BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

03-26-2008, 06:30 PM   #1299
zxcasd
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by naugahyde View Post
Hey there mike, didn't the auction state NO RESERVE?
no, it just said something along the lines of being the lowest priced m3 on ebay/online
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #1300
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Husker, learn from Netflix:

http://consumerist.com/372385/netfli...mondays-delays
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #1301
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
This whole thing is getting a little weird.
+1. Guess I'll have some more Anyone want some ??
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:34 PM   #1302
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Maledon View Post
I represent Husker Auto Group. Much of the information that has been publicized and reported on to date is wholly without merit.

Husker Auto Group erred in its eBay listing by not setting an appropriate reserve on the vehicle. General manager Fil Catania was contacted by Ken Tanisaka late last Friday informing him of the auction results. Mr. Catania asked Mr. Tanisaka to have the weekend to gather the facts and promised to get back to Mr. Tanisaka the following Monday. (Recall this was Easter weekend. Mr. Catania contacted me over the weekend, but I was not able to return his call until Monday morning.) On Monday, Mr. Catania called Mr. Tanisaka and explained that although the dealership’s eBay listing was in error, the dealership would nevertheless consummate the transaction at the price bid by Mr. Tanisaka.

Between Monday and today, Mr. Catania has repeatedly attempted to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to consummate the transaction. Husker has agreed to allow Mr. Tanisaka additional time to secure financing, and has only requested the minimum deposit of $1,000. (A clearly stated condition of the auction was that the buyer must deposit $1000 to $5,000, which must be received by Husker within 24 hours.)

It is true that Husker asked Mr. Tanisaka to post a comment on this site that would set the record straight. While it may or may not have been Mr. Tanisaka’s intent, the dealership and its employees have been unfairly subject to slander, threats, intimidation, malicious tampering of personal property, harassment etc. Although Mr. Tanisaka refused to correct the misinformation that has been widely circulating, Husker Auto Group nevertheless confirmed to Mr. Tanisaka its willingness to consummate the transaction at the price he bid.

Mr. Tanisaka has still not completed the necessary paperwork to purchase the vehicle. In fact, he has indicated his refusal to speak with anyone at the dealership.

Based on the gamesmanship being played by Mr. Tanisaka, it has become increasingly apparent that Mr. Tanisaka is more out for the publicity than to buy a BMW.

Of course, Husker will continue to do everything reasonably possible to satisfy Mr. Tanisaka if he truly intends to purchase this vehicle.

Michael B. Maledon, Esq.

you are full of it based on what he said in the local paper, or did you not read fils own comments?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #1303
naugahyde
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330

I think I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this Husker rep post.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #1304
X6WouldBeNice
Rep
Drives: 07' Mercedes C230, 04' Maxima

Quote:
I represent Husker Auto Group. Much of the information that has been publicized and reported on to date is wholly without merit.

Husker Auto Group erred in its eBay listing by not setting an appropriate reserve on the vehicle. General manager Fil Catania was contacted by Ken Tanisaka late last Friday informing him of the auction results. Mr. Catania asked Mr. Tanisaka to have the weekend to gather the facts and promised to get back to Mr. Tanisaka the following Monday. (Recall this was Easter weekend. Mr. Catania contacted me over the weekend, but I was not able to return his call until Monday morning.) On Monday, Mr. Catania called Mr. Tanisaka and explained that although the dealership’s eBay listing was in error, the dealership would nevertheless consummate the transaction at the price bid by Mr. Tanisaka.

Between Monday and today, Mr. Catania has repeatedly attempted to work cooperatively with Mr. Tanisaka to consummate the transaction. Husker has agreed to allow Mr. Tanisaka additional time to secure financing, and has only requested the minimum deposit of $1,000. (A clearly stated condition of the auction was that the buyer must deposit $1000 to $5,000, which must be received by Husker within 24 hours.)

It is true that Husker asked Mr. Tanisaka to post a comment on this site that would set the record straight. While it may or may not have been Mr. Tanisaka’s intent, the dealership and its employees have been unfairly subject to slander, threats, intimidation, malicious tampering of personal property, harassment etc. Although Mr. Tanisaka refused to correct the misinformation that has been widely circulating, Husker Auto Group nevertheless confirmed to Mr. Tanisaka its willingness to consummate the transaction at the price he bid.

Mr. Tanisaka has still not completed the necessary paperwork to purchase the vehicle. In fact, he has indicated his refusal to speak with anyone at the dealership.

Based on the gamesmanship being played by Mr. Tanisaka, it has become increasingly apparent that Mr. Tanisaka is more out for the publicity than to buy a BMW.

Of course, Husker will continue to do everything reasonably possible to satisfy Mr. Tanisaka if he truly intends to purchase this vehicle.

Michael B. Maledon, Esq.
LOL, your a liar too! How was it a MISTAKE when they pulled the EXACT same thing on a 2003 Z06 on eBay resulting in a negative feedback? Explain that Mr. Lawyer... Looks like you truly cannot back your story up. Too bad for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:35 PM   #1305
MelsM3
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Thumbs down

Michael B. Maledon, Esq...

Will do ANYTHING for $$$$$$$$$$$

D*CK!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #1306
SAABMW
Rep
Drives: '73 Sonett

Quote:
I would suggest to you that the "Much of the information ... wholly without merit" is the line of bull you got from Fil, et al. from Husker.

Sad that you would believe them. Even sadder if you know better.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #1307
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
I'm going to follow this whole thing ends.

For Husker, the best form of clarifying and turning around the situation is not to post something and point fingers at Ken Tanisaka but to facilitate the deal and make it happen.

Indeed, hearing both sides is important, but Husker is clearly at a disadvantaged position in terms of credibility. Action, action, action Husker!!!
2007 E90 335i|6MT|Sapphire Black Metallic|Black Leather|Aluminum Trim|ZSP|ZPP|CWP|Aluminum Pedals|M-Aero Kit|Blackline Tailights|E46 ZHP Knob|Euro Foglight Switch|M-Sport Perforated Leather steering wheel|M-Sport Perforated E-Brake|Front Carbon Fibre Splitter Kit|BMW Performance 19" Wheels|Meisterschaft Touring Exhaust Full Cat-Back System
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #1308
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naugahyde View Post
I think I'm going to have to call shenanigans on this Husker rep post.
+1. Have some - tastes great with grated cheddar cheese on top....
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #1309
BritBoy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Mondeo 20si (Old!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-m6 View Post
i think BMWNA and ebay are nervously and passively watching if case escalates. and husker is clearly stalling for space for their legal team to work some kinda magic technicality/loophole. i say just sue and catch them off guard. after hearing this, i wouldn't be surprised if ebay motor's division folds, generating *ZERO* income for any party.
Hmm, I've pondered your last point as well.

Could one high profile 'Bad Deal' bring the whole thing down? I don't think so.

Could the attention the site will surely now get with regard to shill bidding and sharp practice, drive people away? Quite possibly, but I guess the question is 'How many and for how long?'. It's big business and not everyone on there has questionable business ethics and not everybody gets screwed, or it would have gone already.

I think people will be more wary and there will be greater pressure on eBay to put more money into weeding out the bad guys, but I think it will definitely survive.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #1310
MelsM3
Private
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:

Michael B. Maledon, Esq.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #1311
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
Ken:

I have been watching this develop since your first post this past weekend. As a BMW car fan, a E92 M3 owner, and as a lawyer, I am fascinated by this story and respect your resolve. The negative PR for this dealership--especially on the internet--is truly astonishing.

While I don't agree with their conduct--in fact I am adamantly opposed to dealerships that behave in this manner--I am not surprised the dealership tried to hardball you at the outset. What astonishes me, however, is when the pr machine started to get rolling, the dealership failed to realize how much positive publicity it could have generated by simply honoring the deal. They simply could not have gotten more positive pr for their buck than if they had just agreed to eat the $6,000 and sell you the car at the final auction price.

Your story, combined with reading many of the other postings, including a posting that included a link to the Edmunds article called Confessions of a Car Salesman http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying...2/article.html has helped expose the systemic nature of the shady (and often illegal) business practices in which the car dealers engage.

As many others have said, car dealerships, like any other business, are entitled to make a profit, but the way in which they make their profit is so inherently dishonest that it is truly offensive (yes, this is coming from a lawyer--no flames, please). Anyway, good luck and continue to let your legal counsel work for your interests. I know California has an unfair business practices law that should allow you to recover attorneys fees from the dealership when you win. I am not sure in what state the litigation will take place, but hopefully you will get your car and end up recovering any damages and attorneys' fees from what certainly appears to be an unscrupulous dealer.
couldn't agree more here, the methods make the difference.

this is ridiculous that BMW-North America isn't doing anything (or at least it seems that way). shouldn't they have given you some sort of letter correspondence of a general letter ?

me and my colleagues/classmates have already begun associating BMWNA of allowing and tolerating such unethcial and illegal tactics all for profit, with NO disregard for customers who pledge their loyalty with their hard-earned money. i'm sure lexus and other manufacturers would appreciate the extra business from ex-bmw owners.

ebay is a risk, sometimes you win/sometimes you lose (getting outbid at the last minute). they took the risk, and they should live with it. i hope the legal notice mentioned anything with anguish,stress/legal fees that Ken can recouperate.

this reminds me of the dumb judge from washDC who thought he could muscle a dryer cleaner, but instead got disbarred and bankrupt.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #1312
ganjadude
Rep
Drives: 99 grand am GT

anyone else find it funny that moose shows up again after the "rep" makes a post? Didnt he say he was done posting but an "official post" from BMW of lincon shows up and bam hes back
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #1313
naugahyde
Registered
Rep
Drives: 06 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
+1. Have some - tastes great with grated cheddar cheese on top....
thanks, mine's from kettle korn, real one, not the microwave.

Although the post from Bill S. Preston, ESQ (wild stallions!) is dumb enough to actually be for real, I think I'm still gonna have to call it...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #1314
MelsM3
Private
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-m6 View Post
couldn't agree more here, the methods make the difference.

this is ridiculous that BMW-North America isn't doing anything (or at least it seems that way). shouldn't they have given you some sort of letter correspondence of a general letter ?

me and my colleagues/classmates have already begun associating BMWNA of allowing and tolerating such unethcial and illegal tactics all for profit, with NO disregard for customers who pledge their loyalty with their hard-earned money. i'm sure lexus and other manufacturers would appreciate the extra business from ex-bmw owners.

ebay is a risk, sometimes you win/sometimes you lose (getting outbid at the last minute). they took the risk, and they should live with it. i hope the legal notice mentioned anything with anguish,stress/legal fees that Ken can recouperate.

this reminds me of the dumb judge from washDC who thought he could muscle a dryer cleaner, but instead got disbarred and bankrupt.
BMWNA does NOT want to look bad, by agreeing with either side.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #1315
rainsux
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G35 & Italia

> Interesting developments.

Indeed! I'm astonished & thrilled that VTAIG came to the party. Pass the
popcorn, please. Here, have a cold beer. <munch> <munch> <munch>

-doug
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #1316
gundamfans
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
well just give moose a break. the main players of this whole incident is dooma (ken) and husker.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #1317
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
I think the lawyer post above from Husker is BS. Total BS. itactually contradicts everything we heard so far.

Damn, good thing is that Ken is getting offers from others. I see dealers are loving this - nice way to pinch husker for them.

Amazing thread though, havent ever seen anything like that. A million views? has tobe some sort of record for the time this existed!
      03-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #1318
X6WouldBeNice
Rep

After Ken gets his M3, I will be calling BMW of Lincoln (after the deal is sealed and confirmed of course) and will blatanly ask if Fil has been fired yet.

I am a Mercedes owner and have many friends/relatives who are BMW owners (of course they are great cars) who tell me of horrifying dealership experiences. BMW of Lincoln will be closing for "unknown reasons" very soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:46 PM   #1319
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy33 View Post
Y'know, the funny thing to me as I step back for a moment is just how compelling all of this is for its own sake.

I have no ax to grind at all...matter of fact, I got truly outstanding treatment from the Internet sales department of the dealer I dealt with for a new Lexus just two months ago...they quoted honestly and fairly between invoice and MSRP, paid me KBB for my trade, and I even was greeted with a slightly better interest rate and lower payments when I actually showed up at the dealer. Before that for the last 10 years, I've been dealing with a local Saturn dealership that is truly above and beyond stellar in all its dealings.

In short...I've had nothing but happy experience with car dealers.

Yet, I find myself almost biting my nails and wearing out my F5 key here. I genuinely care about what happens to an obviously nice guy, and I am blown away by the sense of community surrounding this place. Something very positive is going on here.
you're lucky to have pleasant experiences. but say the next guy tried to scam ya, but you walked... you'll be skeptical of the next saleperson. all it takes is one rotten experience to ruin for everyone. any ya'll in sales, take this as a lesson learned.. you colleague messed up, and we all (buyers/sellers) here should learn from it. don't stick to a sales-bretheren when they're wrong. all it takes is one rotten experience to ruin for everyone, so know that its an uphill battle. all that sweet talk means nothing if you treat customer's like that post-sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:48 PM   #1320
X6WouldBeNice
Rep

Lazlo,

If my son screwed up my business this badly...consider his a*s fired!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread