BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

05-23-2019, 01:30 AM   #23
DwysWysd
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 m3 s54 race spec

The town's people should be kissing lime rocks ass because if it wasn't for this race track Lakeville would not even be on the map! I'm having incredible troubles keeping to 86 decibel which is the new limit for those who haven't heard. It's absolutely ridiculous. Any recommendations for my s54 E46 m3 exhaust is custom but I don't feel even power band with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 07:42 AM   #24
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
Yea, there are houses very close by. There is big money out there and the people are aholes about the noise. There is even an old ordinance on the books that prohibits any racing/driving on Sundays. It's nuts. If you go to the Glen the town is great and they really embrace the track. Not at Lime Rock. It's like it's a nuisance or something. :
Yet another reason not to go to Limerock and spend the time at the Glen instead

I don't enjoy straight piped cars, but between that and a 88dB limit there's plenty of space for something reasonable
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #25
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwysWysd View Post
The town's people should be kissing lime rocks ass because if it wasn't for this race track Lakeville would not even be on the map! I'm having incredible troubles keeping to 86 decibel which is the new limit for those who haven't heard. It's absolutely ridiculous. Any recommendations for my s54 E46 m3 exhaust is custom but I don't feel even power band with it.
86dB? Unless you're driving a Sentra or something plebeian like that, I don't think any sort of sporty car will be that quiet.