BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel-Tirid View Post
but they differ in sound?
No they will not differ in sound either. The test pipes are all almost exactly the same other than maybe how they clamp.
Bingo. Turner and ACM have top notch clamps
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #24
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01
Quote:
Originally Posted by happos2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bel-Tirid View Post
but they differ in sound?
No they will not differ in sound either. The test pipes are all almost exactly the same other than maybe how they clamp.
Bingo. Turner and ACM have top notch clamps
Biggyi jumped on a used setup of the megan and tpoff another member once iread up about welding works. Called him today and said to swing on by once my car is ready. Took a ride in the car i will get it off of and it sounds awesome. Cant wait. Good luck with your setup. You gonna run a tune too? Or already have one?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #25
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Biggyi jumped on a used setup of the megan and tpoff another member once iread up about welding works. Called him today and said to swing on by once my car is ready. Took a ride in the car i will get it off of and it sounds awesome. Cant wait. Good luck with your setup. You gonna run a tune too? Or already have one?
I bet it will sound great. I am thinking about going with ess hfc xpipe to go with my megan.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #26
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you installed your test pipes? if so, how do you like it, and is cold start bearable?
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #27
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
I need to hear the megan with TPs. Anyone in south OC have this combo? Gimme a ride, I'll buy you a jerseys mikes sandwich!
      09-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #28
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Have you installed your test pipes? if so, how do you like it, and is cold start bearable?
I installed the test pipes at the same time as the exhaust. It sounds awesome. I have some in car videos with my external mic available and I would say that its pretty close but could be misleading in terms of mic pickup and video. It does however sound much different than the videos i have with oem, and oem modded setup. Come out to one of the eurotopia canyon meet and you can hear in person how it sounds.

For sound reference purposes:

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
I installed the test pipes at the same time as the exhaust. It sounds awesome. I have some in car videos with my external mic available and I would say that its pretty close but could be misleading in terms of mic pickup and video. It does however sound much different than the videos i have with oem, and oem modded setup. Come out to one of the eurotopia canyon meet and you can hear in person how it sounds.

Sweet Baby Jesus!

I MUST DO THIS ASAP!!!
      09-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #30
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Sweet Baby Jesus!

I MUST DO THIS ASAP!!!
yes it sounds pretty awesome....if you run 1st gear to redline in the city, holy hell its loud LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #31
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
I need to hear the megan with TPs. Anyone in south OC have this combo? Gimme a ride, I'll buy you a jerseys mikes sandwich!
we're located in Tustin, I have this setup presently on my E92 =)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #32
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That sounds insane sick! Do you still have cold start? I am worried about cold start rattling the house worse than it already does. This is next in my mods plan. I am trying to get Benvos stage II and cold start delete but I don't get much time out of the house now with work, school and my preg wife.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #33
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
yes it sounds pretty awesome....if you run 1st gear to redline in the city, holy hell its loud LOL
What TP did you go with?
      09-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #34
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

I have cold start delete with bpm stage 2. Do you go to uci?

I went with custom test pipes. $400 for these tps out there is ridiculous. I mean, its just a straight pipe right?

I remember i sold my test pipe on my evo for free. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #35
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have cold start delete with bpm stage 2. Do you go to uci?

I went with custom test pipes. $400 for these tps out there is ridiculous. I mean, its just a straight pipe right?

I remember i sold my test pipe on my evo for free. Lol.
Im not in UCI, im an older fart. Im at Chapman working on my late MBA. Im 36. My wife went to UCI 12 years ago.

Your right, test pipes are just straight pipes, but hey they are cheap relative to most xpipes.

I would love to hear your car. Lets try to meet up at an event.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Im not in UCI, im an older fart. Im at Chapman working on my late MBA. Im 36. My wife went to UCI 12 years ago.

Your right, test pipes are just straight pipes, but hey they are cheap relative to most xpipes.

I would love to hear your car. Lets try to meet up at an event.
cool. UCI has a decent executive mba program. part time ranks higher than full time since there is pimco, paamco, blah blah all down there i suppose.

yes, i dont really care about a "brand" of test pipes. in reality, they are all the same thing bolted up. a piece of pipe. $400 is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
cool. UCI has a decent executive mba program. part time ranks higher than full time since there is pimco, paamco, blah blah all down there i suppose.

yes, i dont really care about a "brand" of test pipes. in reality, they are all the same thing bolted up. a piece of pipe. $400 is ridiculous.
Well i just ordered the Turner TPs....only because I think Turner stuff is pretty good quality from my experiences.

Yeah, i was looking at UCI but I got a scholarship for Chapman. If I didn't receive a scholarship I would not even get my MBA. For my industry I dont really need it.

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #38
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

I feel like some ppl with mbas arent even that smart. Just went to school for it because they chose to.

Thats awesome you are getting one for free!!

I think its more about skill and knowledge in a particular industry than anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #39
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I feel like some ppl with mbas arent even that smart. Just went to school for it because they chose to.

I think its more about skill and knowledge in a particular industry than anything.
I agree 100000%

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #40
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:

I would say that if that's their only degree/specialization, then odds are they aren't very bright at all and would be right at home in a Dilbert cartoon strip.

MBA only has value when attached to an actual specialty, like say you are a chemist, and work for a pharmaceutical company, and once you break into management, you get an MBA. Whereas the guy with just an MBA and no background or knowledge of the subject matter is just another clueless monkey in a suit.
Appreciate 0