BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #89
enricob
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post

ciao Enrico, to bad we didnot meet at the ring this year...
Hanseat next year?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 10:35 AM   #90
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

you guys are hilarious. do you know how capable of a car and driver it takes to run a sub 8 minute lap at the ring? the fact that this car does it in 7:48 is sensational.

it is VERY impressive that a pig of a car can do it under 8 minutes.

what is not impressive is the price of the car.

everyone is right - for that price you could get a brand new gt3rs.

bmw is really falling apart in this category. they are improving their cars and making them heavier and heavier, but they still drive phenomenally. they are trying to compete with audi and bmw in the regular marketplace but they are trying to pump out these motorsport cars that cost an arm and a leg and a vietnamese child on the black market - but they are not on par with Porsche - the ultimate sports car brand.

they need to either commit to motorsports like Porsche has with their GT cars or just stick to sports sedans.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #91
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricobraglia View Post
Hanseat next year?
you had me at hanseat. i'll be there. hope to see you guys there. not bringing the m3 though.
      09-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #92
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricobraglia View Post
Hanseat next year?
have to check the date. I went to this one this year (second time) and really liked it. Really a lot of time behind the wheel and fairly cheap compared to Hanseat.

http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/englisch_version.html
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #93
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

wow, I have a hard time believing the E46 M3 CSL was that fast around the Ring.. anyhow, I read a review that the rear wing causes drag on straightaways, as a stock M3 was actually faster in the straight on one course.. very nice car nonetheless, and a great time!! it's good to see BMW giving us a track optioned out car from the factory, for sure a collector's item

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #94
enricob
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
you had me at hanseat. i'll be there. hope to see you guys there. not bringing the m3 though.
Hi Karusell, nice to meet you!

I'll be there at 100%
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 02:31 AM   #95
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Did they do wind-tunnel tests? Would like to know what those little bits change...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #96
enricob
First Lieutenant
Rep

M3 GTS vs M3 stock at Nordschleife

but who drove the GTS?? Jerry Lewis

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 03:27 AM   #97
Great White
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 DCT AW/PS

Garage List
2000 M5 E39  [10.00]
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
2002 318i Compact  [0.00]
Ok, I didnīt read all of the posts cause there just too many. BUT:

Iīd like to add a few comments on the GTSīs approach on the Nordschleife:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel b View Post
A few important coments:

the CSL time is doubted by a lot of people (who know what they are talking about). The the speeds it achieved where just not possible with the power it has, in several areas of the track it was even faster then a 996 GT3RS! which is doubtfull with the HP the CSL should have. So a "standard" CSL would not be able to drive a 07:50.

Compare the following:

Speed comparison between CSL and GTS:

Please note that the GTS has a better aerodyamics (Cw value) then the CSL (even with the backwing)!

Second, the GTS is on UHP tires, not on semi slicks (Michelin Cups which eg the CSL had), which makes a big difference.
The CSL not at 7:50?.. Chuckle, sorry but those (who know what they are talking about) havenīt a clue to what was driven that day. Evidently circumstancial weather, temprature & atmospheric pressure are deemed good or not good to go. The car was optimised for the test.

Your point being ? Your comparing the GT3RS with the GTS & then the CSL?

Next point : the Pirelli P Corsaīs are officially declared semi slicks, how & where do you get the information that these are UHPs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigangi View Post
pretty disappointed in the GTS
read below please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespeed117 View Post
its the weight thats killing this car. The CSL was totally stripped and didnt even have a radio. The GTS is a 154 pounds heavier than the CSL. Thats like having another person in the seat. This new one still has a bunch of its components that are in the normal M3 like the Aircon and radio. The CSL was a straight up racing machine for race drivers, the GTS is a racing machine for people who want to be Racers.
sorry to have to say this but get your facts right please:
The GTS has no radio, no Navisys, no iDrive, not even EDC !
It does however have Aircon which was done as a requst from the customers.
It was orderable without if requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricob View Post
but who drove the GTS?? Jerry Lewis

A lot of you donīt know this or perhaps didnīt read it but the time the GTS put on the NoS track was idiotic in the first instance for any case!

It wasnīt Jerry driving but Horst v. Saurma who happens to be a very experienced driver BUT if all read carefully he states that due to lack of time from BMW the test drive was done with the HARD setup!
Now I have 2 problems here:
1st:
being that anyone who knows the NoS knows that you do not drive the track with a hard setup (fullstop) Itīs stupid & contra productive to timing.

2nd:
BMW should have made sure that the car was properly prepared with the soft setup BEFORE they went there! They know that SportAuto is one of the most respected & unbiased testers here in Europe so they should have set it to the best of thier abilities to get the best time they could have. But nope, they were out of time ?? Thatīs just BS! Shame on BMW for this F-up.
Horst v.S said if the setup were NoS specificationed he would have gotten a couple more seconds out of the car!

I happed to be keeping close watch on a customer GTS and know that the car is being tested & adjusted to the best possibilty the car can give.
If faster times do come in this year I will let you know. But this said: The owner has slapped the time of HvS already but is has not rated until it has officialy been registered & confirmed.

Hope I could put some insight into the discussion of the GTS being a heavy piece of C**p.
Expensive? yes!
Not worth it? I donīt think so..