BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #1431
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cngzsn View Post
i beat both of you to it.. I called the first dibs
Just for my education: kindly translate "dibs". Sorry, non English native. (I can still read an e-bay contract though). Apologies for lack of knowledge.
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #1432
ncoday
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Accord

I think the stealership's lawyer is trying to do damage control by attacking Ken; wonder why I never liked lawyers?

I highly doubt the dealership's point of view is true.

If it was, then there never would have been a story to begin with
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 09:59 PM   #1433
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
Wow, tough crowd.

On behalf of Husker, let me be clear that we do apologize for the auction screw-up. The $67,995 figure was meant to be the reserve, not the “buy now” price. Our mistake. No excuses. Once the GM gathered the facts, we told the successful bidder on Monday morning that we would honor his $60,000 bid price.

We have been trying to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to complete this transaction. Obviously Husker is highly motivated to get the deal done and has no reason to further delay with all of the publicity that this has received. But until the bid price is tendered to the dealership, the deal remains undone. We disagree with Mr. Tanisaka’s version of the facts as to why this delay is taking place, but nevertheless Husker is committed to completing the deal with him as soon as possible. If Mr. Tanisaka cannot or chooses not to complete the transaction, then Husker will indeed keep the vehicle priced at $60,000 for the next willing buyer.
Hi Michael,

Yeah, we may be a tough crowd, but our goal is to stay reasonable and help the side who's been wrongfully hard done by.

The fact that Husker will keep the the vehicle priced at $60K for the next willing buyer, if true, is a good sign of sincerity (assuming that the M3 is in perfect new condition with no mechanical faults etc)

Can you give us a little more detail on the difference between Tanisaka's version of facts that caused the delay? So Catania didn't throw a fit at Ken after all? Or is there something else?

But anyhow, signs of sincerity from Husker here, intending to keep it at $60K regardless of the buyer.

And if it turns out that Tanisaka is doing something fishy/wrong with ill intentions, I'll definitely be one of the first few people to give him a nudge and push back to the right side of things.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #1434
3aficionado
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by carchic View Post
HUSKER AUTO SOLD HIM THE CAR!!!!

This Ken guy is a complete moron!!!!!

Turns out Ken cant even afford this car! Word has it that husker Auto was going to sell him the car for the price he won it at but he cant afford to buy it! He wants to lease it!. HE SAYS HE has 60,000 cash set aside? totally bogus

NOW THIS IS SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT
Welcome troll from the dealership. What sales station do you call your desk?

Who cares if he pays cash or leases the car? It was the initial denial of selling the car at the agreed upon price that started this international outrage. That was the action of Lincoln BMW. Now Ken has to pay attorney fees in addition to the car because Lincoln BMW flip flopped & wanted extra conditions instead of honoring the initial agreement.

However Ken pays for the car what does it matter? All the matters is the Fil moron takes the credit card and puts down a deposit.

Ken, if I were you I would get a one time use credit card or wire the $1000 deposit. I wouldn't trust Fil or anyone at Lincoln BMW farther than I can throw them.

Maybe Lincoln BMW can do a little damage control, publicly apologize, fire Fil and his family, pay Kens attorney fees, fly him to NE to get the car and sell it to him for $60k. Then Van Tyle may be able to look like a company that has some common sense. Make Fil & crew the fall guys otherwise Van Tyle Auto Group dealers will carry Lincoln BMWs black eye forever.

And that car better be beyond spotless otherwise you know NO one will want to let this go. Van Tyle execs, dont trust those guys in Lincoln to work on your behalf to make this right. They have proven to be childish and not above child-like behavior. The last thing Van Tyle needs is anything less than a perfect showroom car with the originally stated eBay 13 miles. No joy riding by the moron Fil. If I worked for Van Tyle corp HQ I would fly someone to NE to inspect the car before pickup, apologize to Ken then pass out pink slips after Ken leaves.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #1435
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Rumor has it he cant afford the CAR?

THE AUCTION ENDED FRIDAY. I heard that The general manager called Ken first thing monday morning agreed to sell him the car at the price he won it at but Ken didnt have the money. Rumor has it that the Gm had held the car through easter weekend for him and is still holding it for him. He is looking for outside financing companies to fund him considering he doesnt have the cash to pay for it.

I want to know why he is bidding on a car he cant afford!!!
WTF is this...rumor has it you are a troll...or more accurately...a fact

If you are going to come into here...bring facts and sources...read this board..everything that is personal opinion is clearly noted...otherwise...we like to see sources and references...

Now be a good troll and go away..

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #1436
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

Quote:

THE AUCTION ENDED FRIDAY. I heard that The general manager called Ken first thing monday morning agreed to sell him the car at the price he won it at but Ken didnt have the money. Rumor has it that the Gm had held the car through easter weekend for him and is still holding it for him. He is looking for outside financing companies to fund him considering he doesnt have the cash to pay for it.

I believe Ken said he had financing in place prior to the auction. And if this is the case as you are blindly claiming, why hasn't Husker put this out to defuse this all and end this crazy story?

Huh huh huh?

don't need to answer because I know you don't have an answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:02 PM   #1437
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 996 C4

Quote:

Ummmm lots of people finance cars. Just because he is looking to finance outside from this dealership does not mean he can't afford the car. If I was him I would not use that dealership financing either.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #1438
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Hmm, this kind of posting matches the same ill-conceived manner in which the GM of Husker BMW runs the dealership...
      03-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #1439
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
just ignore carchic, he's just a troll, I suggest everyone just to ignore him. It's very blatant that he's just trying to mess things up. Just a good example of the good and bad of internet power.
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #1440
cngzsn
Rep
Drives: '05 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
Just for my education: kindly translate "dibs". Sorry, non English native. (I can still read an e-bay contract though). Apologies for lack of knowledge.
non English native? me, neither.. but here is what the wiki says:
Quote:

Dibs (also known as bags, bagsy, or bagsie) is a common convention used primarily in the U.S., Canada, U.K., and Ireland by friends or siblings to reserve or declare full or partial ownership of a community resource.
i guess the m3 in question could be termed a "community resource" by now.. lol...

with all this aside, I hope ken gets his car soon..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:11 PM   #1441
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Husker will indeed keep the vehicle priced at $60,000 for the next willing buyer
that is a very good sign. good first step, husker. keep up the sincere attitude.

still wondering what really caused the delay....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #1442
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Yep they will keep the price at $60K for the next buyer ... you will just not be able to take delivery of it for $60K.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #1443
ideliver
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RAC View Post
Yep they will keep the price at $60K for the next buyer ... you will just not be able to take delivery of it for $60K.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #1444
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans View Post
that is a very good sign. good first step, husker. keep up the sincere attitude.

still wondering what really caused the delay....
It's HS. Read my earlier post.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...postcount=1510

Sincere attitude my @ss.
      03-26-2008, 10:16 PM   #1445
0.02eurocents
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo 159 SW

Garage List
Holy moly, whenever you think it can't get any better someone adds dumps a few firecrackers into the campfire.

I love how carchic/Fil is all worked up. This troll acts in writing pretty exactly like Fil described the real llife person. And the odd capitalization pattern reminds me remotely of that email Ke received from Fil during easter holidays.

And i wonder, if everything is so clearcut and all agree making a mistake, why would the dealer call Ken right after auction and notify him about not getting the car. Is some kid runnng rampage in the offices, listing cars with no clue what they are doing, prank calling customers?

Fil, if that is indeed you, you have taken on a war with a single customer. You are used to being in control and power over the customer. However, it is pretty clear that THIS TIME a rather innocent post to this forum spiraled out of control. The internet does that sometimes. It's odd, a hard to explain groups dynamics thing. You were hit. Crawl under some rome rock and lick your wounds, delegate the rest of the transaction to someone else. Obvious you are so inexperienced when having to cope with defeats that you are a liability to have around the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #1446
-RAC
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Thank you, thank you I'll be here all night ....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:18 PM   #1447
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -RAC View Post
that's very true though. Husker should clarify that also. It'll be just as rage-inducing if they add on a whole bunch of stuff and the ending invoice price is way above $60K. To be reasonable, there are a lot of paperwork/documents and fees that comes along with buying a new car, so anything around the $63.5K range is what I consider to be acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #1448
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

I am starting to believe that this dealer can't be so reckless...I am also starting to consider the other side of the story. I am not switching sides, just considering the other perspective. Things are just to weird at this point, maybe we were mislead, who knows? I do admit however that most BMW dealerships treat their clients like crap, but in this case they would have done something to protect themselves. I really do think that the dealership tried to swindle Dooma at the beginning of this ordeal but then realizing all the internet blogs they tried to correct it in some way. They should have quickly turned the tables by offering him even a better deal but did not, so I am not condoning their behavior. With all the resentment going on here maybe they didnt get a chance to make things right. Just my 2 cents. I could off course be completely wrong. I just hope to hear the truth to all of this.
      03-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #1449
UsedCarSalesmanwCombOver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Supercharged Ford Granada

According to one of the articles, Ken was the only bidder for the car. If so, no chance for a 2nd Chance offer to anyone else since there was no other bidder.

And if this deal doesn't go through, why would the dealership sell a car they never wanted to sell for $60k for $60k to someone else? And why would someone want to buy it since it looks like some of the salesmen took a leak on the engine compartment (and god knows if they used the back seat leather to wipe their sweaty butts on).

Again, something about this story is starting to smell very fishy and it's not the chain smoking receptionist I work with.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #1450
LilRedGXP
Rep
Drives: 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
Wow, tough crowd.

On behalf of Husker, let me be clear that we do apologize for the auction screw-up. The $67,995 figure was meant to be the reserve, not the “buy now” price. Our mistake. No excuses. Once the GM gathered the facts, we told the successful bidder on Monday morning that we would honor his $60,000 bid price.

We have been trying to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to complete this transaction. Obviously Husker is highly motivated to get the deal done and has no reason to further delay with all of the publicity that this has received. But until the bid price is tendered to the dealership, the deal remains undone. We disagree with Mr. Tanisaka’s version of the facts as to why this delay is taking place, but nevertheless Husker is committed to completing the deal with him as soon as possible. If Mr. Tanisaka cannot or chooses not to complete the transaction, then Husker will indeed keep the vehicle priced at $60,000 for the next willing buyer.
Hold up! Husker will sell the M3 for $60,000 to the next willing buyer. So far there were three interested parties (after Ken, of course) so does that mean they all get an M3 for 60 grand? No wait, that's a mistake - Maledon must have meant 1 unit only at that price but forgot to disclose that.

I'm starting to see a trend here fellas.

No good can come of this. Hell we're even picking on the owner's son's wacked out hair job and close family resemblance to Guido. That ain't right... He can't help the way he looks but he could ask his mom to dress him better.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #1451
ideliver
Major
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Every time I see your avatar I can't stop laughing. My wife keeps asking me why I'm laughing so loud. hahaha... it's killing me!!!
I am not one to brag...but it is efen funny isn't it...especially because of all the trolls from the dealership in here...

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #1452
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
The posts in this thread account for 3% of all posts ever made in this forum. However this thread only represents .00047% of all threads ever made in this forum.

Insane!