BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #23
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Yea I have no idea what.... so hard to diagnose something that is intermittent. Especially if no one else has had this specific problem.... hmm.... we'll see, guess for now I'll live with it.
You could also try bringing it to a more mod-friendly dealership like Rallye or Habberstad. I'll give you the name of my SA who's awesome at Rallye if you want. PM me bro!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #24
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
You could also try bringing it to a more mod-friendly dealership like Rallye or Habberstad. I'll give you the name of my SA who's awesome at Rallye if you want. PM me bro!
+1. If you go the Habberstad route, go to the Bay Shore location. I haven't had the greatest of experiences at Huntington.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
So a new intermittent problem has popped up on my '08 M.

Sometimes the steering feels very unpredictable. The resistance on the steering wheel and the effect it has on steering the car seems to change randomly. As far as I know the steering is controlled by the computer and is supposed to be speed related correct? It seems like there is some sort of computer glitch now and I can be just cruising along and all of a sudden the steering is very soft and the wheels turn a lot, or sometimes I can be accelerating from slow speed and the wheel is very hard to turn. Anyone ever hear of this or have a similar issue?

btw it's going in to the dealer on Thursday. But I like to have a little backup info from other people. Last time I brought my car there complaining about a noise from the rear, they worked on the front of the car (needless to say the problem was really in the rear ) I hate bringing my car to the damn dealer.

I think I may have the same issue as you but with some vibrations. I started a thread in here too but havent figured it out.

Its getting checked on Tuesday but everytime the steering wheel is turned off center I get a vibration through the steering wheel, pedals, and seat...basically the whole car. The vibrations are intermittent and wierd. The vibes feel very similiar to a cell phone. short fast pulses.

Im dreading the dealer too as they tried to tell me my exhaust made my headlights not level last visit
      10-18-2010, 12:36 PM   #26
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
I actually bought the car from Habberstadt they are great there, I just save them for special help service or whatever since I live an hour from there and only minutes from the Southampton dealer I go there first. But Habberstadt is a much better dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post
I think I may have the same issue as you but with some vibrations. I started a thread in here too but havent figured it out.

Its getting checked on Tuesday but everytime the steering wheel is turned off center I get a vibration through the steering wheel, pedals, and seat...basically the whole car. The vibrations are intermittent and wierd. The vibes feel very similiar to a cell phone. short fast pulses.

Im dreading the dealer too as they tried to tell me my exhaust made my headlights not level last visit
No vibration from mine
      03-08-2020, 07:50 PM   #27
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Bringing this back from the dead.. Im having the same issue. Steering randomly gets stiff than back to soft and back to stiff in a matter of seconds. Mechanic stated he feels inconsistent flow in the hose, there was pressure surges and gurgling noises.Anyone can help figure this out??
Appreciate 0