartz Finest. Do yourself a favor. Don't try it at home. Spend the money. I enjoy my M3 now more than ever.
Attached Images

07-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
M3-TravelGuy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM3LLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
I do all my detailing myself to my cars. It is incredibly time consuming if you are going into the paint correction. Unfortunately, I live in MA and there is no Detailers around me that I trust or actually do paint correction.
My JB coupe is with this guy right now...this guy

He's on the Seekonk/Swansea border, just off 195, and does all types of high-end cars. Looks like he's doing an amazing job. That's my car at the top of his news feed and further down there are close-ups.

I took me days of looking to find him, just thought I'd share.
I didn't think there were any good detailers in this area. I'm in Newport and haven't found any good ones. Good to know there is at least 1 option!
Appreciate 0